Page 77 of 360 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Just ordered the first Green Lantern by Johns omnibus. I used to love Green Lantern when I was younger and I've always loved fighter jets. Seems like I should of bought it a while ago considering it's a pretty universally celebrated run as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Just ordered the first Green Lantern by Johns omnibus. I used to love Green Lantern when I was younger and I've always loved fighter jets. Seems like I should of bought it a while ago considering it's a pretty universally celebrated run as well.
    I just can't pull the trigger. Used to love huge omnis but nowadays I just can't be bothered reading them. If I can't balance it on my lap without killing and or castrating myself then I probably won't buy it.
    But I really liked the run when it came out, especially the big events, probably gonna just buy the absolutes since they cover the most important parts.

But I have to mention this again, IMHO JSA is superior to GL. Lotsa fun, multi colored, old fashioned superheroes, earth shattering events. Good stuff, good stuff (well, if you like superheroes).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I just can't pull the trigger. Used to love huge omnis but nowadays I just can't be bothered reading them. If I can't balance it on my lap without killing and or castrating myself then I probably won't buy it.
    But I really liked the run when it came out, especially the big events, probably gonna just buy the absolutes since they cover the most important parts.

that's pretty much what i decided to do, 1000+ pages are just too big, and they end up falling apart pretty quickly

and just had shipping notice for Fables 11, considering getting ahead of the curve and selling these and waiting for the 7 absolutes which will make an appearance

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

But I have to mention this again, IMHO JSA is superior to GL. Lotsa fun, multi colored, old fashioned superheroes, earth shattering events. Good stuff, good stuff (well, if you like superheroes).
    Just read the first tpb of Johns's Lantern (as well as Rebirth) and I must say that I'm not a fan. I did LOVE JSA though and liked Blackest Night when I read it 2 years ago. I don't know, that Lantern stuff just felt a bit shallow.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Just read the first tpb of Johns's Lantern (as well as Rebirth) and I must say that I'm not a fan. I did LOVE JSA though and liked Blackest Night when I read it 2 years ago. I don't know, that Lantern stuff just felt a bit shallow.
    In my opinion the story really takes off about where you left it . I suggest you try reading a little further (up to and incl sinestro corps war). Or not, and read stuff you know you'll enjoy!

I love omnibuses over a 1000 pages lol. I'm also really careful with my books, I watched some videos on youtube and the way people handle their books and then comment on the build quality is no suprise I've never had close to a problem if they survive what others put them through so I'm good there.

I might get the JSA omnibus if I can find a good price, I'm delving a little further into DC and have liked everything else I've read so far. To be fair though that only includes Green Arrow and Identity Crisis so far.

WHich JSA vol is that? When Johns first got on the title or the one that came later called the New Age and later Black Adam and Isis?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    WHich JSA vol is that? When Johns first got on the title or the one that came later called the New Age and later Black Adam and Isis?
    all of it but the first two volumes of the omnis are more old fashioned (the JSA stuff, the Justice society title involved more new or legacy characters alongside the old ones). Although Johns constantly does his usual with the villains and the threats, making them more lethal than before. That was especially apparent in his first Justice society story, New Age where a bunch of nazi supervillains made a sadistic bloodbath of a family picnic.
    So don't expect silver age stories but with modern artwork but compared to other books I would call this the old fashioned, superhero one.

all of it but the first two volumes of the omnis are more old fashioned (the JSA stuff, the Justice society title involved more new or legacy characters alongside the old ones). Although Johns constantly does his usual with the villains and the threats, making them more lethal than before. That was especially apparent in his first Justice society story, New Age where a bunch of nazi supervillains made a sadistic bloodbath of a family picnic.
    So don't expect silver age stories but with modern artwork but compared to other books I would call this the old fashioned, superhero one.
    I ask because I am trying to get Geoff's best and I managed to read JSA New age to Black Adam and enjoyed it immensely. GL was just gonna happen as soon as I get the cash.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I ask because I am trying to get Geoff's best and I managed to read JSA New age to Black Adam and enjoyed it immensely. GL was just gonna happen as soon as I get the cash.
    The first few arcs of JSA are definitely Johns's best work imo. Mostly because his JSA has some great character work, which I usually find lacking in his books.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Its not even listed to order anymore. Keep me updated awayne but I have a feeling your right. Major disappointment
    I just got a shipping notice, so I must have gotten lucky and nabbed one of the last few copies. I didn't think it was gonna happen, especially after you got your email saying they were out.

I've read that run first then went back to the JSA stuff and really liked both.
    Also his Flash, that is an awesome run.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I just got a shipping notice, so I must have gotten lucky and nabbed one of the last few copies. I didn't think it was gonna happen, especially after you got your email saying they were out.
    happy you got yours atleast! mind telling me what day you ordered yours on? The guy in the other thread who got his said he ordered on the 20th. I ordered on the 25th.

I ended up ordering it for almost twice the price on CGN but I really wanted it with vol 3 and vol 1 reprint comming! Have a feeling its gonna be more worth more than vol 1 pretty soon. Do you have vol1? And you plan on getting vol 3?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    happy you got yours atleast! mind telling me what day you ordered yours on? The guy in the other thread who got his said he ordered on the 20th. I ordered on the 25th.

I ended up ordering it for almost twice the price on CGN but I really wanted it with vol 3 and vol 1 reprint comming! Have a feeling its gonna be more worth more than vol 1 pretty soon. Do you have vol1? And you plan on getting vol 3?
    I ordered mine on the 20th as well. No I don't have volume one. It was very much an impulse buy as the opportunity to get all 3 volumes within the next year is highly unusual. So I pretty much ordered 2 as soon as I found out about the volume 1 reprint. Yeah and you can bet v2 will shoot up in price cause it wasn't released too long ago (relatively speaking) and I wouldn't expect a reprint on that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I ordered mine on the 20th as well. No I don't have volume one. It was very much an impulse buy as the opportunity to get all 3 volumes within the next year is highly unusual. So I pretty much ordered 2 as soon as I found out about the volume 1 reprint. Yeah and you can bet v2 will shoot up in price cause it wasn't released too long ago (relatively speaking) and I wouldn't expect a reprint on that any time soon.
    yup impulse buy for me too with the reprint comming. Although i might just fork out the money for vol 1, I have a hard time waiting for things and I refuse to read vol 2 without reading vol 1 first.

You and the other guy must of just got the last few they had. Cant believe they didnt take the book off there site when they were out, I was quite dissapointed. Just hope CGN dosnt cancel on me, from what ive read there known for that kinda of crap.

Oh well. Never read Xmen before, but claremont has gotten such praise on the series. Im really excited to finally read it