Page 68 of 360 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i'm not entirely sure, i seem to be buying any omni that comes along lately, i'm actually pretty sure i won't like the onslaught book as i pretty much hated any marvel stuff i tried before 2000 as i was a Vertigo followed by some DC proper only reader back in the 90's.

I remember having the first Ultimates OHC when it came out and i quite liked it, and when i read the Zomnibus the only stories i liked in it were the Ultimate FF so i thought i would give it a go, maybe this is the way to go because haven't they stopped doing any Ultimate omnis?
    probably they won't do a vol 2-3-4.... from this compilation omni either.
    Ultimates and USM is really good IMHO but the other two are forgettable (although not horrible).

Fantastic Member

Just put in my CBR order:

1. Wonder Woman Omnibus
    2. Onslaught Omnibus
    3. Iron Man by Busiek Omnibus

eBay:
    1. Spider-Man by Michelinie and McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    My latest order:

Wonder Woman Omnibus by George Perez (been waiting for this long before it was even announced)

Green Lantern Omnibus vol. 2 by Geoff Johns

Iron Fist epic collection
    Just started the Iron Fist Epic myself. It is amazing and I'm not even to the Claremont/Byrne stuff yet!

Finally ordered Lone Wolf And Cub omnibus after Googling some art again. Is it classed as manga? I always thought it was that specific 'Dragonball' style art or is it just Japanese comics? Either way I'm a big samurai fan and while excited the prospect of that many omnibuses is a bit daunting if I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Just started the Iron Fist Epic myself. It is amazing and I'm not even to the Claremont/Byrne stuff yet!

Finally ordered Lone Wolf And Cub omnibus after Googling some art again. Is it classed as manga? I always thought it was that specific 'Dragonball' style art or is it just Japanese comics? Either way I'm a big samurai fan and while excited the prospect of that many omnibuses is a bit daunting if I like it.
    yupp it is. Manga is japanese comics, not just the bug eyed versions or Dragon Ball. While there are some similarities in style, declaring all manga the same is just as wrong as saying that every western comicbook is about superheroes in spandex (not saying that you declared that of course).
    Same with anime (and even among the more typical looking animes there are real gems that can be appreciated by a not manga audience as well, like Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop)
    edit: I just realized we have no manga thread here. Maybe it's time for one, similar to the Discover collected Euro comics thread, suggesting good manga books for people who are interested in them but not very well versed.

another edit: have you googled the book itself? It's very chunky but much shorter than a regular tpb (as most mangas are). I found the manga omnibuses quite uncomfortable to read (well, my friend has them, I just tried to open it once).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yupp it is. Manga is japanese comics, not just the bug eyed versions or Dragon Ball. While there are some similarities in style, declaring all manga the same is just as wrong as saying that every western comicbook is about superheroes in spandex (not saying that you declared that of course).
    Same with anime (and even among the more typical looking animes there are real gems that can be appreciated by a not manga audience as well, like Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop)
    I think the only mainstream manga/anime I thoroughly enjoyed was Death Note (well, I loved it until that one event in vol 7. The quality really dropped after that.). Never read/watched a lot though so any must-read recommendations are welcome.

Edit: I kinda forgot to mention that I actually was a pretty big DBZ fan (watched all the episodes within a year) though I'm pretty bored most of the times when I re-watch some episodes.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I think the only mainstream manga/anime I thoroughly enjoyed was Death Note (well, I loved it until that one event in vol 7. The quality really dropped after that.). Never read/watched a lot though so any must-read recommendations are welcome.

Edit: I kinda forgot to mention that I actually was a pretty big DBZ fan (watched all the episodes within a year) though I'm pretty bored most of the times when I re-watch some episodes.
    I haven't watched many animes but my two favorites are the two I mentioned above.
    Cowboy Bebop is only one season, Code Geas is two and both are FENOMENAL! Well worth a watch by anybody.

The only manga I have is the first volume of Mobile suit Gundam origins v1. Gonna continue it someday because I liked vol 1 very much (Giant robots FTW!)

Would you mind showing the spine of that onslaught omnibus, please?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

WW Perez Omni
    Onslaught Omni
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Onslaught omni, Ms. Marvel OHC, Hellboy and the BPRD tpb, and Quantum and Woody must die tpb. Also Captain Marvel vol 3 tpb for the wifey.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I haven't watched many animes but my two favorites are the two I mentioned above.
    Cowboy Bebop is only one season, Code Geas is two and both are FENOMENAL! Well worth a watch by anybody.

The only manga I have is the first volume of Mobile suit Gundam origins v1. Gonna continue it someday because I liked vol 1 very much (Giant robots FTW!)
    Heard good things about Cowboy Bebop, may give it a shot soon. What's it about?

If you like mind-games and psychological thrillers then definitely try Death-Note someday. I enjoyed it immensely.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Perez WW
    Johns Superman HC vol.6
    Ms.Marvel HC
    Legends of the DK Norm Breyfogle.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

edit: I just realized we have no manga thread here. Maybe it's time for one, similar to the Discover collected Euro comics thread, suggesting good manga books for people who are interested in them but not very well versed.

another edit: have you googled the book itself? It's very chunky but much shorter than a regular tpb (as most mangas are). I found the manga omnibuses quite uncomfortable to read (well, my friend has them, I just tried to open it once).
    Thanks for answering, it seems like the word manga is often used as a genre but I suspected it just meant comics. Yeah I saw it's about the size of a novel paperback. I'm cool with it for the price/page count ratio. Like a smaller and therefore cheaper version of the Usagi Saga collections. Venturing outside of superhero books is costing me a fortune...

Yes Manga just means Comics. Manga has the usually genre divisions you would expect along with demographic divisions (like Shonen which is aimed at young boys).

I am totally willing to help keep a collected Manga recommendation thread alive. I buy way more Manga then American comics anyway.

And to be on topic my latest order was the Wonder Woman by Perez Omnibus and the Ms. Marvel OHC vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Heard good things about Cowboy Bebop, may give it a shot soon. What's it about?

If you like mind-games and psychological thrillers then definitely try Death-Note someday. I enjoyed it immensely.
    Cowboy Bebop is also my favorite anime and I've seen hundreds. It's about a ragtag team of bounty hunters in space in the year 2077-ish (if I recall) trying to make a living catching bad guys across the galaxy. It is a sci-fi action adventure with bits of western in the same vein as Firefly with elements of action, adventure, romance and comedy. The musical score by Yoko Kano is also a masterpiece. There are 26 episodes and a movie, with the main story arc being 6 episodes. Anime is known for not having good finales and continuing their stories in the mangas, but Cowboy Bebop definitely has a great finale. Check it out if you can!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

All-New Member

gunnerkrigg court v5 hc, annihilator v1 hc, unbeatable squirrel girl v1 tpb, ms marvel v1 hc, goth (manga), onslaught omni.

thinking about making another order with Ultimate Marvel omni v1 but I'm hesitating because I don't know how likely Marvel is to continue the series....