Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Ahh AOS did very well actually. It was always set for a limited run. Know your facts before typing.

As for my scenario, you have zero proof it wouldn't work because it's never been tried before. Once again stop thinking newer is better and that everyone wants to read what is going on now. Please as many as possible to make the maximum amount of money out of a dead market..
    Something that does very well does not end. It's not like it was tied to one creator.

"Very Well" meaning it sold hundreds of thousands of copies, since obviously there's this untapped audience of Golden/Silver Age Superman fans out there.

That's a coop out and make no sense. Do you think it is a smart move to have done so? DC made it worse then better in confusing fans. My way brings everything back to scratch and makes things nice and neat like it should be.

Everyone gets what they want and you know have 4 different ways of enjoying your favorite character at any time instead of being stuck with one that is a shadow of what he or she was.

You have a choice.
    That would be fair if you could prove that a significant number of fans are confused by anything.

That's a coop out and make no sense. Do you think it is a smart move to have done so? DC made it worse then better in confusing fans. My way brings everything back to scratch and makes things nice and neat like it should be.

Everyone gets what they want and you know have 4 different ways of enjoying your favorite character at any time instead of being stuck with one that is a shadow of what he or she was.

You have a choice.
    Your way is basically trying to please everyone because some people won't give the newer versions a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Something that does very well does not end. It's not like it was tied to one creator.

"Very Well" meaning it sold hundreds of thousands of copies, since obviously there's this untapped audience of Golden/Silver Age Superman fans out there.

That would be fair if you could prove that a significant number of fans are confused by anything.
    Are you guys talking about the digital first Adventure of Superman book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Your way is basically trying to please everyone because some people won't give the newer versions a chance.
    I think they have by know. It's been 2 years. The numbers are just about where they were 2 years ago across the board. The time has come to give everyone one what they want to actually make real money again. Why shut out those who will not pay for the New 52 instead of actually taking their money by giving them something they want to read.

BANNED

Yes..........

I wonder if the 2 Superman will fight.

BANNED

Are you guys talking about the digital first Adventure of Superman book?
    I am, yes.

I think they have by know. It's been 2 years. The numbers are just about where they were 2 years ago across the board. The time has come to give everyone one what they want to actually make real money again. Why shut out those who will not pay for the New 52 instead of actually taking their money by giving them something they want to read.
    So why wasn't this real money being made before the Reboot happened? and i don't know what universe you're from but 10k unit isn't considered "very well"

BANNED

No, the numbers are not just about where they were 2 years ago across the board.

August update:

DC Sales - Top 300 (Jan-Aug) 2014 - 16,435,381 estimated units.
    DC Sales - Top 300 (Jan-Aug) 2013 - 17,621,291 estimated units.

And here are the figures for 1997-2012:
    2013 - 28,184,085 estimated units
    2012 - 29,602,125 estimated units
    2011 - 26,522,201 estimated units
    2010 - 23,528,000 estimated units

...and that doesn't include September which is going to be big. We're probably going to come out around 27million this year, way ahead of the 23.5 million from 2010.

BANNED

Am I the only here that isn't missing the Pre New 52 universe? Sure I miss Cassandra "HBIC" Cain, The Rogues that relied on tech & Mia Deardren. But other than that, I'm a pretty happy DC fan.

BANNED

So why wasn't this real money being made before the Reboot happened? and i don't know what universe you're from but 10k unit isn't considered "very well"
    To be fair, I'm including digital sales as well, in a sense. Which is to say, I don't know how much digital sales were, but they couldn't have been all that great if they ended it.

And again, it could have had great digital sales as digital sales go - but if there was a gigantic market for Golden/Silver Age Superman, all of those people would have been buying the book in one form or another, and obviously they weren't or they would have continued it.

But also to your point, I find it hard to believe that if print is only 10,000 that digital is more than what, 40,000 at the highest (and that's ignoring the fact they cancelled it)? It's highly unlikely that there are a million people out there and 990,000 buy digital and only 10,000 buy print.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    Am I the only here that isn't missing the Pre New 52 universe? Sure I miss Cassandra "HBIC" Cain, The Rogues that relied on tech & Mia Deardren. But other than that, I'm a pretty happy DC fan.
    I'm happy too.

It comes from having a mature perspective on the situation.

Spectacular Member

I wonder where Batman Pre-52 timeline would pick up. INC Volume 2 was meant for Pre-52, but occurred post-Flashpoint. The event had already started... If it does come back (either reboot or its own multiverse, or it was saved somehow and dumped in the NU52 Multiverse (multiversally singular events still having occurred for them), where DOES Batman/Green Lantern pick up from? Would DC acknowledge to the end of Morrison's/John's efforts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    No, the numbers are not just about where they were 2 years ago across the board.

August update:

DC Sales - Top 300 (Jan-Aug) 2014 - 16,435,381 estimated units.
    DC Sales - Top 300 (Jan-Aug) 2013 - 17,621,291 estimated units.

And here are the figures for 1997-2012:
    2013 - 28,184,085 estimated units
    2012 - 29,602,125 estimated units
    2011 - 26,522,201 estimated units
    2010 - 23,528,000 estimated units

...and that doesn't include September which is going to be big. We're probably going to come out around 27million this year, way ahead of the 23.5 million from 2010.
    you should put statistic from the last 10 years. sales are still falling and soon will be at 23 millions. the 3d covers coulve have been done at pre new 52, it's just a gimmick that saved DC last year

If Lobdell's name wasn't attached to this two month event, or whatever it is, while DC movies offices to CA then I might be more interested. I just don't have confidence in Lobdell to handle an event.