Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1535
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Attachment 10310

    The end. It really doesn't matter whether Wakanda begged or not, as much as you would have liked them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a karmic kind of storytelling sense you can argue Hickman sort of set it up that way. Wakandan kinds didn't care about helping anyone else in the past, so when Wakanda needed help no one came to their aid.

    Of course, in modern day times Wakanda has helped others and we know others have helped Wakanda. Super hero community at least. I think we all know that if they were able to other heroes would have tried to help. The Illuminati at least, if T'Challa is a member of that group. I assume they either couldn't help or failed to help.

    A far as non-super hero world, against Thanos help likely wouldn't have mattered.
    Xpac counter your argument. Plus, I would believe that S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers would TRY to help, but be stretch too thin to do so.

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think there has to be more to it than that. I don't think Steve would ever be SO angry at Tony that he'd completely ignore the presence of Thanos on earth.
    Ignore, no?

    If Steve didn't know about Thanos' status at the end of Infinty, he might very well assume that they were all in on it together.

    Who was in charge of locking Thanos up, after all? It was Tony who told Steve/Cap that Thanos was secure.

    Tony who keeps @#$&ing Steve over.

    I could see a "thinking the worst" Steve assuming that the Illuminati sprung Thanos themselves. For all Steve knows this is an internal power struggle between the Illuminati.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-24-2014 at 07:32 AM.

  3. #48
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,591

    Default

    Can someone clear up the Wakanda destroyed thing for people who have the issue handy? I only had time to read it real quick before heading back to work


    - it sounds like someone betrayed Wakanda/Illuminati and feeding them false information?

    - T'challa was getting the bombs to blackmail leverage somebody... who? The rest of the Earth? The Avengers?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #49
    Veteran Member Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given that Doom is choosing to become a player in the game, Latveria would likely be the next potential option.
    I think Latveria is being destroyed but not in Hickman's books but due to AXIS. Today's Loki issue showed the seeds for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can someone clear up the Wakanda destroyed thing for people who have the issue handy? I only had time to read it real quick before heading back to work


    - it sounds like someone betrayed Wakanda/Illuminati and feeding them false information?

    - T'challa was getting the bombs to blackmail leverage somebody... who? The rest of the Earth? The Avengers?
    1. Yes, someone provided them false information that all of the Cabal would be on the other Earth during the Incursion.

    2. It was not revealed who they would be blackmailing.

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's what I'm saying. How are Tony, BP, Hulk, CB, Amadeus Cho, Beast, and Black Bolt even on the radar when Thanos, Terrax, two of the Cull Obsidian, Maximus, and Namor are wiping out nations and off galavanting and doing what they do.

    Also, I wonder if their are other "rogue factions" of the Avengers that are helping the Illuminati.
    If the Cabal are only encountering Incursions, nobody knows they exist. This could all be hidden inside the Wakanda hidden city. It would take Namor telling the world about this, if the Illuminati haven't hunted down Namor to find out who stopped the last Incursion in NA #23, to find out. So to my mind, the Avengers hunt the Illuminati, the Cabal deal with Incursions in secret.

  6. #51
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Ignore, no?

    If Steve didn't know about Thanos' status at the end of Infinty, he might very well assume that they were all in on it together.

    Who was in charge of locking Thanos up, after all? It was Tony who told Cap Thanos was secure.

    Tony who keep @#$&ing Steve over.

    I could see a "thinking the worst" Steve assuming that the Illuminati sprung Thanos themselves. For all Steve knows this is an internal power struggle between the Illuminati.
    Considering that Namor, a member of the Illuminati, is working with the Cabal the assumption isn't really that far off I suppose.

    Either way I'm going to assume that the Avengers and SHIELD are attempting to deal with both the Cabal and Illuminati until the story presents reasons why they wouldn't. I just don't buy the idea that no one gives a dam that Thanos is walking around. To me that's too big of a stretch. They're either trying to deal with him, or there's a darn good reason they're not.

  7. #52
    Amazing Member MB99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    If the Cabal are only encountering Incursions, nobody knows they exist. This could all be hidden inside the Wakanda hidden city. It would take Namor telling the world about this, if the Illuminati haven't hunted down Namor to find out who stopped the last Incursion in NA #23, to find out. So to my mind, the Avengers hunt the Illuminati, the Cabal deal with Incursions in secret.
    The world knows the Cabal exist, they said in this issue that the world watched them destroy Wakanda

  8. #53
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Xpac counter your argument. Plus, I would believe that S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers would TRY to help, but be stretch too thin to do so.
    But, per this issue they didn't.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  9. #54
    Veteran Member Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Considering that Namor, a member of the Illuminati, is working with the Cabal the assumption isn't really that far off I suppose.

    Either way I'm going to assume that the Avengers and SHIELD are attempting to deal with both the Cabal and Illuminati until the story presents reasons why they wouldn't. I just don't buy the idea that no one gives a dam that Thanos is walking around. To me that's too big of a stretch. They're either trying to deal with him, or there's a darn good reason they're not.
    I don't see why this is any different. An African nation burns, the world watches, happy it isn't them.

    Sounds typical to me.

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Ignore, no?

    If Steve didn't know about Thanos' status at the end of Infinty, he might very well assume that they were all in on it together.

    Who was in charge of locking Thanos up, after all? It was Tony who told Steve/Cap that Thanos was secure.


    I could see a "thinking the worst" Steve assuming that the Illuminati sprung Thanos themselves. For all Steve knows this is an internal power struggle between the Illuminati.
    This is more or less my line of thinking. I agree with Mahes that most of the illuminati are known but pretty much all the players let loose on Wakanda are known to be connected or in the "care" of the Illuminati. It could Easily be assumed that they are all connected.

    I guess it is something hopefully to be revealed at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I don't see why this is any different. An African nation burns, the world watches, happy it isn't them.

    Sounds typical to me.
    .....the U.S. Gives around 70 billion dollars of foreign aid each year. A total of 25 or the 54 countries in Africa are recipients of this help.

    Your statement is slightly over dramatic. Considering this is a nation in a comic book and one that has openly stated they are opposed to outsiders and has turned down alliances, foreign, help, and simple communication/information sharing in the past.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-24-2014 at 07:49 AM.

  11. #56
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    If the Cabal are only encountering Incursions, nobody knows they exist. This could all be hidden inside the Wakanda hidden city. It would take Namor telling the world about this, if the Illuminati haven't hunted down Namor to find out who stopped the last Incursion in NA #23, to find out. So to my mind, the Avengers hunt the Illuminati, the Cabal deal with Incursions in secret.
    In this very issue they said the world watched and did nothing as the Cabal destroyed Wakanda. They aren't a secret.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  12. #57
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    2. It was not revealed who they would be blackmailing.
    He said he would use it to make the rest of the world feel shamed at letting Wakanda die. It was actually very petty, but that said they did let his nation die, so I guess you can forgive pettiness.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  13. #58
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I don't see why this is any different. An African nation burns, the world watches, happy it isn't them.

    Sounds typical to me.
    The world outside your window.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Yes. Both books are eight months in the future from everything else, which, according to editorial will catch up in April. In theory Hickman's run will end with an event that everything participates in. Possibly the UU, too.
    If this issue is set 8 months in the future, a lot has gone on in between, and it's almost impossible to extrapolate accurately enough to fill in all the blanks at this stage. We also have to remember, Sue leads a SHIELD Avengers team now, and her husband has been missing for a while now. Something happened in AXIS that changes a few things by the time we get to Avengers #35 and NA #24.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Consider: everybody who has the tech to tell when an incursion is hapening is either Dr. Doom or in the Illuminati already.

    The illuminati either kicked Steve/Cap out before installing his signal device or they took it away from him after the mindwipe. He's got no way of tracking this stuff on his own.

    Maybe that is why Steve wants to capture the Illuminati so badly. Not just because he's pissed(but he is REALLY pissed).

    He needs actionable intel.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •