Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    The world knows the Cabal exist, they said in this issue that the world watched them destroy Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    In this very issue they said the world watched and did nothing as the Cabal destroyed Wakanda. They aren't a secret.
    Then why are some posters here questioning if the Cabal destroyed Wakanda? It mustn't be all that clear cut?

BANNED

I think the leaders of the World sold Wakanda in change for Universe continued existence, at least is what I took from the issue.

He said he would use it to make the rest of the world feel shamed at letting Wakanda die. It was actually very petty, but that said they did let his nation die, so I guess you can forgive pettiness.
    Does that mean Panther wants to blow up the Earth, if he took the planet busters for this reason?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Then why are some posters here questioning if the Cabal destroyed Wakanda? It mustn't be all that clear cut?
    If they are questioning it, then they didn't read the issue. It's crystal clear, all the way to Proxima utilizing the forces that destroyed Wakanda to attack Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I don't see why this is any different. An African nation burns, the world watches, happy it isn't them.

Sounds typical to me.
    Even if you don't give a dam about Wakanda though, one would assume plenty of people are worried about Thanos. That's the part I don't entirely buy. They should be very worried that he's walking around. And that's where this scenario differs from any real world one.

Does that mean Panther wants to blow up the Earth, if he took the planet busters for this reason?
    No, just put the entire incursion situation to a screeching halt.

Honestly, it's a bad plan. One made out of anger and desperation. But after what the Cabal did, I'd be hella pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    I think the leaders of the World sold Wakanda in change for Universe continued existence, at least is what I took from the issue.
    I suppose on paper that's not a bad deal, considering there's not a whole lot the rest of the world could do about Thanos anyways.

Hopefully if such an agreement exists, it's just a way for everyone to buy time while they try and figure out what to do about him. I just can't buy this notion that everyone is okay with Thanos just hanging around. There's gotta be more to it than that.

He said he would use it to make the rest of the world feel shamed at letting Wakanda die. It was actually very petty, but that said they did let his nation die, so I guess you can forgive pettiness.
    Yeah, I can understand his feelings on the situation. All of Wakanda was sold out as the price for existence.

Not that I think it's what T'Challa had in mind, but blowing up earth certainly is one way of dealing with the problem. Arguably the best way, as far as we know.

But that's okay... Doom is on the case. He'll figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    .....the U.S. Gives around 70 billion dollars of foreign aid each year. (Another reason this very nation is in debt) A total of 25 or the 54 countries in Africa are recipients of this help.
    Yeah, don't get into it with me. I have family in African politics (rather not say which country), and know enough about modern colonialism to take this apart. Because it's a topic very close to me, I'm going to leave it alone.

And Wakanda has helped out numerous times as well. Sold high and dry regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Your statement is slightly over dramatic. Considering this is a nation in a comic book and one that has openly stated they are opposed to outsiders and has turned down alliances, foreign, help, and simple communication/information sharing in the past.

in the distant past

I mean ****... Wakanda was JUST used in the AvX event as a base for the Avengers.. and got destroyed because of it.

This isolation stuff was pre-T'challa.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose on paper that's not a bad deal, considering there's not a whole lot the rest of the world could do about Thanos anyways.
    rest
    Hopefully if such an agreement exists, it's just a way for everyone to buy time while they try and figure out what to do about him. I just can't buy this notion that everyone is okay with Thanos just hanging around. There's gotta be more to it than that.
    If you're thinking of it in terms of survival? Then yeah it's a good deal. But if the Avengers are now just thinking about survival than they are a bunch of hypocritical jackasses. How is sacrificing Wakanda for the sake of the rest of the world any different than the Illuminati being willing to sacrifice other earths for the sake of two universes, which is the reason why the Avengers are hunting the Illuminati in the first place.

this issue really screwed me up as a black panther fan. Now, T'challa has nothing to lose now. a lot of things must have happened between 8 months
    it was funny to see how doom rejected namor's offer of helping him out

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even if you don't give a dam about Wakanda though, one would assume plenty of people are worried about Thanos. That's the part I don't entirely buy. They should be very worried that he's walking around. And that's where this scenario differs from any real world one.
    Where would SHIELD and the Avengers even go to look for Thanos? Once they found him assuming they even could find him, what would they do about it?

Unless I misread the last issue of Avengers, Hyperion, Thor, Starbrand and Nightmask wanted no part of the Tony/Steve slapfight and went and did other stuff. Cannonball, Sunspot, Smasher and Eden Fesi went to make thier own plans.

Captain Universe has more or less been AWOL since the end of Infinty.

As near as I can tell, Steve has got Cap/Falc, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Invisible Woman and an odd number of War Machine drones on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    If they are questioning it, then they didn't read the issue. It's crystal clear, all the way to Proxima utilizing the forces that destroyed Wakanda to attack Shuri.
    Thanks.

Then it's quite possible due to AXIS that T'Challa and Shuri were inverted and were Allies of the Red Skull, and the Cabal broke their country. After AXIS, nobody cared what happened because everybody was a villain during AXIS, so everybody let bygones be bygones, and nobody cared what the Cabal did during AXIS? A lot of water has gone under the bridge in 8 months.