Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default I'm so glad Greg Pak is still on Action Comics

The guy just knows how to write Superman. Equally glad "Doomed" is over so he can get back to controlling his own title.

http://heroicuniverse.com/comic-revi...ion-comics-35/

He's done enough at this point where I think he deserves the keys. I want to see him get a long, Jurgens-like run to put a stamp on this character.

Greg has earned the keys to the Superman line. Give it to him.

BANNED

I agree. I have some problems with... wait for it... kryptonite and it's uses on Superman But which writer doesn't do this?

Greg Pak is King. Just try not to hurt Supes too much.

Yeah, he is great. And I can say he writes one of the most enjoyable Superman comics I've seen!

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Pak's the best! He needs to stay on action/bm/sm for as along as possible and if possible in the future the main Superman title as well.

Yea Pak is the best Superman writer of the past 5 years(on an ongoing)..Freaking Lobdell with his Doomed crossover that just ruined the momentum..Atleast next issue is the start of a new arc that wont be interrupted now that Johns is on Superman and has told that there'll be few crossovers if any among the line

Its not fair to blame Lobdell. If you didn't like the story you have to be fair and give equal if not more blame to Pak and Soule. Lobdell only contributed one chapter after all; it was fostered and penned primarily by the latter two.

BANNED

Shhhhh This is CBR. Anything that goes wrong in the world ever is blamed on three people: 1. Dan Didio, 2. Scott Lobdell, 3. Everyone else at DC.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Pak is great, may his reign be long and prosperous.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Just wanted to chime in and agree, I hope Pak's run is long and glorious. I look forward to his work every month. I'm always a little disappointed when I finish an issue of Action and realize that I have to wait another month for more.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    Shhhhh This is CBR. Anything that goes wrong in the world ever is blamed on three people: 1. Dan Didio, 2. Scott Lobdell, 3. Everyone else at DC.
    Stop making me giggle at work you evil fiend!

Definitely a really good thing that Pak is on Action- even if Doomed was his idea, the rest of what he's done makes up for it. And even then, Krypto and Steel are in Doomed.

Definitely earns some brownie points in my book. I love those two.

I'd approve.

Superman needs 1) a quality writers who 2) does a good interpretation of Superman and 3) sticks around for a while and leaves his mark on the character. When's the last time someone fit all three criteria?

I feel like for so long, big name writers have treated Supes as something like a part-time or seasonal job. That generally doesn't bode well for the line.

Sounds an awful lot like more people are going to be out and that they're then promoting internally once the DC move happens. I can only hope that one of the changes is a change in Superman editor.