Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So...question...I haven't read the issue yet...and likely won't for a few weeks, so I don't mind being spoiled...do they address if Lois still retains the knowledge of Clark's identity after her powers disappear, or is it all left up in the air at the end?
    Not addressed.

I want to know if the talk about Zor-El was just a fake out on Brainiac's part. I hope it is, at least.

Ultimate Member

Doomed had an interesting premise, but it was dragged out for WAY too long. It started to DRAG in the middle, and it sounds like this issue had the opposite problem, it was really rushed. And the fact that WW was shoved to the sidelines/underused so much during all of this annoys the crap out of me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Not addressed.

I want to know if the talk about Zor-El was just a fake out on Brainiac's part. I hope it is, at least.
    What talk about Zor-El? You mean Brainiac's prophecy about Kara?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    What talk about Zor-El? You mean Brainiac's prophecy about Kara?
    Brainy straight up told Supes that Cyborg Superman was Zor-El.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I enjoyed it, personally. I have gripes, like leaving things like the Phantom King unresolved, and lets face it, the plot as a whole never made the highest of sense, but as a finale to me it delivered.

And that final page, shoe-horned in or not, was awesome. If this was editorial meddling, it was GOOD editorial meddling for my money.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Brainy straight up told Supes that Cyborg Superman was Zor-El.
    Why would that be a fake-out? It's true. We found that out over a year ago in Supergirl #23 and followed up on in last year's gimmick month.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Why would that be a fake-out? It's true. We found that out over a year ago in Supergirl #23 and followed up on in last year's gimmick month.
    Ah. I don't read the Supergirl comic. Thanks.

Incredible Member

As to the question of whether Lois still knows Clark is really Superman, we should find out all the answers in next week's Action, with the Doomed Aftermath. However, when it was thought Lois was cured the first time (when Lobdell was still writing) she had no memory of it. This time I hope she doe, maybe she'll become more important to the overall plot!

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Not addressed.

It isnt,villians month,Cyborg superman

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    HOLY CHRIST... THERE HE IS!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the old universe, pre-52?

Finally Doomed is over. This arc went on for way too long. I wasn't really impressed by this issue except for the end. I am looking forward to Action Comics 35 and Superman/Wonder Woman 12 since Superman is in them as we know from previews yet we saw him go into the black hole. I also didn't like how Wonder Woman only had 1 part in the finale. Seemed pretty weak since Superman/Wonder Woman was one of the main books in this cross over. Although I did like how Braniacs vision showed how much Clark cared about Diana and it was cool that Non was given some speaking lines for once and didn't need Zod or Faora/Ursa to be used.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Is that the old universe, pre-52?
    The center one yes (or a mirror version of pre-crisis). There is also Flashpoint verse, OMAC verse, among others.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

BANNED

So.... what happened? Did Supes was purged from the Doomsday virus?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

A great ending for the Brainiac threat (though I give no f**ks about the multiverse), and I really enjoyed the issue but it was a weak ending to the actual "Doomed" arc.

Superman opens black hole, Doomsday virus is drained away leaving regular Supes, both disappear.

Sigh. I knew I was going to be disappointed by the one-shot ending.

I'm hoping the aftermath gives us the new Doomsday, one that can't just be sliced in two by any Kryptonian. And is a constant super-powerful threat (Super-doom's power level changed as and when required in Doomed 2).
    Last edited by exile001; 09-25-2014 at 03:14 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!