Page 6 of 360 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Received my latest orders yesterday afternoon.

... and then discovered Black Friday and ordered these:

ASTONISHING X-MEN WHEDON CASSADAY ULT COLL TP BOOK 01
    ASTONISHING X-MEN WHEDON CASSADAY ULT COLL TP BOOK 02
    THUNDERBOLTS BY ELLIS AND DEODATO ULT COLL
    SPIDER-MAN MARVEL TEAM UP BY CLAREMONT AND BYRNE
    SQUADRON SUPREME BY MARK GRUENWALD OMNIBUS

Amazing Member

Got a few different books in the past few from either Ebay or online retailers:
    Golden Age Flash Archives vol. 2
    Sandman Archives vol. 1
    Sandman Mystery Theatre vol. 1
    Showcase Presents Hawkman vol. 2
    Showcase Presents The Atom vol. 2
    Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
    Green Arrow: Hunter's Moon (first tpb of the ongoing series Grell did)

I'm more of a Marvel person generally, but as you can see, I'm on DC kick. I think it's because I've been watching a lot of the two DC series on the CW. Also, it's probably because I have so many Marvel Essentials stockpiled that I already have a lot of the Marvels I plan to read.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Got a few different books in the past few from either Ebay or online retailers:
    Golden Age Flash Archives vol. 2
    Sandman Archives vol. 1
    Sandman Mystery Theatre vol. 1
    Showcase Presents Hawkman vol. 2
    Showcase Presents The Atom vol. 2
    Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
    Green Arrow: Hunter's Moon (first tpb of the ongoing series Grell did)

I'm more of a Marvel person generally, but as you can see, I'm on DC kick. I think it's because I've been watching a lot of the two DC series on the CW. Also, it's probably because I have so many Marvel Essentials stockpiled that I already have a lot of the Marvels I plan to read.
    Green Arrow by Grell!! Longbow Hunters is one of my all time faves and I also love the rest of the run.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I just took a risk on Longbow Hunters TPB. Really like the Arrow tv show and thought I should read something that helped inspire it. What I've seen around here that'll be the one that will get me to buy more. Not a fan of archers usually and definitely don't like trick arrow crap but I'm optimistic about this one.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I just took a risk on Longbow Hunters TPB. Really like the Arrow tv show and thought I should read something that helped inspire it. What I've seen around here that'll be the one that will get me to buy more. Not a fan of archers usually and definitely don't like trick arrow crap but I'm optimistic about this one.
    Then you are in luck! Grell hated the trick arrows and almost completely removed them from his stories. Definitely tell me how you like it.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Love that Silver Age Doom Patrol goodness.

Does anyone have experience ordering from mycomicshop.com close to Christmas? I am thinking about placing an order with them but I live out of country and it is kind of close to Christmas. So I do not know if this is a good idea.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Love that Silver Age Doom Patrol goodness.
    Great. I have only read vol. 1 as I haven't found vol. 2 for a cheap price yet. So now I have vol. 1, 3, 4 & 5 :-)

I was a local con this weekend, and was able to pick up a bunch, including:

*12 issues of X-Treme X-Men (Pak run, which ended at X-Termination, which I already owned)
    *Issues 50 and 52-55 of Astonishing X-Men (I have 51 and 60+; trying to back-fill Liu's run)
    *X-Men and Alpha Flight 1-2
    *Magneto 1-4 (the 1996 run, after Onslaught)
    *Magneto Rex 1-3
    *Magneto Testament 1-5

I could've gotten more Astonishing X-Men, but the ones I got were $2-3 each, and the vendor at the other booth wouldn't budge from $5 each.

Waiting on Daredevil End of Days, Longbow Hunters, Moon Knight Epic and the first Brubaker Daredevil Ultimate Collection. I've read End of Days already and just want a hardcover of the Janson art, the story is a great way to end the 'Bendis reality' DD too. I was underwhelmed by Brubaker's Daredevil the first time I read it but I think a lot of that is how much I loved Bendis and Maleev's run. Daredevil has become a favourite character of mine and I've fallen in love with Brubaker's other work to the point that he's a favourite creator so it's time to go back.

All-New Member

Latest haul from IST courtesy of their Black Friday Sale:

Detective Comics Vol 5: Gothopia
    Batman Eternal Vol. 1
    Justice League Vol. 2, 4 and 5
    Justice League: Trinity War
    IDW's TMNT Ongoing Series Vol 4 - 7

Ebay:
    Fantastic Four Onimbus by John Byrne Vol. 1

Amazing Member

Today I received the Firestorm The Nuclear Man TPB. It reprints his first, short-lived series, as well as the earliest Firestorm back-ups in Flash and the Firestorm story from the famed Cancelled Comics Cavalcade.

I'm waiting for Showcase Presents Green Lantern vol. 5 to arrive in the mail. I already have the O'Neil/Adams run in color TPBs, but I figured the Showcase was worth buying because it also has the Green Lantern back-ups from The Flash (after GL own titled was canceled). It would cost a bit to get the original issues of Flash.

This is sort of an off-topic question, but I thought I'd ask it here since I've seen a lot of replies from people about it. Is cheapgraphicnovels.com really a legit site? I'm sitting here with my mouth practically watering at all the amazing deals they have but I don't understand how they can offer things so cheap. Everything I've looked up says they're legit and I know people here swear by them, but I'm still a little skeptical. Can anyone help me out here?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

From kijiji:

Absolute Promethea vol. 1
    Absolute dark knight
    Absolute death
    Flash omnibus vol. 1
    Hawkman omnibus

I got absolute Promethea for $45 CAD, the omnibuses were $25 each.

Those are my Black Friday deals

Waiting on the Hellboy Weird Tales HC from IST. Looking forward to getting it, but disappointed it isn't really oversized at all. Also waiting on the Halo Oversized Collection from some Amazon seller.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos