Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    I tend to view Bruce as the type who does genuinely care about the people in his life (sons, friends, etc...), but because of how messed up he's gotten, he expresses his emotions the wrong way. He has showed care and love for each and one of his sons before in the comics. He can be abusive, but that depends on who is writing his character in the comic or at the time. Some writer portray Bruce differently.
    I can't excuse abusive behavior toward your kids. Bruce can afford to go to a shrink if he has problems with expressing emotions to the point that he's knocking his kids' teeth out.

Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I can't excuse abusive behavior toward your kids. Bruce can afford to go to a shrink if he has problems with expressing emotions to the point that he's knocking his kids' teeth out.
    I don't accept or support abusive behavior at all. I'm just stating that it depends on who is writing him at the time. Some writers like to write him as this asshole who doesn't mind hitting his kids or using his kids for his own needs, while other writers write him as someone who does show support and care. In-universe, Bruce should have gone to therapy for his emotional problems a long time ago. But, real world, would writers really want to write Bruce going to a shrink?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    I don't accept or support abusive behavior at all. I'm just stating that it depends on who is writing him at the time. Some writers like to write him as this asshole who doesn't mind hitting his kids or using his kids for his own needs, while other writers write him as someone who does show support and care. In-universe, Bruce should have gone to therapy for his emotional problems a long time ago. But, real world, would writers really want to write Bruce going to a shrink?
    If this was any other business, the editors would set--duh--guidelines for these divas, or send them back to their word processors when they cross the line. Being an editor at DC seems like it'd be a really easy gig 'cause all you have to do is rubber-stamp everything the writers want to do.

BANNED

We all know why Batman smacks Dick

If this was any other business, the editors would set--duh--guidelines for these divas, or send them back to their word processors when they cross the line. Being an editor at DC seems like it'd be a really easy gig 'cause all you have to do is rubber-stamp everything the writers want to do.
    You haven't heard many stories about what a nightmare editors can be for writers have you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You haven't heard many stories about what a nightmare editors can be for writers have you?
    USED to hear stories about stuff like that, back in the good ol' days when editors worked for the company's best interests instead of pandering to "superstar" writers.

BANNED

Ah, the good ol`days when an editor went to the trouble to walk into an Office that wasn`t his just so Wonder Woman wouldn`t win a fight against Superman in her own book.

USED to hear stories about stuff like that, back in the good ol' days when editors worked for the company's best interests instead of pandering to "superstar" writers.
    For every superstar writer who does what they like, there's about fifteen more who have to deal with crossovers derailing their stories, editorially mandated character changes, plans changing at the last minute etc. You only have to read what happened during the New 52 to see how this stuff happens.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For every superstar writer who does what they like, there's about fifteen more who have to deal with crossovers derailing their stories, editorially mandated character changes, plans changing at the last minute etc. You only have to read what happened during the New 52 to see how this stuff happens.
    You don't even have to go back to the new 52 to see crossovers and editorial change the course of stories Lazarus Contact basically came about because Preist was not allowed to do his Deathstroke story the way he wanted. He also wanted Damian Wayne to move to his Titans team at the end of the book but editorial would not allow it.

And here's Jason slapping Bruce too:

PlancheS_34094.jpg

BANNED

Looks like slapping that iron jaw hurt Jason's hand worse than it did Bruce's face.

He got better at it

5fe50369e284a11de4b92025235cdc18--jason-todd-batman-family.jpg

Also, damn it, Bruce.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    He got better at it

5fe50369e284a11de4b92025235cdc18--jason-todd-batman-family.jpg

Also, damn it, Bruce.
    I'm glad that's not canon any more because that's the most abusive act I can recall Bruce doing to his kids. Not just physical but messing with Jason's metal and emotional health.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I'm glad that's not canon any more because that's the most abusive act I can recall Bruce doing to his kids. Not just physical but messing with Jason's metal and emotional health.
    When did it become non-canon?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    When did it become non-canon?
    At the start of the Who is Artemis arc. Jason states he's only returned to the country he died in once to save Roy in the first RHATO. This makes sense as Jason talks about how much easier that mission was because he wasn't there long. Given the fact Jason later has a PTSD episode it underlines the fact going there is a HUGE deal for Jason.

What Tomasi wrote never worked for me because it never properly addresses Jason's PTSD and it's swept under the rug like it was no different than Bruce being mean to the others. That ill advised trip could have seriously messed Jason up.