Page 9 of 360 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Small update on my behalf, been buying loads of books this month! My latest order contains:

Deadpool & Cable omnibus
    Absolute Identity Crisis
    DC Library: Flash of two worlds HC
    JSA: Bad Seed
    JSA: Axis of Evil
    JSA by morrison tp vol 2 (damn you deluxe editions being too expensive..)

plus I have my birthday coming up next week so (hopefully) I'll be getting some more books from my gf and family. Will post pics with the stack later!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Nice! Tell us later what you thought of Alien Legion, will you?
    Sure as soon as I actually read it. No promises when THAT will be though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Small update on my behalf, been buying loads of books this month! My latest order contains:

Deadpool & Cable omnibus
    Absolute Identity Crisis
    JSA: Bad Seed
    JSA: Axis of Evil
    JSA by morrison tp vol 2 (damn you deluxe editions being too expensive..)

plus I have my birthday coming up next week so (hopefully) I'll be getting some more books from my gf and family. Will post pics with the stack later!
    coff...JLA by Morrison...coff...not JSA...coff

Let me know what you think about those JSA books. I remember them not too fondly, after reading Johns' JSA for a while, but maybe I was just in the wrong mindset (and I think I've read Axis of evil monthly, which not neccessarily the best way).

Awesome! I just ordered this as well, and it shipped today.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    coff...JLA by Morrison...coff...not JSA...coff

Let me know what you think about those JSA books. I remember them not too fondly, after reading Johns' JSA for a while, but maybe I was just in the wrong mindset (and I think I've read Axis of evil monthly, which not neccessarily the best way).
    The typo is real! I bought them both for like 4 euros each but i'll let you know! They look decent though (skipped through the pages).
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Awesome! I just ordered this as well, and it shipped today.
    What a coincidence! I dont see them too often but I really love the book & the quality is superb!

What a coincidence! I dont see them too often but I really love the book & the quality is superb!
    YAY! I'm glad you said that because I ordered it on a friend's recommendation for Flash reads, and I found it on mycomicshop.com for $27.95 new, but I bought mine slightly used for $22 (I love used books). I don't know if those prices are decent or not? But I was ordering something else as well, so I got it from there.

YAY! I'm glad you said that because I ordered it on a friend's recommendation for Flash reads, and I found it on mycomicshop.com for $27.95 new, but I bought mine slightly used for $22 (I love used books). I don't know if those prices are decent or not? But I was ordering something else as well, so I got it from there.
    I got mine for 15 euros, it's a very decent price seeing as the cover price is 40 dollars (iirc). Havent finished it yet but it's definitely one of the better Flash stories in my opinion (was kinda dissapointed at the lack of good flash stories when I got interested in them a few months back).

Thanks to Midtown Comics' 40%-off Black Friday sale on graphic novels and Barnes and Noble's annual (and still on-going) Buy-2-Get-1-Free sale on DC and Marvel titles, I usually buy so many. I've been more or less impressed with my restraint this year:

Mark Waid's complete Daredevil run in hardcover. Volumes 1-3
    Thor: God of Thunder, Vol. 4, The Last Days of Midgard
    American Vampire, Vol. 6 HC
    Hawkeye, Vol. 3 LA Woman
    Nailbiter TPB
    Pretty Deadly TPB
    Fatale Deluxe Edition HC, Vol. 1
    Chew Omnivore Edition HC, Vol. 4
    Rat Queens TPB

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    Well since you're being so inquisitive, I may as well just tell you:

The first order: $147.06 + $44.37 shipping = $191.43

The second: $216.17 + $81.36 shipping = $297.53

I also have two previous orders, both with shipping for $33.46 (one was $73 worth of books and the other $92), which (I think) means that there's a base amount for shipping you have to pay.

Note that I also have to pay customs at the Post Office when I pick the boxes up. About $10-25, depending on the weight.

Hope that helps...
    We're from the States, but my sister lived in South Africa a few years. Whenever I visited her nearly my entire suitcase was books. Books and underwear. This is why.

I got mine for 15 euros, it's a very decent price seeing as the cover price is 40 dollars (iirc). Havent finished it yet but it's definitely one of the better Flash stories in my opinion (was kinda dissapointed at the lack of good flash stories when I got interested in them a few months back).
    Lack of good Flash stories for Jay and/or Barry?

And, yeah, other than The Return of Barry Allen, I haven't read much Flash. I have other Flash books (I think they're by Waid), but I haven't read them yet.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Do you specifically want it in b&w? Because there are colored collections.
    If I like it, I might upgrade to color.

Lack of good Flash stories for Jay and/or Barry?

And, yeah, other than The Return of Barry Allen, I haven't read much Flash. I have other Flash books (I think they're by Waid), but I haven't read them yet.
    Flash stories in general I mean

Flash stories in general I mean
    I bet I already asked this like a week or 2 ago but the Johns Wally West run? (3 omnis). His Barry Allen stuff is not the best but still quite good (with some awesome Manapul art and less than awesome Scott Kollins, who was best when he was drawing Wally, and Van Schiever in the Flash Rebirth, who's style I just can't stand).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I bet I already asked this like a week or 2 ago but the Johns Wally West run? (3 omnis). His Barry Allen stuff is not the best but still quite good (with some awesome Manapul art and less than awesome Scott Kollins, who was best when he was drawing Wally, and Van Schiever in the Flash Rebirth, who's style I just can't stand).
    Yeah those are good (as far as I read em (im somewhere halfway omni 1)). Besides that the n52 Flash run is pretty good along with Rebirth. Other than that... i have no idea :P

Yeah those are good (as far as I read em (im somewhere halfway omni 1)). Besides that the n52 Flash run is pretty good along with Rebirth. Other than that... i have no idea :P
    vol 2 is the best IMHO and the second half of vol3 (rouges war and the stuff after Identity crisis) was the first modern DC run I've read and it pretty much made me an instant fan.