Page 4 of 360 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    I got here just fine :-)
    Attachment 11969
    Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for Ultimate X-Men Vol 4 and where did you buy it from?

I struggle to find it anywhere where it's not overpriced.

I never noticed how pretty the Marvel Epic Collections are

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for Ultimate X-Men Vol 4 and where did you buy it from?

I struggle to find it anywhere where it's not overpriced.

I never noticed how pretty the Marvel Epic Collections are
    It's vol. 1 and only €15 at cheap-comics and still in stock. (my favorite comic web-shop).
    They have vol. 4 for €21 if that is the one you are looking for?

The Marvel EPICs are my favorite Marvel collections.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I got the 2004 version of Johns All Stars. I was planning on starting at the Next Age, after that get the 3 hc's of Thy Kingdom Come and then Black Adam and Isis. But Black Adam and Isis and All Stars were very cheap so I picked them up before they went back to normal price haha. If I get the Thy Kingdom Come (vol 2, 3 & 4) I should be okay with the Next Age series right? Where does All Stars fit in here, cause i'm not exactly sure at this moment, because it's a mini right? thanks!
    All Stars fits in chronologically right after the sixth trade, Stealing Thunder. (The recent omnibus places it right after the third trade, Return of Hawkman, but that's wrong... it has Rick "Hourman" Tyler as a member of the team, and he doesn't join until right after Stealing Thunder.) Mind you, there were two volumes -- the first was called "JSA," the second was retitled to "Justice Society of America." The New Age, Thy Kingdom Come, and Black Adam & Isis are all from the second volume. The All Stars mini is from the first.

You've actually picked a great time to start reading, because thanks to the JSA omnibuses being released, a lot of JSA fans like myself are going to be dumping our old softcovers on eBay to upgrade to the omnibuses. Look for some great deals in the months to come, as the second omnibus hits soon and the third sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    All Stars fits in chronologically right after the sixth trade, Stealing Thunder. (The recent omnibus places it right after the third trade, Return of Hawkman, but that's wrong... it has Rick "Hourman" Tyler as a member of the team, and he doesn't join until right after Stealing Thunder.) Mind you, there were two volumes -- the first was called "JSA," the second was retitled to "Justice Society of America." The New Age, Thy Kingdom Come, and Black Adam & Isis are all from the second volume. The All Stars mini is from the first.

You've actually picked a great time to start reading, because thanks to the JSA omnibuses being released, a lot of JSA fans like myself are going to be dumping our old softcovers on eBay to upgrade to the omnibuses. Look for some great deals in the months to come, as the second omnibus hits soon and the third sometime next year.
    Thanks so much for the info, makes a lot more sense now! What is your opinion on the omnibus? Heard some complaints about the binding etc. They are fairly cheap though (as far as you can call an omnibus cheap..)
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Thanks so much for the info, makes a lot more sense now! What is your opinion on the omnibus? Heard some complaints about the binding etc. They are fairly cheap though (as far as you can call an omnibus cheap..)
    It's a Dc binding, so not as good as Marvel's or Dark horse's. But the omni itself isn't bad at all, though the binding isn't perfect.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's a Dc binding, so not as good as Marvel's or Dark horse's. But the omni itself isn't bad at all, though the binding isn't perfect.
    Meh with all the mixed comments I am heavily unsure to pick up a DC omni in the near future.. they cost a lot and you don't seem to get a lot
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member

Ordered Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel (Especially as I know Amazon will cash in from the film announcement and hike it the hell out) and She-Hulk.

Meh with all the mixed comments I am heavily unsure to pick up a DC omni in the near future.. they cost a lot and you don't seem to get a lot
    Well, apart from the binding and the often used black cardboard covers, the Dc omnibi are pretty nice. The paper is definitely thicker than current Marvel omnibi. There are Dc omni's with good bindings though, but there are only 3 of those that are Marvel quality (Sleeper, Sandman vol 1 and Golden Age Superman). The binding tales some getting used to but the omni's are definitely worth it most of the time. Actually, now that I think of it, my favorite omni's story-wise are dominated by Dc omni's (Planetary, Animal man, Sleeper, Sandman).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Well I am trying Mid Town comics for first time . I just order Savage Sword of Conan 2 4 5 7 10 12 13 14 19 to complete my set . Also order Master of Kung Fu issues 18 22 56 60 and 66 to also complete series spent 95.44 after discounts . Hope fully will see them in a week or so . I am 7 comics away from completing all my series ,% of which are Marc Spector Moon Knight and 1 Jonah hex reader digest size and a local comic called A Monks Tale issue 6 .
    Well its been two weeks since order was shipped from mid town still have not received , hopefully soon . As for ordering anything else I have sold 2/3 of my collection and have decided to get out of collecting .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Well its been two weeks since order was shipped from mid town still have not received , hopefully soon . As for ordering anything else I have sold 2/3 of my collection and have decided to get out of collecting .
    Wow, that's a plottwist! Howcome?

Fantastic Member

Wow, that's a plottwist! Howcome?
    I needed to raise some funds , and lately I been discourage with the way the industry is going . Like all the local stores are ditching dollar bins and decided 3 dollars is better . Ever time a movie comes out or may be coming out speculation drives prices up . No one is happy with making a dollar they want to rake you over the coals .They are all saying they charge what the market will bear . So i have had enough . I decided to keep my favorite two set Iron man ever issue from 1968 to now , singles and minis sets and volumes . Conan the Barbarian same thing as well as Savage sword , saga and conan the savage magazines . I needed 9 issues of Savage sword and pick up all them through mid town for cheaper than what 2 or 3 copies would cost me here . I found a fellow collector who's been bugging me for a year or so and sold him 3562 of my books for a great price way more than any dealer or store would pay . So both parties are happy with outcome . And I just may let rest go shortly if we can get on a price .

All-New Member

Latest haul from IST:

Batman: Haunted Knight
    Batman: Arkham Asylum 25th Anniversary Edition
    X-men: Magneto Testament
    Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 1
    Original Sin

Quote Originally Posted by lrjones0705 View Post
    Latest haul from IST:

Original Sin
    This makes me happy. A severely underrated book

Quote Originally Posted by lrjones0705 View Post
    Latest haul from IST:

Original Sin
    Very nice! Are you getting that new deluxe arkham asylum?

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Just ordered New Teen Titans Vol 1 and Green Lantern: Agent Orange. NTT is a Christmas present for a youngster who loves the Titans and Deathstroke, the GL book is for myself as I inch my way to collecting the entire Geoff Johns era.