Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default New Avengers #24 Review (w/spoilers)

Brace yourselves people, this issue is a doozy. First the spoilers.

spoilers:

Namor admits to Dr. Doom that the Cabal is unruly. And when he's saying that, he absolutely means it. Two Earths are destroyed in this issue, one being the Supreme Power verse, the other a X-Men oriented one, might even be X-Men Forever. And the X-Men scene is just MESSED UP. Apparently, Terrax likes slash-fics, nuff said. Doom refuses to help Namor.

Wakanda is done. Destroyed. Finito. Cooked. The Cabal went in on it, and only less than 2,000 citizens are left. Thanks a f**kin' lot, Namor. The whole world watched and did nothing to save Wakanda. Some say that's just. I say that just confirms everything Wakandan's felt about the outside world, but whatever. T'Challa and Shuri (they are cool with each other now) try to nab some of the Earth destroying bombs. Maximus and Proxima stop them, and Shuri buys T'Challa time to leave.

Unfortunately, that leaves her stuck against Proxima and her forces. Thankfully, there's no body! But uh, I'm expecting the worst.

Dr. Doom has plans of his own. One of them involving Molecule Man.

end of spoilers

This issue focuses on three characters: Namor acting as the Cabal Representative, T'Challa acting as the face of the Illuminati right now, and Dr. Doom, acting as the representative of Doom because he does what he wants. And I think that was more than enough to show how dire the situation is.

I loved Dr. Doom in this issue. Completely shunned throughout the series, now it's his time to shine. And shine he did, denying Namor with style, and plotting his own means of saving the universe. A new player in the mix.

Namor... I totally understand his situation, and how it turned into a complete mess. He's at wit's end, but that's what happens when you deal with guys like Thanos, Black Swan, Terrax, and Maximus.

And as a Black Panther fan... Man, this issue was rough. I had a feeling it would happen, but it HURT. And hopefully the fate of one character doesn't really come to pass.

The art was fantastic this issue, really helped show how bad things have gotten, emotionally, structurally, etc. And of course, Hickman presents a status quo more shocking than any alternate reality I've seen from Marvel as of late. Not just because of how dire it is, but how probable it is. How it fits into the tapestry of what he's been writing since the get go.

I found it really interesting that Doom's team has the Mapmakers...map. Will it really allow him to find the origin of the Incursions?

Also that X-Men scene was sad, and I noticed they even killed Phoenix, which is really weird.

Oh ****

At least Shuri and T'challa were on good terms

But... F mane

Namor is so dead
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm also wondering how Wakanda fell. I guess the Cabal did that? Because I doubt it has anything to do with Sixis.

BANNED

YEAH...but you have to admit in a way spoilers:
    I mean if what the Wakandans believe about Outsiders is true, then it's their just deserve punishment that the Cabal Slaughters them. I mean did they even try to call for outside help. I would expect even Steve Rogers would put aside his vendetta against the Illuminati and that S.H.I.E.L.D would help out regardless what the Wakandans feel about them. It's partly their fault for their pride of being a superior nation that got them this way. Also, Namor's people are scattered thanks to them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    YEAH...but you have to admit in a way I mean if what the Wakandans believe about Outsiders is true, then it's their just deserve punishment that the Cabal Slaughters them. I mean did they even try to call for outside help. I would expect even Steve Rogers would put aside his vendetta against the Illuminati and that S.H.I.E.L.D would help out regardless what the Wakandans feel about them. It's partly their fault for their pride of being a superior nation that got them this way. Also, Namor's people are scattered thanks to them.
    And it begins... time for the Wakanda blame game.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

No one wants to hear me say it but I will anyway.

I was expecting Wakanda to get blowed up real good six years ago.

So I'm not shocked that its happening now.

Considering that the Cabal is has Thanos, two of Thanos' arch flunkies and an Alt Universe Herald of Galactus on its squad it's a wonder that there are even 2000 of them left.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-24-2014 at 06:41 AM.

BANNED

Hmmm....
    Sounds like I'm actually going to buy this issue. Might be the small fan service Some will get before the other shoe drops again.

I was actually bothered by what happen to the Wakkandans during AvX. But after how fans reacted over the years in regards to Atlantis and Namor I can barley care. At least now they are closer to understanding Namors plight. Hopefully, Shuri shoulders are strong enough to carry the burden because after the last couple of issue T'Challa doesn't seem ready for it.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-24-2014 at 06:55 AM.

I mean if what the Wakandans believe about Outsiders is true, then it's their just deserve punishment that the Cabal Slaughters them. I mean did they even try to call for outside help. I would expect even Steve Rogers would put aside his vendetta against the Illuminati and that S.H.I.E.L.D would help out regardless what the Wakandans feel about them. It's partly their fault for their pride of being a superior nation that got them this way. Also, Namor's people are scattered thanks to them.
    end of spoilers
    Uh no. I'm not going to admit that at all, because that's garbage.

That's all I'm going to say, because I don't want to get banned.

Ultimate Member

Doom is the man.

His plan to deal with the incursions simply dove tails with what a lot of posters suggested over these last few months.

Doom kicking out Namor was also pretty bad ass. Namor thinking he could work with genuine maniacs like the new Cabal and somehow expecting them to kill worlds lightly was idiotic from the start.

YEAH...but you have to admit in a way. I mean if what the Wakandans believe about Outsiders is true, then it's their just deserve punishment that the Cabal Slaughters them. I mean did they even try to call for outside help. I would expect even Steve Rogers would put aside his vendetta against the Illuminati and that S.H.I.E.L.D would help out regardless what the Wakandans feel about them. It's partly their fault for their pride of being a superior nation that got them this way. Also, Namor's people are scattered thanks to them.
    WoW just WoW. Not asking for help = deserving to be slaughtered. I can't say in surprised you see it this way though (judging from previous posts).

I'm interested in what Doom is going to do. He was the highlight in an otherwise difficult issue for me to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    No one wants to hear me say it but I will anyway.

I was expecting Wakanda to get blowed up real good six years ago.

So I'm not shocked that its happening now.

Considering that the Cabal is has Thanos, two of Thanos' arch flunkies and an Alt Universe Herald of Galactus on its squad it's a wonder that there are even 2000 of them left.

It is surprising it has taken this long and you are right, at least it was done by an epic line up of powerful villains.

I wonder if it is 2000 of just the golden city or all of the surounding tribes as well

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

That scene with the dead X-Men? Probably my favorite in years.

end of spoilers
    No, no one has to admit that. That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, looking forward to reading the issue myself and then wishing it never happened.

Is this a "8 months till Time Runs Out" bannered book, as well as Avengers #35? That means this is 8 months in the future, right?