Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

All this universe this and universe that is exactly why I stay pretty far away from the DCU except for the Batman books.

It's not that I don't like the ideas and even stories about the multiverse but when it becomes such a focal point and there is more discussion about the universe characters are set in than the actual characters themselves, well I'm out.
    Last edited by TacoKid; 09-24-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Cant wait for the return of the pre-new52, that way Superman can finally go back to the way he was, poorly written and irreverent.
    Hey, how dare you. New Krypton, World of New Krypton, The Last Stand on New Krypton and Grounded are like one of the best Superman books I've ever read.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It's symbolic like the Bat on Batman's costume chest.
    The S is symbolic like the Bat on Batman's costume chest.
    Show the S to anyone, everyone will recognize it, show the underwear without the S, he could be anyone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Backwards. Part of the premise of Multiversity is that everything was changed by Flashpoint, not just Earth-0. You're seeing the multiverse as it was Pre-Flashpoint, not as it is now.

Wasn't this also sort-of done in "Wrath of the First Lantern" where Volthoom gave people pre-Flashpoint visions of themselves?
    You may be right. I was wondering the same when I was writing my post but I refrained when many of these worlds resemble the current multiverse. What left me scratching my head was the presence of the classic, Earth-2 JSA and the Flashpoint Earth-0 since I don't think those are from the current multiverse but from the previous one. I forgot that any change on Earth-0 changes the entire multiverse as well and that was mentioned way back in 52.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Cant wait for the return of the pre-new52, that way Superman can finally go back to the way he was, poorly written and irreverent.
    irreverent? superman?

All-New Member

That's not pre-New 52 Superman.
    That's a different artist aping Frank Quitely's style to depict All Star Superman.

With the possible exception of the Perez Titans, these are all currently worlds in the Multiverse of the New 52.
    Though CBR labeled some of them wrong, using their old pre-Flashpoint designations.

Interesting to see what comes of this, but I don't see it overturning the apple cart here. just building on the Multiverse thread the New 52 started with all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It's symbolic like the Bat on Batman's costume chest.
    No its not, the S is symbolic the red trunks is not.

Coming Soon: Zero Hour Reloaded, now with more blood!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid View Post
    All this universe this and universe that is exactly why I stay pretty far away from the DCU except for the Batman books.

It's not that I don't like the ideas and even stories about the multiverse but when it becomes such a focal point and there is more discussion about the universe characters are set in than the actual characters themselves, well I'm out.
    It annoys me too. Stop making continuity the story. Tell stories about CHARACTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_buckley View Post
    With the possible exception of the Perez Titans, these are all currently worlds in the Multiverse of the New 52.
    Though CBR labeled some of them wrong, using their old pre-Flashpoint designations.
    The JSA there is definitely pre-Crisis. It's got pre-Crisis Helena Wayne on it! So it's either pre-Crisis Earth 2, or the post-Infinite Crisis "New" Earth 2.

Spectacular Member

Judging from Doomed, Booster Gold, Futures End, and even Grant Morrison's Action Comics, it appears there are actually two versions of Brianiac. The one we have seen that steals cities from doomed world, and a multiversal one that steals cities from doomed universes. The Band-aid event will likely revolve around the multiversal cities in Brianiac's menagerie.

Regarding the red trunks, you've got to remember two things:

One: PEOPLE DON'T LIKE CHANGE. If you don't understand that, please write it on a piece of paper next to your computer screen and reference it any time you ever discuss anything on the internet. With Superman, he had the trunks almost consistently from 1938 to 2011. Like it or nor, the change was too disruptive to too many people. It just was. They disliked the change because Superman always had the red trunks. The end.

Two: there,s an aesthetic element where the red breaks up the blue bodysuit. Many comic characters do this, often with complimentary colors, because a consistent color scheme on a character can be boring. It's probaly why the Hulk wears purple pants or the Thing wears blue shorts or the Flash has yellow lightning bolts at his waist. Visually, it flows better. You may disagree, but it's a classic art trope that's been around for awhile.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chris_buckley View Post
    That's not pre-New 52 Superman.
    That's a different artist aping Frank Quitely's style to depict All Star Superman.

Interesting to see what comes of this, but I don't see it overturning the apple cart here. just building on the Multiverse thread the New 52 started with all along.
    The classic Superman at the end is suppossed to be pre-Flashpoint Earth-0 Superman. The JSA depicted is clearly not from any of the worlds of the curremt Orrery but from the pre-Flashpoint version of Earth-2 that lat appeared in Johns' JSA run since the Huntress is along Classic Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. The Flashpoint universe depicted is Earth-0 during the Flashpoint event. What I think is that Brainiac is seeing visions of hte pre-Flashpoint Multiverse and perhaps of the pre-Crisis multiverse as well.

I hope the New 52 Superman either meets his pre-Flashpoint self or pre-Crisis Earth-2 Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Coming Soon: Zero Hour Reloaded, now with more blood!
    Blood Moon

that is the same of the DC event next year?

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Regarding the red trunks, you've got to remember two things:

One: PEOPLE DON'T LIKE CHANGE. If you don't understand that, please write it on a piece of paper next to your computer screen and reference it any time you ever discuss anything on the internet. With Superman, he had the trunks almost consistently from 1938 to 2011. Like it or nor, the change was too disruptive to too many people. It just was. They disliked the change because Superman always had the red trunks. The end.

Two: there,s an aesthetic element where the red breaks up the blue bodysuit. Many comic characters do this, often with complimentary colors, because a consistent color scheme on a character can be boring. It's probaly why the Hulk wears purple pants or the Thing wears blue shorts or the Flash has yellow lightning bolts at his waist. Visually, it flows better. You may disagree, but it's a classic art trope that's been around for awhile.
    People might not like change, but it happens. To you he may be the man of steel in strong man trunks. But to the general population he was the super hero with his underpants on the outside.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

I just shed a tear seeing the real DCU there.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman