Default Any good sci fi books with a B action movie feel?

I was thinking , I would like to read something post apocalyptic, but with a more lighthearted feel, more of the fun side than novels like The Road. Something more like the films Escape from NY, Road Warrior, Dawn of the Dead, Robocop, Terminator etc. Like urban action with people living in abandoned stores and stuff, but more action movie than depressing. Something with a feel of 80s sci fi action like Running Man, Total Recall, etc.

BANNED

Its not exactly what u are asking for, but I higly recommend the Vampire Hunter D novels. Its a mix of horror , fantasy and sci fi with dozens of epic superhuman fights scenes and a "B" feel in it. the history is not too dark, and it s never boring.

Vampire Hunter D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    I was thinking , I would like to read something post apocalyptic, but with a more lighthearted feel, more of the fun side than novels like The Road. Something more like the films Escape from NY, Road Warrior, Dawn of the Dead, Robocop, Terminator etc. Like urban action with people living in abandoned stores and stuff, but more action movie than depressing. Something with a feel of 80s sci fi action like Running Man, Total Recall, etc.
    The Question is an Oxymoron. I really don't think something can be both

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

Maybe take look at the Greg Mandel Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton. Post global-warming induced flooding, cyberpunkish detective thrillers. Starts with Mindstar Rising.

Tank Girl?
    BB

You might like Grendel: War Child

Think Lone Wolf and Cub/Terminator 2 in a dystopian future

BANNED

Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
    Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks
    Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

Comic Book wise.

Image Comics
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 09-24-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks everyone, I will deffo check out all the ideas. Tank Girl and Dredd are pretty much what I'm thinking of. I've been reading Richard Kadrey and thinking I want something like that but with less supernatural/religion element.