Page 342 of 360 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Impressive JoeGuy!

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    I actually picked up the Sin City library editions when Big Damn first came out, some people were offloading their LE to 'upgrade'. The library editions are way more readable than that big damn block of paper IMO, hopefully they do a new version of it someday...
    This got me thinking.....I have Big Damn Sin City but more to just have it on my shelf with my Colossal Conans (plus I found it for only $50)....but reading it's a bitch. Found the 1st Library Edition box for $60 today on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty excited. Thanks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    A year ago I posted my first comic haul ever, on here.
    So I get to come back for haul #2.

My birthday is also in December so, the first image is from then.

And this was Christmas.

Thanks for the suggestions over the last 12 months.
    I still have a huge way to go to get all the books I want, but I'm happy with these and the collection so far.
    Thats sick! I also picked up the New X-Men omni alongside ANAD Avengers vol 1 hc, Kraven's Last Hunt Deluxe edition, Saga vol 2 and Infinity Gauntlet tp! Kept it down thIs Christmas compared to most here I guess haha.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Impressive JoeGuy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Thats sick! I also picked up the New X-Men omni alongside ANAD Avengers vol 1 hc, Kraven's Last Hunt Deluxe edition, Saga vol 2 and Infinity Gauntlet tp! Kept it down thIs Christmas compared to most here I guess haha.
    Thank you.

And they sound like great pick-ups Batmil.

Spectacular Member

And this was Christmas.

Thanks for the suggestions over the last 12 months.
    I still have a huge way to go to get all the books I want, but I'm happy with these and the collection so far.[/QUOTE]

Super Impressive! just kind of started my own collection around June or July, with this being the Christmas haul from the family.

20191225_214747-1.jpg

The Superman/Batman and the Catwoman volumes are the only volumes i was missing for the first 6 of each run. Been excited to read the World War Hulk and Future Imperfect. Stoked for the Crisis HC. I have the original series signed by Perez, but plan to send them to CGC, and I have been wanting to reread it again.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    This got me thinking.....I have Big Damn Sin City but more to just have it on my shelf with my Colossal Conans (plus I found it for only $50)....but reading it's a bitch. Found the 1st Library Edition box for $60 today on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty excited. Thanks lol.
    I just got my BDSC in yesterday and damn it's big alright! I don't mind big omnis but it's actually larger than omnis, dimension-wise, also. It's definitely intimidating but after opening it and reading the first book I love it, glad I didn't wait on it again. Beautiful work and the binding seems solid (for now). Needs its own cart maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post

Super Impressive! just kind of started my own collection around June or July, with this being the Christmas haul from the family.

20191225_214747-1.jpg

The Superman/Batman and the Catwoman volumes are the only volumes i was missing for the first 6 of each run. Been excited to read the World War Hulk and Future Imperfect. Stoked for the Crisis HC. I have the original series signed by Perez, but plan to send them to CGC, and I have been wanting to reread it again.
    Looking good csmith25. Always good to have an understanding family

My accumulated haul from the last few months:

I recently picked up the Marvel Knights Omnibus, GotG Omnibus and Lois Lane 75 Yrs HC whilst in the UK visiting my brother. They were all bought from amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers for reasonably cheap.

I recently picked up the Marvel Knights Omnibus, GotG Omnibus and Lois Lane 75 Yrs HC whilst in the UK visiting my brother. They were all bought from amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers for reasonably cheap.
    They are a really good haul. I specifically want the John Byrne omni eventually. I've never heard of that Newspaper Collection before. Are they in-universe stories?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They are a really good haul. I specifically want the John Byrne omni eventually. I've never heard of that Newspaper Collection before. Are they in-universe stories?
    The Newspaper strips are not in continuity stricte. They mirrored what occurred in the regular comics but they went their own way. For example, when Peter was getting married in the comics, he got married in the strips. AFAIK, he's still married in the strips. We used to cut and collect the strips out of the newspapers as kids and some we glued in our scrapbooks.

The Byrne Spidey is not that well looked upon. Personally, I picked it up as I collect all the Spidey Omnis.

Lovely haul JoeGuy. Y: The Last Man as my first (and is among my favourite) comic reads, and Deathnote and Akira are my primary dives into manga and are a treat!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

The Newspaper strips are not in continuity stricte. They mirrored what occurred in the regular comics but they went their own way...

The Byrne Spidey is not that well looked upon. Personally, I picked it up as I collect all the Spidey Omnis.
    Thanks for the reply, I think thats really cool Spider-Man could have a whole other alternate run like that. I don't think I'll get the Byrne book after all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Lovely haul JoeGuy. Y: The Last Man as my first (and is among my favourite) comic reads, and Deathnote and Akira are my primary dives into manga and are a treat!
    And thank you. I've started both Deathnote & Y: The Last Man and they are really good so far. I got the Akira Box Set as they said it will never be reprinted and its really highly praised. Plus it's the first box set I own that doesn't have like Harry Potter or LotR on the side.

December haul, all but the JB book are Christmas presents
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

I love the Snyder/Capullo run! The Marvel Knights is cool, and that Spiderman newspaper collection is awesome. I never knew they even collected them in book form like that!
    Great haul