Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    NO MORE REBOOTS.

I don't want to end up with Waid's Threboot crap again. I rather enjoyed the Johns/Levitz Retroboot Legion until the Nu52.
    I ment the 90's team after Zero Hour. Those are the costumes from that series, not the "post-crisis" legion, which didn't really exist.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    But that's not even entirely true. There is a linear chronology that leads from pre-Flashpoint to Flashpoint to New 52. Continuity wasn't erased because it exists in physical books and in our minds. Whether new readers like it or not there is a 70+ year history because fans exist and the companies want to make fans excited by referencing the past.
    TRUE. Also Batman books keep referencing thinks like Batman's death (which wouldn't make sense since they supposedly hadn't fought Darkside before JL#1) and GL books references Brightest Day..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    @Bold dem reasoning thou, weren't you the one just saying its a fictional world?

@Underline this from the dude that said Dick Grayson should be the only Robin, please make up your mind.
    Like I said if your going to do it at least make it look good and make some kind of sense. Oh and that is not Ray Palmer who is real Atom.

Stop teasing me DC! Either it's happening or it's not.

That said, please please please let the Post-Crisis Pre-New 52 Earth come back so I can buy DC titles again.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Like I said if your going to do it at least make it look good and make some kind of sense. Oh and that is not Ray Palmer who is real Atom.
    Of Course She's Atomica, Ray Palmer works for SHADE, by then way fi you want to get technical Al Pratt is the real Atom

Oh great DC confuse me even more. Last page isn't all that a shocker or that exciting to me. I mean I always thought we had multiple earths. I was just hoping the new 52 would build on what it started. DC trying to have their cake and eat it of course but not exactly new reader friendly. Jumping 5 years later and then looming crisis and not even allowing writers to settle properly on their books. You giving me a headache DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Of Course She's Atomica, Ray Palmer works for SHADE, by then way fi you want to get technical Al Pratt is the real Atom
    LOL Well done. One for you.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    But that's not even entirely true. There is a linear chronology that leads from pre-Flashpoint to Flashpoint to New 52. Continuity wasn't erased because it exists in physical books and in our minds. Whether new readers like it or not there is a 70+ year history because fans exist and the companies want to make fans excited by referencing the past.
    It is all one singular continuity, from the Golden Age on down to the New 52. None of the newer universes would exist without the previous universes existing. Just because the universe was destroyed, does not mean the fact that it once existed is not meaningful or incredibly important.

As someone that started reading comics in the 60's, I don't see a lot of cohesiveness in the Nu52. I believe in a fresh start, but not to have favorites included was a turnoff to me, as well as some of my favorite characters reimagined in a lousy and sometimes selfish way (yes, Superman, I'm looking at you). Not to mention the grim and brutal tone of this universe.

Why not an entirely fresh start? It would have been more exciting to see Dick become Robin, or the first appearance of the Joker. Misfires like Teen Titans, 3 Robins in 5 years (apparently 4 in seven), and whatever they did to Wally is a complete turnoff. I'm too old to relearn this patchwork universe, and certainly won't support it any more. I think I manage to go by a comic store once a month, primarily because my son likes Deadpool.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's not interesting enough to me to spend 4 bucks a title on. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by thechief; 09-24-2014 at 10:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechief View Post
    As someone that started reading comics in the 60's, I don't see a lot of cohesiveness in the Nu52. I believe in a fresh start, but not to have favorites included was a turnoff to me, as well as some of my favorite characters reimagined in a lousy and sometimes selfish way (yes, Superman, I'm looking at you). Not to mention the grim and brutal tone of this universe.

Why not an entirely fresh start? It would have been more exciting to see Dick become Robin, or the first appearance of the Joker. Misfires like Teen Titans, 3 Robins in 5 years (apparently 4 in seven), and whatever they did to Wally is a complete turnoff. I'm too old to relearn this patchwork universe, and certainly won't support it any more. I think I manage to go by a comic store once a month, primarily because my son likes Deadpool.

i'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's not interesting enough to me to spend 4 bucks a title on. That's just my opinion.
    An Awesome and correct opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i know.. it's great to see jericho again. the red trunks though.... the kryptonian ceremonial suit was just warming up on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I just wish people would realize that this is about business and money... There is no more pre-new52 there is only the new52 it would be ridiculous and would be completely shutting out any new readers who jumped on with the new52 to just say "we are reverting back to pre-new52 so all the stories that you have gotten invested in and all the characters are gonna go back to having these ridiculously long and complex histories that date back 70+ years" The new52 was perfect for DC because it allowed people to become invested in these characters from the beginning of their history. The-new52 is here to stay and pre flashpoint is gone forever get over it no matter how much we want it back its gone. All this panel shows us is that there is a big story coming up (which we all know) involving the multiverse.
    People become invested in a character when they choose to.
    If characters could only be invested in at the start of their histories then there would have been virtually no readers between 1970 and 2011.

Readers don't say "I refuse to read Batman because he's been around 75 years."

First issues bring in new readers.
    Stand-alone graphic novels bring in new readers.
    Tpbs collecting classic stories bring in new readers.
    Events bring in new readers.
    TV shows bring in new readers.

Gotham Central will get a boost in popularity due to Gotham. You want to tell those new readers not to bother with it, because "it's not the real universe"?

Batman: Year One and Dark Knight Returns bring in new readers.

Rebooting may bring in new readers but it also confuses things for other new readers who may be coming in through the back door of Pre-52.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    It is all one singular continuity, from the Golden Age on down to the New 52. None of the newer universes would exist without the previous universes existing. Just because the universe was destroyed, does not mean the fact that it once existed is not meaningful or incredibly important.
    When you force things out of sight it becomes out of mind and hense out of existence. DC is forcing people to forget the Old Universe by forcing the New 52 on everyone. But DC never accounted for older fans and those who love the older looks and feels of the character to not let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Stop thinking new is always better because it is not. Often the older way of thinking is what sells and what people want.
    Like Superman being a bald supervillain with exclusively telepathic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Seems like no one brought this up yet, so who or what exactly is that gigantic figure behind Brainiac? Is it just his ship or something (someone) else? Kind of got a Darkseid vibe from that center light piece but that wouldn't make sense.
    It looks a lot like the way Brother Eye is depicted in the week's Futures End, and that also matches up decently with the superimposed monologue.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

Rebooting may bring in new readers but it also confuses things for other new readers who may be coming in through the back door of Pre-52.
    If they can understand the fact that the Dark Knight, Beware the Batman and Gotham are about the same character but take place in separate universes, then they will easily grasp the same concept for comic continuities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    People become invested in a character when they choose to.
    If characters could only be invested in at the start of their histories then there would have been virtually no readers between 1970 and 2011.

Readers don't say "I refuse to read Batman because he's been around 75 years."

First issues bring in new readers.
    Stand-alone graphic novels bring in new readers.
    Tpbs collecting classic stories bring in new readers.
    Events bring in new readers.
    TV shows bring in new readers.

Gotham Central will get a boost in popularity due to Gotham. You want to tell those new readers not to bother with it, because "it's not the real universe"?

Batman: Year One and Dark Knight Returns bring in new readers.

well Batman story in new 52 goes beyond new 52