Page 346 of 360 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Default I love Goodwill

So a few weeks ago I found some 12 inch titan figures and a 66 Batmoblie at my local goodwill. Then a few days ago a couple of great Superhero tees. Today I found a great cloth print of the cover of Amazing Spiderman 66 on a nice wooden base. it was only ten bucks. I was thrilled. Goodwill is quickly becoming a nerd haven for me. It is a little worn but for ten bucks I couldnt pass it up.

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My first accumulated haul of the year:

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 03-14-2020 at 11:04 AM.

The Superman Golden Age Vol. 6 Omnibus and the Bone Volume One Color Edition were purchased from amazon.com, each with a $30+ discount. The Justice Deluxe OHC and the MMW Spectacular Spider-Man HC are from amazon.de when they had those ridiculously low prices at around 75% off. The Spider-Man Miles Morales Omnibus was preordered from amazon.co.uk at the low price of around £35 or so. The Daredevil Bendis Vol. 1 Omnibus was the only remaining Daredevil Omnibus that was missing from my collection

That's a cool haul and I remember you mentioning you wanted the Daredevil reprints.

Can I ask about the Masterworks? The quality is supposed to be very nice, but it doesn't look oversized. Do people sell on and upgrade to omni's later on or is Masterworks the preference?

Start as you mean to go on I guess. I love that Daredevil cover!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a cool haul and I remember you mentioning you wanted the Daredevil reprints.

Can I ask about the Masterworks? The quality is supposed to be very nice, but it doesn't look oversized. Do people sell on and upgrade to omni's later on or is Masterworks the preference?
    Thanks Joe.

The Masterworks are regular sized. It would be great if they were oversized but they are of very good quality. If anything finds its way to being Masterworked, then you can be almost positive that it's been remastered and has been treated with TLC. Some people do sell on but the majority of MMW collectors keep them. The Masterworks Forum (link) consists mainly of people who collect the MMWs and some collect every single title. Personally I collect all Daredevil, Marvel Team- Up, Spectacular Spider-Man and I have Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1, 11-13, 15-20. Vol. 21 will probably be my last one as I have the Spider-Man Roger Stern Omnibus. I also have Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1-4, that's why I don't have the earlier MMW volumes. I'll also probably want to sell off Vol. 11-13. I'm predominantly an Omnibus/OHC collector but I will purchase smaller editions for certain characters if there is no OHC alternative such as Daredevil, Spider-Man and some Captain America.

A decent little month

IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpgIMG_2195.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

La Brigade Chimerique arrived today from Amazon France......a full month after it went missing somewhere in Great Britain. Amazon had recently given me a refund on the book because it is no longer in stock to be replaced. The 1 caveat is the book is slightly damaged.......if had fallen out of the shipper at some point and Canada Post bagged it with a note apologizing for the damage.......but I'll happily take a lightly damaged copy of the book for free.

Now to brush up on my French skills lol

This is what I got for the first 3 months of the year. Uncanny X-Force Omnibus is missing from the picture.

91006683_537502213813866_1731764443341127680_n.jpg

91153596_145042376893084_3961128434498797568_n.jpg

90919542_2571193033128032_3661354496220463104_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    A decent little month
    A cool haul, and mostly comics too

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones View Post
    This is what I got for the first 3 months of the year. Uncanny X-Force Omnibus is missing from the picture.
    That's a very cool haul as well.
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 04-07-2020 at 04:32 AM.

That's a never cool haul as well.
    I normally have one single issue just to keep The Overlord off my back

That's a very cool haul as well.
    Well thanks. Very happy with it. Definitely my biggest 3-month haul. Lots of great stuff too

Alex

I was surprisingly underwhelmed by Pride of Baghdad to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My first accumulated haul of the year:

Bone is the best long form storytelling i have come across in any medium, an absolute gem of a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Bone is the best long form storytelling i have come across in any medium, an absolute gem of a book.
    Yes, I'm enjoying it. I'm just over 1000 pages along.