Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think there has to be more to it than that. I don't think Steve would ever be SO angry at Tony that he'd completely ignore the presence of Thanos on earth.
    The last issue of the OS arc of Avengers indicates that Steve is that petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    All hope lies in Doom.
    I'm actually kind of glad Hickman kept Doom off the board for the first 2 acts of the story and are having him operate solo rather than with the Illuminati or the Cabal.

Being being a one man team at least as of now is kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    The last issue of the OS arc of Avengers indicates that Steve is that petty.
    At that point in time he didn't know about Thanos or the Cabal though. Interestingly enough, the Kangs and future Avengers don't even mention them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    No, no one has to admit that. That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, looking forward to reading the issue myself and then wishing it never happened.
    spoilers:
    Let me try to explain things with an example, when Dr. Doom stage a coup on Wakanda, T'challa took him out at the cost of the country's precious metal. The Avengers and other heroes help rebuilt Wakanda in the aftermath. Avengers vs X-men sort of destroyed that because despite the anger of the people, they could not even tell good X-men from Cyclops X-men.

I mean the reason why the people tolerated Storm during the Marriage, was due to the will of their King.

I mean did we see ANYONE from the nation cry out for help during the fight, I would expect that despite his grudge with the Illuminati, that Captain America and S.H.I.E.L.D would help out during the fight, even though none of the people of Wakanda TRUST outsiders, beside their former King T'CHala, and possible Sister Shuri.

Now do you see what I'm getting at. It's partly their distrust of outsiders, the King's favor for more worldly connections and trust with outsiders, and their prideful superiority to other countries that resulted in this devastation to their land.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

It's possible the Avengers are hunting Thanos crew and we just haven't seen it yet. There are a lot more Avengers than what we saw going after the Illuminati.

It's an interesting question though. A lot of what we're seeing is somewhat hard to understand and right now we're only getting small pieces of info. I'll probably all start making more sense as we get more issues and a bigger sense of the whole picture.
    I wonder if the Avengers don't know the difference and think they are all just the illuminati? I mean Cap has to be aware that Reed and Stark took Thanos right?

I think there has to be more to it than that. I don't think Steve would ever be SO angry at Tony that he'd completely ignore the presence of Thanos on earth.
    That's what I'm saying. How are Tony, BP, Hulk, CB, Amadeus Cho, Beast, and Black Bolt even on the radar when Thanos, Terrax, two of the Cull Obsidian, Maximus, and Namor are wiping out nations and off galavanting and doing what they do.

Also, I wonder if their are other "rogue factions" of the Avengers that are helping the Illuminati.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I wonder if the Avengers don't know the difference and think they are all just the illuminati? I mean Cap has to be aware that Reed and Stark took Thanos right?
    I don't think so. Remember what Sue asked Cho? She went through all the Illuminati members. So that indicates they know a difference exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Is this really where the MU is headed because between Avengers and New Avengers it looks bleak as hell.

I'm really hoping Shuri survives but those are tough odds.

Also, are the Avengers in league with Thanos' crew (the real leader of the Cabal)!? Why would they hunt the Illuminati if everyone knows about the Cabal.

Man this is all so effed up.

If some of the Avengers are in league with Thanos, coudl this explain why it seems like some broke off from them (like Thor/Hyperion) and seem to be doing their own thing?

Man, this time jump just leaves so many questinos
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I think Bast during Hickman's FF run said something worse than AvX was going to happen. So this was coming down the pike.

But the nice thing about comics is that once this event is over, Wakanda can magically be rebuilt in a week and a half. I know some BP fans will understandably feel differently than I do, but marvel cities get blow up and rebuilt overnight on a fairly regular basis I sort of get de-sensitived to it. 2 years from now Wakanda will be as good as new like none of this happened.
    I am having a DBZ vibe where things will balance out (in the end) in spite of the near extermination of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If some of the Avengers are in league with Thanos, coudl this explain why it seems like some broke off from them (like Thor/Hyperion) and seem to be doing their own thing?

Man, this time jump just leaves so many questinos
    I hope that isn't the case because one cover showed FalCap hunting for the Illuminati. I'd hate for his tenure as captain America to feature him as a subordinate to Thanos.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Let me try to explain things with an example, when Dr. Doom stage a coup on Wakanda, T'challa took him out at the cost of the country's precious metal. The Avengers and other heroes help rebuilt Wakanda in the aftermath. Avengers vs X-men sort of destroyed that because despite the anger of the people, they could not even tell good X-men from Cyclops X-men.

I mean the reason why the people tolerated Storm during the Marriage, was due to the will of their King.

I mean did we see ANYONE from the nation cry out for help during the fight, I would expect that despite his grudge with the Illuminati, that Captain America and S.H.I.E.L.D would help out during the fight, even though none of the people of Wakanda TRUST outsiders, beside their former King T'CHala, and possible Sister Shuri.

Now do you see what I'm getting at. It's partly their distrust of outsiders, the King's favor for more worldly connections and trust with outsiders, and their prideful superiority to other countries that resulted in this devastation to their land.
    end of spoilers
    Proof.jpg

The end. It really doesn't matter whether Wakanda begged or not, as much as you would have liked them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I... I actually agree. Do you remember the issue where BP is in "the garden" (totally ripped from the doctors garden in the authority by the way#tackytheft)? There's this flashback memory of where it shows all these people coming to the wankandans for help over what seems like... centuries maybe, but in it they just showed them at multiple times letting people just die outside their walls.
    I right then knew they were going to be destroyed. Every "golden city" must fall inevitably.
    Sooo...NOT Asking for help does NOT = to deserving to be slaughtered.

Yet, no one lifting a finger WHILE you're being slaughtered? It seems a karmic justice in terms of the story.
    In a karmic kind of storytelling sense you can argue Hickman sort of set it up that way. Wakandan kinds didn't care about helping anyone else in the past, so when Wakanda needed help no one came to their aid.

Of course, in modern day times Wakanda has helped others and we know others have helped Wakanda. Super hero community at least. I think we all know that if they were able to other heroes would have tried to help. The Illuminati at least, if T'Challa is a member of that group. I assume they either couldn't help or failed to help.

A far as non-super hero world, against Thanos help likely wouldn't have mattered.

So Wakanda, Attilan, and Atlantis have been destroyed in the course of Hickman's run. Which nation is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    So Wakanda, Attilan, and Atlantis have been destroyed in the course of Hickman's run. Which nation is next?
    Given that Doom is choosing to become a player in the game, Latveria would likely be the next potential option.

BANNED

Given that Doom is choosing to become a player in the game, Latveria would likely be the next potential option.
    Yeah, but DOOM is DOOM, so you know he has a back-up plans that the others never had, because he's DOOM.