Page 66 of 360 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    sell me on Humanoids
    It's all translated European stuff so their stuff usually has a epic feel to it with large scope adventure and some of the best art available (Gimenez for example is one of my most favorite artists ever and it's hard to beat legends like Moebius). And though most of their hc's are regular sized, they're very, very well built. If you want to try something I'd suggest starting with the Metabarons or the Incal. Or if you don't like that type of sci-fi try one of their fantasy titles.

Edit: oh and since Humanoids can pick a LOT of titles to translate almost anything from Humanoids is already highly acclaimed stuff in Europe. So you usually know that what you're buying is high quality stuff.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 08-02-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

sell me on Humanoids
    adding to what victorxd1999 just wrote I had to realise that while a lot of their books are good, their name is not necessarily a guarantee for a good read.
    Couldn't get into Child of the storm at all and while I appreciated Son of the gun I don't know if I would ever recommend to anybody because it is so overwhelming.
    On the other hand Metabarons is so awesome I recommend it to basically anybody who would listen to my nonsense.

The other series I love is District 14 (season 1-2 and the Fantastic Voyage of Lady Rosenbilt). It's a period piece ('40s maybe?) with tons of anthropomorphic characters and aliens, gangsters and stuff. The whole world is just really interesting to me.

Also Busiek's Redhand (slipcase hc, absolute sized, but wider like everything from Humanoids, regardless of the height, all of their books are wider than their american counterparts).

There is Millennium and Crusades, both take place in the middle ages and involves adventure stuff with some level of sci-fi/supernatural. Really enjoyed both.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    adding to what victorxd1999 just wrote I had to realise that while a lot of their books are good, their name is not necessarily a guarantee for a good read.
    Couldn't get into Child of the storm at all and while I appreciated Son of the gun I don't know if I would ever recommend to anybody because it is so overwhelming.
    On the other hand Metabarons is so awesome I recommend it to basically anybody who would listen to my nonsense.

The other series I love is District 14 (season 1-2 and the Fantastic Voyage of Lady Rosenbilt). It's a period piece ('40s maybe?) with tons of anthropomorphic characters and aliens, gangsters and stuff. The whole world is just really interesting to me.

Also Busiek's Redhand (slipcase hc, absolute sized, but wider like everything from Humanoids, regardless of the height, all of their books are wider than their american counterparts).

There is Millennium and Crusades, both take place in the middle ages and involves adventure stuff with some level of sci-fi/supernatural. Really enjoyed both.
    As others have said, Humanoids print high quality books, both physically and (usually) story-wise. There are some duds in their catalog, just like any other publisher, but in general, they have very high quality books.

My favorites so far:
    Miss: Better Living Through Crime (gangster antics with a side of romance)
    Redhand (Fantasy with great art)
    The Incal (Great sci-fi with incredible art by Moebius)
    Pandemonium (creepy horror with strong characters)
    Eros Gone Wild (Erotic short story anthology by Europe's best)

And that is just a sampling of what they offer.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Just got into comics in the last month and a half.

In July I got
    Batman n52 vol 1-6 hardcover
    Justice league n52 1-2 hardcover
    batman the black mirror hardcover
    batman hush tpb
    injustice year one 1 and 2 hardcover
    Injustice year 2 1 and 2 hardcover
    Identity crisis ohc
    Superman unchained ohc
    Civil war tpb
    Geoff Johns green lantern vol 1 omnibus
    Bendis new avengers omnibus
    hickmans ff omnibus 1 and 2(luckily I got one of the last 7 available on amazon for vol 1)

Should be enough to keep me busy for a bit.

Definitely gonna try to pick up this month green lantern omnibus vol 2 and some more

Very happy with what ive gotten so far. Id like to get into cc's x men omnibus's but a lot out oop
    Last edited by mtop2036; 08-02-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Mighty Member

How's the interior art on District 14? The premise is intriguing, but looking up the book on IST the cover art was a turn off for me. I know a lot of times the cover artist can be different.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    How's the interior art on District 14? The premise is intriguing, but looking up the book on IST the cover art was a turn off for me. I know a lot of times the cover artist can be different.
    Humanoids has some really short excerpts on their site. The interior artist is the same as the cover artist in this case. http://www.humanoids.com/album/294#.Vb7dE_k7sUo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    Humanoids has some really short excerpts on their site. The interior artist is the same as the cover artist in this case. http://www.humanoids.com/album/294#.Vb7dE_k7sUo
    Oh, nice! Thanks for the link.

Just finished browsing there site. Some of the books have full excerpts! These few in particular were intriguing: Sanctum, El Nino, and Cape Horn. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-03-2015 at 12:33 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Just finished browsing there site. Some of the books have full excerpts! These few in particular were intriguing: Sanctum, El Nino, and Cape Horn. Any thoughts?
    From what I've heard El Nino is supposed to be one of Humanoids best books.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just got into comics in the last month and a half.

In July I got
    Batman n52 vol 1-6 hardcover
    Justice league n52 1-2 hardcover
    batman the black mirror hardcover
    batman hush tpb
    injustice year one 1 and 2 hardcover
    Injustice year 2 1 and 2 hardcover
    Identity crisis ohc
    Superman unchained ohc
    Civil war tpb
    Geoff Johns green lantern vol 1 omnibus
    Bendis new avengers omnibus
    hickmans ff omnibus 1 and 2(luckily I got one of the last 7 available on amazon for vol 1)

Should be enough to keep me busy for a bit.

Definitely gonna try to pick up this month green lantern omnibus vol 2 and some more

Very happy with what ive gotten so far. Id like to get into cc's x men omnibus's but a lot out oop
    a nice start to your collection, some good stuff there

The interior art looks the same as the cover so maybe it's not your thing. I love this "simple" cartoony style, it works for the story.
    For more samples just google "district 14 gabus" and you gonna get a lot of pages to decide.

I've read El nino and it's a very good book. It's not my favorite but it was a good read. The story is very grounded, no supernatural element at all, just cruizin' around the world and looking for stuff. The art style is not my favorite, it is good I'm just not a fan of this particular look, but that's subjective. I would say give it a go if the story sounds interesting, the price-page count ratio is quite good.

also, here is my latest (July +5 days haul). This month's motto was "stop experimenting, it is about goddamn time to get these books" or "can't believe I can't get a delivery without any damages".
    Last month I got tons of books

Blanket's is fantastic and really enjoyed the book, you can really empathise with him. But don't read his Carnet de Voyage as he just comes across as a whiney American.

also, here is my latest (July +5 days haul). This month's motto was "stop experimenting, it is about goddamn time to get these books" or "can't believe I can't get a delivery without any damages".
    a nice tower of books you have there

You got some serious reading ahead of you, my friend.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

a nice tower of books you have there
    it always scares me when I build my monthly little towers, how much books I bought

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    You got some serious reading ahead of you, my friend.
    my backlog starts to get out of hand. Although already read some of these (Kabuki, 3/4 of Sip, EoW, some Tintin, Crusades, Corto, and I've read Scott Pilgrim twice in the last 5 years so I won't hurry with that but it all depends on my mood. Now at least I have some books for every possible mood I can have).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Blanket's is fantastic and really enjoyed the book, you can really empathise with him. But don't read his Carnet de Voyage as he just comes across as a whiney American.
    really liked Habibi so very much looking forward to Blankets. Never even heard about Carnet de Voyage.