Page 354 of 360 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great haul Joe. So, which one first?
    hmm, it has to be Star Trek or Berserk. I haven't got any new TNG in long time, but I usually read Berserk immediately once I have the time.
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 12-30-2020 at 01:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My meagre end of 2020 year end haul. Probably the first year in which I purchased more DC Omnibuses than Marvel Omnibuses.

I couldn't resist picking up the Super Sons Expanded Edition Omnibus as it was going for £43 on Booksetc. even though I had the original Omnibus. Fortunately, I managed to sell the original at no loss.

I couldn't resist picking up the Super Sons Expanded Edition Omnibus as it was going for £43 on Booksetc. even though I had the original Omnibus. Fortunately, I managed to sell the original at no loss.
    I literally almost did the same thing but the shipping was too much, I'm jealous about that. Also nice haul btw.

Spectacular Member

I got JLA, Super Sons and Batman RTNML as well. Also, like you sold my old super sons omni and bought the expanded edition.

Incredible Member

I was really close to getting that No Man's Land Omni. But since I have it all in digital and don't see myself reading it again in the near future I decided to spend the money on stuff I haven't read instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I literally almost did the same thing but the shipping was too much, I'm jealous about that. Also nice haul btw.
    Where do you live? I'm in Poland. I coupled the Super Sons Exp. Omnibus (£43) with the JLA Morrison Omnibus (£60.78) and shipping came to £10.30 for both.

Where do you live? I'm in Poland. I coupled the Super Sons Exp. Omnibus (£43) with the JLA Morrison Omnibus (£60.78) and shipping came to £10.30 for both.
    In Ireland, but when I checked they were doing limited shipping or something because it was ~£15 for one omni. Plus I'd have to ship the old book for another £15. It just added up too much for me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    @fichot, I just got Black Hammer #1 myself, I feel like #2 immediately sold out though, which is good for the series, if not for me atm.
    I see it's available on amazon, I got it cheaper on eBay somewhere. Amazing xmas/bday haul btw. Cheers!

Astonishing Member

My Haul of Collected Editions of comic books since my last haul in this thread.
    The Tintin books are the Portuguese editions,i have just to get a couple more to have all the twenty four books of the Tintin collection.
    The Hardcover of Hulk,is a Portuguese edition of Future Imperfect.
    And a shame that Incredible Hulk by Peter David Volume Two is already (!) all sold out,because i wanted to have the second volume as well.
    I am collecting Swamp Thing by Alan Moore as well,read the stories waay back so that´s another collection i am making.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-19-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Incredible Member

IMAG1714.jpg

These are books I purchased in january. Green Lantern is the only one I've read so far, Spider-Man is next in line.
    Sorry for the glare, most of them are unpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    IMAG1714.jpg

These are books I purchased in january. Green Lantern is the only one I've read so far, Spider-Man is next in line.
    Good stuff! I see you've started to stock up on the Diggle/Shadowland Daredevil era in standard HC/TPB. I initially did this several years ago but couldn't resist the Shadowland Omnibus. I still need to offload these smaller trades including all the Shadowland crossovers/tie-ins.

IMAG1714.jpg

Where did you find Shadowland Daredevil? It's not the mini-series, but the stuff from the actual Daredevil book - right?

Incredible Member

Good stuff! I see you've started to stock up on the Diggle/Shadowland Daredevil era in standard HC/TPB. I initially did this several years ago but couldn't resist the Shadowland Omnibus. I still need to offload these smaller trades including all the Shadowland crossovers/tie-ins.
    Yep! I was actually planning on getting the Omnibus at first because cheap-comics had a great price on that but I ended up waiting for too long and now it was gone. So I got these 3 books instead (I already have the standard HC of the main event). The only thing I am missing are the tie-in issues. When I get around to it I might just go digital for those instead.
    Would you say that the tie-ins add anything to the event, are they even any good to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Where did you find Shadowland Daredevil? It's not the mini-series, but the stuff from the actual Daredevil book - right?
    Correct. Cheap-comics.com I paid 20euros for it but I see now that they have it for twice that amount. They also have the TP for 5 euros less.
    Last edited by gohei_; 02-04-2021 at 02:07 AM.

Yep! I was actually planning on getting the Omnibus at first because cheap-comics had a great price on that but I ended up waiting for too long and now it was gone. So I got these 3 books instead (I already have the standard HC of the main event). The only thing I am missing are the tie-in issues. When I get around to it I might just go digital for those instead.
    Would you say that the tie-ins add anything to the event, are they even any good to begin with?
    They are a mixed bag, some pretty good, others to a lesser degree. I remember writing about them at one point but can't remember the exact specifics as it was sometime ago and I would have to check through them again. I do remember that some of the one shots are pretty key such as Bullseye and Ghost Rider as well as the Daughters of the Dragon 3 issues (these are all in the Street Heroes trade). Also IIRC The Blood on the Streets was very good. Being a Daredevil completist, I bought all the trades and read through everything as best as I could chronologically. All the crossovers are somehow linked to the main event. The Thunderbolts trade has four issues, but only the first two are Shadowland tie-ins. The Moon Knight trade has three issues and also an older Moon Knight issue where MK teams up with Daredevil not relevant to the event. If any of you are interested in any of the SH trades, shoot me a PM (I'm in the EU )