Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103
Results 1,531 to 1,535 of 1535

Is there another planet out there in the multiverse identically just like the 616, but it has not encountered an Incursion yet, and the current 616 in all its corruption comes across it? I think our 616 would sacrifice itself to let that uncorrupted 616 live. I think all the heroes of our 616 would fight the Cabal to blow up our 616 before the Time Runs Out.

This other identical 616 went through the Heroic Age, FI, AVX, AU, Infinity, OS, but it never encountered an Incursion so it never corrupted. The Illuminati never reformed because of the Black Panther, and Maximus was never tempted to release the Black Order, and the Black Swan never showed up. What would this 616 look like?
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-02-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think that every earth/universe is different (i.e. not identical). difference may be small and very large

BANNED

They can ignore it because they can. Marvel decides to ignore the Illuminati's actions or reduce them to 'yea, that happened last year, get over it' status nothing can really be done to change that so long as sales continue to hold steady. If the current age of marvel is a showcase of anything it is the ability for characters to do horrible things and for those things to be completely forgotten when ever the writers are ready for the characters to forget them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I wonder if Marvel can just ignore the Hickman run and write stories like it never happened? I suppose they could do a HoM and just have a white out and everybody is back in 2004. But I don't think the writers ever want to go back. They have a formula now where they rip the MU apart, and the next big thing takes over as the DoS and another good guy becomes the bad guy that everybody dumps on.

What could happen after the Hickman run is that the people of the MU have to accept the super heroes as viable allies again, and not marginalise them again, like they have in the past. But one things for sure. Everybody is going to be more aware of everybody's failings after this. Nobody is going to act high and mighty because everybody will have been taken to purgatory and made naked in front of everybody else. The psychology of the planet Earth will have to be resown back into place, just so countries and parties can become viable again. This doesn't just reflect on the super heroes. This takes away from the citizens as well. Everybody is incriminated.

Otherwise, why bother with such an elaborate plot? Where is the point of showing what a really human Universe this is, where everybody is tempted and found to be wanting, and then it is just ignored? I don't see the point of building such a strong humane story, showing what it is to be human and then turning a page, and it's a new day, and who cares what happened yesterday? You have a perfectly set up plot, where nobody can act like they are superior to anybody else, and from that starting point you begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    They can ignore it because they can. Marvel decides to ignore the Illuminati's actions or reduce them to 'yea, that happened last year, get over it' status nothing can really be done to change that so long as sales continue to hold steady. If the current age of marvel is a showcase of anything it is the ability for characters to do horrible things and for those things to be completely forgotten when ever the writers are ready for the characters to forget them.
    Yes, Marvel could ignore the state they bring the MU too with Incursions. But are they forgotten all the time? Since Civil War it has been one state compounded upon another. There was no magical switch that was turned on and it all went away. Stark is still despised for CW by the other heroes, and he keeps proving it even up to the reformation of the Illuminati and the mind wipe of Cap. The government doesn't trust the heroes to have a free reign anymore, and make them align with SHIELD now. The Avengers and X-Men are still in unity. Nobody flicked a switch and it all went away. So I think they won't with this either.

BANNED

I haven't seen much evidence of Tony being hated. Cyclops is still being blamed for Xaviers death but that might change when they bring Xavier back. The Uncanny Avengers is just another Avengers title. SHIELD has been fascist since before cw. I think with marvel it's a matter of if a writer wants it for the storyline it's there, other than that it isn't. It's not like we can do anything to change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, Marvel could ignore the state they bring the MU too with Incursions. But are they forgotten all the time? Since Civil War it has been one state compounded upon another. There was no magical switch that was turned on and it all went away. Stark is still despised for CW by the other heroes, and he keeps proving it even up to the reformation of the Illuminati and the mind wipe of Cap. The government doesn't trust the heroes to have a free reign anymore, and make them align with SHIELD now. The Avengers and X-Men are still in unity. Nobody flicked a switch and it all went away. So I think they won't with this either.