Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Absolutely brutal issue. I did not expect Wanda destroyed. If anything, I think once word got out about the Incursions the outside world decided Wakanda was an acceptable price to pay for the continued existence of the universe. If anything, this reminds of what T'Challa's ancestors have said regarding what it takes in terms of being a king. How you must do anything to ensure survival.

I do wonder why the Illuminati get hunted why the Cabal are given free reign. Perhaps done to appease their would be saviors?

Regarding Doom, he was entirely spot on. I think we will Doom's plan merge with what the Savage Land Avengers crew are doing.

Edit: That alt Earth with the X-Men was just so brutal. Terrax's dialogue along with Corvus was so telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    No one wants to hear me say it but I will anyway.

I was expecting Wakanda to get blowed up real good six years ago.

So I'm not shocked that its happening now.

Considering that the Cabal is has Thanos, two of Thanos' arch flunkies and an Alt Universe Herald of Galactus on its squad it's a wonder that there are even 2000 of them left.
    I think Bast during Hickman's FF run said something worse than AvX was going to happen. So this was coming down the pike.

But the nice thing about comics is that once this event is over, Wakanda can magically be rebuilt in a week and a half. I know some BP fans will understandably feel differently than I do, but marvel cities get blow up and rebuilt overnight on a fairly regular basis I sort of get de-sensitived to it. 2 years from now Wakanda will be as good as new like none of this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is this a "8 months till Time Runs Out" bannered book, as well as Avengers #35? That means this is 8 months in the future, right?
    Yes. Both books are eight months in the future from everything else, which, according to editorial will catch up in April. In theory Hickman's run will end with an event that everything participates in. Possibly the UU, too.

Is this really where the MU is headed because between Avengers and New Avengers it looks bleak as hell.

I'm really hoping Shuri survives but those are tough odds.

Also, are the Avengers in league with Thanos' crew (the real leader of the Cabal)!? Why would they hunt the Illuminati if everyone knows about the Cabal.

Man this is all so effed up.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Is this really where the MU is headed because between Avengers and New Avengers it looks bleak as hell.

Also, are the Avengers in league with Thanos' crew (the real leader of the Cabal)!? Why would they hunt the Illuminati if everyone knows about the Cabal.

Yeah everything is bleak. Reminds me of what Black Swan said at the beginning. Everything is destroyed in the wheel. I do think SHIELD/Avengers are colluding with the Cabal.

Extraordinary Member

My guess?

Tony Stark (and the rest of the Illuminati) have pissed Steve Rogers off one time too many. Oh, he'll get to the Cabal but only AFTER he sees the Illuminati pay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Bast during Hickman's FF run said something worse than AvX was going to happen. So this was coming down the pike.

But the nice thing about comics is that once this event is over, Wakanda can magically be rebuilt in a week and a half. I know some BP fans will understandably feel differently than I do, but marvel cities get blow up and rebuilt overnight on a fairly regular basis I sort of get de-sensitived to it. 2 years from now Wakanda will be as good as new like none of this happened.
    On panel Wakanda recovered from AvX in a few weeks. The comic landed 3-4 months after the end of AvX and we are still hearing complaints about that event 3 years later even with the destruction of Atlantis at the hands of Wakandans. Needless to say we will be hearing about this for years to come and Wakanda will probably recover on panel again in 2-4 weeks . Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Absolutely brutal issue. I did not expect Wanda destroyed. If anything, I think once word got out about the Incursions the outside world decided Wakanda was an acceptable price to pay for the continued existence of the universe. If anything, this reminds of what T'Challa's ancestors have said regarding what it takes in terms of being a king. How you must do anything to ensure survival.

I do wonder why the Illuminati get hunted why the Cabal are given free reign. Perhaps done to appease their would be saviors?
    spoilers:
    That would explain why the rest of the world wouldn't help T'challa in his time of need, but even S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers would put aside the Hunt for the Illuminati to TRY To help Wakanda out
    end of spoilers

My guess?

Tony Stark (and the rest of the Illuminati) have pissed Steve Rogers off one time too many. Oh, he'll get to the Cabal but only AFTER he sees the Illuminati pay.
    And it looks like it will lead to this. Nice job breaking it, hero.

I wonder if this will get time gemmed away.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

It's possible the Avengers are hunting Thanos crew and we just haven't seen it yet. There are a lot more Avengers than what we saw going after the Illuminati.

It's an interesting question though. A lot of what we're seeing is somewhat hard to understand and right now we're only getting small pieces of info. I'll probably all start making more sense as we get more issues and a bigger sense of the whole picture.

There are a few things I forgot to bring up about Doom's plan.

spoilers:

The latverian incursion led to Doom finding and destroying a mapmaker, and with the help of Tinkerer and a slew of scientists, they reverse-engineered the mapmaker's map.

In other words, Doom is the closest to finding the source of the Incursion, and with Molecule Man, he's also found a way to recreate incursions in order to find a way to stop them.

Doom is the Man.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    There are a few things I forgot to bring up about Doom's plan.

spoilers:

The latverian incursion led to Doom finding and destroying a mapmaker, and with the help of Tinkerer and a slew of scientists, they reverse-engineered the mapmaker's map.

In other words, Doom is the closest to finding the source of the Incursion, and with Molecule Man, he's also found a way to recreate incursions in order to find a way to stop them.

Doom is the Man.
    end of spoilers
    All hope lies in Doom.
    Pull List:

My guess?

I think there has to be more to it than that. I don't think Steve would ever be SO angry at Tony that he'd completely ignore the presence of Thanos on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's possible the Avengers are hunting Thanos crew and we just haven't seen it yet. There are a lot more Avengers than what we saw going after the Illuminati.

It's an interesting question though. A lot of what we're seeing is somewhat hard to understand and right now we're only getting small pieces of info. I'll probably all start making more sense as we get more issues and a bigger sense of the whole picture.
    It's possible but SHIELD is hellbent on taking out the Illuminati though.

I'm sure some Avengers did try to help out Wakanda. Regardless of they felt about their actions they wouldn't want to see slaughter on such scale.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    YEAH...but you have to admit in a way spoilers:
    I mean if what the Wakandans believe about Outsiders is true, then it's their just deserve punishment that the Cabal Slaughters them. I mean did they even try to call for outside help. I would expect even Steve Rogers would put aside his vendetta against the Illuminati and that S.H.I.E.L.D would help out regardless what the Wakandans feel about them. It's partly their fault for their pride of being a superior nation that got them this way. Also, Namor's people are scattered thanks to them.
    end of spoilers
    I... I actually agree. Do you remember the issue where BP is in "the garden" (totally ripped from the doctors garden in the authority by the way#tackytheft)? There's this flashback memory of where it shows all these people coming to the wankandans for help over what seems like... centuries maybe, but in it they just showed them at multiple times letting people just die outside their walls.
    I right then knew they were going to be destroyed. Every "golden city" must fall inevitably.
    Sooo...NOT Asking for help does NOT = to deserving to be slaughtered.

Yet, no one lifting a finger WHILE you're being slaughtered? It seems a karmic justice in terms of the story.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.