Page 336 of 360 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

BANNED

Tales of the dark multiverse

Absolute carnage
    Absolute carnage lethal protectors (might cancel)
    Absolute carnage miles morales (might cancel)
    Absolute carnage vs Deadpool

War of realms

The Batman who laughs

The authority omnibus

Batman TMNT I, II, III

House of X/Powers of X hardcover

The mask omnibus vol 2

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Just finished the first omnibus yesterday (REALLY liked it and now everybody tells me the second one is even better) and already 300 pages into the second one. I actually enjoyed the first part although the connections with the normal DC universe did feel shoehorned in. But as stated by the others, it definitely gets better. There are some issues that are not as strong as the rest but I think that on average, Gaiman's writing is high quality. The art varies and is not always of the same quality but at the moment, I'm reading a story arc penciled by Jill Thompson, whose art I like.

I'm glad that I'm finally reading this - oh and I have the third omnibus lined up as well
    I'm happy you enjoyed!! The second half of Sandman is gorgeous, Brief Lives is one of my favourite comic arcs ever. Stellar stuff. The art from the last two arcs are really diferent from all the others. Omnibus 3 is worth, great tales, standalone stories and the Overture epic, who will help you with some obscure parts of the mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Scalped, Monstress, Outcast & Harrow County are all series I need to get to.
    Last week I bought Scalped after years and years and it is brutal, visceral, disturbing. Crime books from the 2000s are always good, I didn't thought this would be THAT good. Same level as 100 Bullets ou Stray Bullets (for the first deluxe at least).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I'm happy you enjoyed!! The second half of Sandman is gorgeous, Brief Lives is one of my favourite comic arcs ever. Stellar stuff. The art from the last two arcs are really different from all the others. Omnibus 3 is worth, great tales, standalone stories and the Overture epic, who will help you with some obscure parts of the mythology.
    Thanks The second one was even better than the first and Brief Lives was also one of my favourites, along with Ramadan, which is probably the standout single issue of the run (another contender is the 24h diner). I also really enjoyed The Kindly Ones.
    Last edited by Foxy; 08-23-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Last week I bought Scalped after years and years and it is brutal, visceral, disturbing. Crime books from the 2000s are always good, I didn't thought this would be THAT good. Same level as 100 Bullets ou Stray Bullets (for the first deluxe at least).
    I just bought the entire Scalped Deluxe Edition set and will read it soon.

There were not a lot of new collected edition releases in the last two months and it also looks light until mid-September. So my orders this week are to fill some gaps and include some X-Books, some books from the Marvel Ultimate Universe to understand the main story beats.

All-New Member

Let me know how you liked Monstress... I tried and just didn't find it was my cup'a'tea.

Cheers!

Astonishing Member

My collected editions haul:

Cbr.photo.1.jpg

cbr.photo.2..jpg

The Haul was:
    The Original Clone Saga.Hardcover.Portuguese edition(Collects Amazing Spider-Man#129,143-150) Cool to have this story arc collected but a minor complain about this edition is not including Giant Size Spider-Man#5.Because that story is related to the story in Amazing Spider-Man.
    The Death of Jean DeWolff.Hardcover Edition.Portuguese edition.Collects Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110 and 134-136.
    Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore.Book One.TPB.
    Immortal Hulk Vol#2 and 3.TPB.

Not a huge order this month, but a few niceties
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

New this week:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Not a huge order this month, but a few niceties
    you are a rebel enigma, a rebel with turtle toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    you are a rebel enigma, a rebel with turtle toys...
    Everybody loves the turtles
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

69796536_10219756946612246_1519764226250375168_n.jpg
    69567663_10219756943492168_8533188685221330944_n.jpg

Some good Vertigo deals last month. And last week I bought the first 4th World TPB, so far enjoying the story! Even with the silly Superman Pal you can sense some kind of epic stuff happening.

Haul for August.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Haul for August.

Nice haul. I like Isabellae, got them in Dutch!

Latest: