Page 342 of 345 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345 LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5172

Thread: Latest orders!

  1. #5116
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    A year ago I posted my first comic haul ever, on here.
    So I get to come back for haul #2.

    My birthday is also in December so, the first image is from then.


    And this was Christmas.


    Thanks for the suggestions over the last 12 months.
    I still have a huge way to go to get all the books I want, but I'm happy with these and the collection so far.

  2. #5117
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Impressive JoeGuy!

  3. #5118
    Amazing Member FreakyFraser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    I actually picked up the Sin City library editions when Big Damn first came out, some people were offloading their LE to 'upgrade'. The library editions are way more readable than that big damn block of paper IMO, hopefully they do a new version of it someday...
    This got me thinking.....I have Big Damn Sin City but more to just have it on my shelf with my Colossal Conans (plus I found it for only $50)....but reading it's a bitch. Found the 1st Library Edition box for $60 today on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty excited. Thanks lol.

  4. #5119
    Fantastic Member Batmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    A year ago I posted my first comic haul ever, on here.
    So I get to come back for haul #2.

    My birthday is also in December so, the first image is from then.


    And this was Christmas.


    Thanks for the suggestions over the last 12 months.
    I still have a huge way to go to get all the books I want, but I'm happy with these and the collection so far.
    Thats sick! I also picked up the New X-Men omni alongside ANAD Avengers vol 1 hc, Kraven's Last Hunt Deluxe edition, Saga vol 2 and Infinity Gauntlet tp! Kept it down thIs Christmas compared to most here I guess haha.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

  5. #5120
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Impressive JoeGuy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Thats sick! I also picked up the New X-Men omni alongside ANAD Avengers vol 1 hc, Kraven's Last Hunt Deluxe edition, Saga vol 2 and Infinity Gauntlet tp! Kept it down thIs Christmas compared to most here I guess haha.
    Thank you.

    And they sound like great pick-ups Batmil.

  6. #5121
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    23

    Default

    And this was Christmas.


    Thanks for the suggestions over the last 12 months.
    I still have a huge way to go to get all the books I want, but I'm happy with these and the collection so far.[/QUOTE]

    Super Impressive! just kind of started my own collection around June or July, with this being the Christmas haul from the family.

    20191225_214747-1.jpg

    The Superman/Batman and the Catwoman volumes are the only volumes i was missing for the first 6 of each run. Been excited to read the World War Hulk and Future Imperfect. Stoked for the Crisis HC. I have the original series signed by Perez, but plan to send them to CGC, and I have been wanting to reread it again.

  7. #5122
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    This got me thinking.....I have Big Damn Sin City but more to just have it on my shelf with my Colossal Conans (plus I found it for only $50)....but reading it's a bitch. Found the 1st Library Edition box for $60 today on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty excited. Thanks lol.
    I just got my BDSC in yesterday and damn it's big alright! I don't mind big omnis but it's actually larger than omnis, dimension-wise, also. It's definitely intimidating but after opening it and reading the first book I love it, glad I didn't wait on it again. Beautiful work and the binding seems solid (for now). Needs its own cart maybe?

  8. #5123
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post

    Super Impressive! just kind of started my own collection around June or July, with this being the Christmas haul from the family.

    20191225_214747-1.jpg

    The Superman/Batman and the Catwoman volumes are the only volumes i was missing for the first 6 of each run. Been excited to read the World War Hulk and Future Imperfect. Stoked for the Crisis HC. I have the original series signed by Perez, but plan to send them to CGC, and I have been wanting to reread it again.
    Looking good csmith25. Always good to have an understanding family

  9. #5124
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    My accumulated haul from the last few months:


  10. #5125
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default



    I recently picked up the Marvel Knights Omnibus, GotG Omnibus and Lois Lane 75 Yrs HC whilst in the UK visiting my brother. They were all bought from amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers for reasonably cheap.

  11. #5126
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I recently picked up the Marvel Knights Omnibus, GotG Omnibus and Lois Lane 75 Yrs HC whilst in the UK visiting my brother. They were all bought from amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers for reasonably cheap.
    They are a really good haul. I specifically want the John Byrne omni eventually. I've never heard of that Newspaper Collection before. Are they in-universe stories?

  12. #5127
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They are a really good haul. I specifically want the John Byrne omni eventually. I've never heard of that Newspaper Collection before. Are they in-universe stories?
    The Newspaper strips are not in continuity stricte. They mirrored what occurred in the regular comics but they went their own way. For example, when Peter was getting married in the comics, he got married in the strips. AFAIK, he's still married in the strips. We used to cut and collect the strips out of the newspapers as kids and some we glued in our scrapbooks.

    The Byrne Spidey is not that well looked upon. Personally, I picked it up as I collect all the Spidey Omnis.

  13. #5128
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Lovely haul JoeGuy. Y: The Last Man as my first (and is among my favourite) comic reads, and Deathnote and Akira are my primary dives into manga and are a treat!
    Enigma's YouTube Channel! | Enigma's Collection!
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  14. #5129
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Newspaper strips are not in continuity stricte. They mirrored what occurred in the regular comics but they went their own way...

    The Byrne Spidey is not that well looked upon. Personally, I picked it up as I collect all the Spidey Omnis.
    Thanks for the reply, I think thats really cool Spider-Man could have a whole other alternate run like that. I don't think I'll get the Byrne book after all though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Lovely haul JoeGuy. Y: The Last Man as my first (and is among my favourite) comic reads, and Deathnote and Akira are my primary dives into manga and are a treat!
    And thank you. I've started both Deathnote & Y: The Last Man and they are really good so far. I got the Akira Box Set as they said it will never be reprinted and its really highly praised. Plus it's the first box set I own that doesn't have like Harry Potter or LotR on the side.

  15. #5130
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    December haul, all but the JB book are Christmas presents
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enigma's YouTube Channel! | Enigma's Collection!
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •