Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Right because every Titan can move up and Cyborg should be the eternal babysitter lol, some time if you guys were actually fans or just want to see the guy suffer, Cyborg being on the league is damn good move, even Tim moved on his own leaving cyborg with the teen titans.
    These characters do not need to age. The idea that they need to hurts the characters in more ways then you could imagine.

Cyborg graduating into a Leaguer would have been richer for character's sake. His relationship with Titans were endearing.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if the internet had been around in 1986, would people have complained this much about the post crisis DC universe? Yes, I am sad all that history is gone but I am rather excited to watch this new history unfold.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Looks like Superman to me. If he looks like a duck, Walks like a duck and acts like a Duck then chances are he is a duck unlike the New 52 Superman.
    There is practically a Superman in each of the 52 universes. One of them was bound to be to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I wonder if the internet had been around in 1986, would people have complained this much about the post crisis DC universe? Yes, I am sad all that history is gone but I am rather excited to watch this new history unfold.
    There is no doubt in my mind.

People just like to complain.

These characters do not need to age. The idea that they need to hurts the characters in more ways then you could imagine.
    Yet his whole original team age? leaving him basically as a high school teacher.

Astonishing Member

Having Val Zod in Earth 2 is good Making Cyborg something he never was and taking out a original character like Martian Manhunter is not. Cyborg has and should always be a Teen Titan. As for Wally. LOL Don't get me started with that ridiculousness.

Forcing Diversity onto characters that have been around for over 40 years is NOT the way to do it. Diversity should be a natural flow like Val Zod not making Iconic character into something they are not.

And this is exactly where the problem lies. The older demographic, use to it history considers changing history as "forcing diversity", not realizing that almost every aspect of human rights manage has been created by literally force. From slavery to the civil rights movement to today, things don't just happen naturally. This is further illustrated by how the comic book demographic was pre 52, according to the comic book panel of diversity in San Diego Comic Con, were 85% white males over the age of 27. That's extremely one sided. Why? Because diversity wasn't pushed, it made small sprinkles here and there but no radical changes that you see currently in the the new 52.

One of the biggest cricitism of the JLA was that the most important heroes were all white with one green alien, this was actually one of the reasons why John Stewart was chosen for the JL unlimited cartoon. due to the fact that it's heavily one sided.

And that goes back to my original discussion. Pre 52 was built around a time which tailored towards white male. These "iconic" characters teams and stories were tailored towards white men of the 1940's. But this isn't the 1940's. Last year was the first year in the school system where minority kids outnumbered white kids, DC is finally realizing that what would fly 40+ years ago can't fly today.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Last time I checked they are out of that book and they still have the same origins from there. Numbering doesn't solve anything.
    No but a whole creative team refresh does. Also, Beast Boy is green again. If the writing is good enough, they can easily pave over Lobdell's flawed stories. It's been a decent book so far I feel, at the very least worth reading as a TT fan after the trainwreck that was Lobdell's run.

Glad I'm not a Red Hood/Outlaws fan, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    There is practically a Superman in each of the 52 universes. One of them was bound to be to your liking.

As long as it looks classic and acts classic I'll take it.

All-New Member

This is a strange comment. If the characters didn't age then Dick might not have joined the TT and he definitely wouldn't have become Nightwing and we'd be stuck with one Robin still. Aging is symbiotic with character growth. One of the greatest aspects of pre-52 that it kind of wiped out was the concept of lineage.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I was never a fan of that. Dick Grayson should be Robin. The moment you changed that you start the downward spiral that these characters actually need to age. Batman did not need Jason Todd, Tim Drake, or Damian Wayne. As much as these characters are liked they simply only hurt the idea and only leads writers into dead ends. These are fictional characters and could be written the same way over and over again.

There is so much wrong with that concept.

The world should change over time.

I was never a fan of that. Dick Grayson should be Robin. The moment you changed that you start the downward spiral that these characters actually need to age. Batman did not need Jason Todd, Tim Drake, or Damian Wayne. As much as these characters are liked they simply only hurt the idea and only leads writers into dead ends. These are fictional characters and could be written the same way over and over again.
    So DC should use the same set of characters in same positions for all eternity? you know that would have gotten incredibly stale right?

All-New Member

If you're a fan of the Silver Age, that's cool and all. But as a Tim Drake mega-fan myself I vehemently disagree. :P

Having the characters frozen and unable to change or grow leads to absurdly stale and gimmicky stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post

There is so much wrong with that concept.

The world should change over time.
    Yea, but that is not a real world. it's a comic book fictional world.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Reboot legion reboot legion reboot legion yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Cyclops was right