Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The only thing you've highlighted is Namor was the dumbest sob, even more so than cap. You don't make a deal with Thanos, period. He has been making a slew of bone-headed judgment calls since the middle of this crisis. I can't wait to see what happens to Namor whenever Thanos is done making a simp outta him
    Working with Thanos actually makes sense. Though there are risks in working with him, he's actually an ideal person for the role he's being placed in.

He's willing to do what needs to be done, and is powerful enough to do it. Plus, he's potentially very handy as far as finding the Great Destroyer (as he's arguably even smarter and more resourceful than Reed or Doom), and potentially powerful enough to deal with him if it comes to that.

Which again isn't to say that there aren't downsides. But this far he's proven capable of doing the job. And the univese continues to spin in large part because of Thanos holding the line.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    that's not proactively killing everyone. Even if they blew up the planet as stated before if they did blow up the planet it would've only stalled the inevitable. The Cabal blowing up planets only brings them closer to the death of everything. The only one really saving anyone is the ones who figure out how to stop the incursions. Blowing up planets only makes your death later in the timeline.
    But that's still saving lives. And you also have to consider if everyone dies in an the present incursion, someone stopping the next one won't really but a possibility.

I just find it bizarre that so many try and trivialize the importance of what the Cabal is doing. If they don't stop the incursions everyone in the universe dies. No one can be saved later if everyone dies today. So even if someone else solves the problem, they were only able to do it because they weren't killed in an incursion which was prevented by the Cabal. So everyone NOT dying is a pretty darn important element in solving the problem. The value of not being dead really shouldn't even need to be explained as often as it needs to in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Namor can go toe to toe with Sentry and Hulk. Especially underwater. Some no-names from Wakanda would not have stood a chance.
    Lol no

Sentry is to Namor what XMEN TAS Apocalypse is to mutants

Sentry is/was on some next level other ****

Like no, he can hang with Hulk and is objectively faster, but Sentry punked Terrax. Namor couldnt take Terrax on his best day, or Terrax on his worst. Sentry could pull humsekf back together from being atomized and took on Worldbreaker Hulk. That dude is on a level Namor is barely scratching.

Sentry>Namor

You shouldve left it at Hulk. If Namor could go toe to toe with Sentry, he could've regulated most of the Cabal except Thanos. As it is hes sitting pretty at like 3rd/4th.

Namor is powerful but the Sentry eclipses him in everything. Speed, strength, durability, and the man can even pull himself back together from having his atoms dispersed.
    Last edited by Froggy; 09-26-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Lol no

Like no, he can hang with Hulk and is objectively faster, but Sentry punked Terrax. Namor couldnt take Terrax on his best day, or Terrax on his worst. Sentry could pull humsekf back together from being atomized and took on Worldbreaker Hulk. That dude is on a level Namir is barely scratching.

Sentry>Namor

You shouldve left it at Hulk. If Namor could go toe to toe with Sentry, he could've regulated most of the Cabal except Thanos. As it is hes sitting pretty at like 3rd/4th.

Namor is powerful but the Sentry eclipses him in everything. Speed, strength, durability, and the man can even pull himself back together from having his atoms dispersed.
    The powers of the Sentry when combined together make him so much powerful than what he has shown in many of his fights. Sentry has the powers of the Molecule Man and effortlessly disintegrated him for heavens sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The powers of the Sentry when combined together make him so much powerful than what he has shown in many of his fights. Sentry has the powers of the Molecule Man and effortlessly disintegrated him for heavens sakes.
    Yea Sentry is bananas in more ways than one. I wonder if they've fought an Alt. Sentry yet?

Yea Sentry is bananas in more ways than one. I wonder if they've fought an Alt. Sentry yet?
    I say only Cancerverse or a earth which are ruled by The Beyonder or Molecule Man.....or face an evil version of Adam Warlock.

The only thing you've highlighted is Namor was the dumbest sob, even more so than cap. You don't make a deal with Thanos, period. He has been making a slew of bone-headed judgment calls since the middle of this crisis. I can't wait to see what happens to Namor whenever Thanos is done making a simp outta him
    Adam Warlock did when he created the Infinity Watch as did the Guardians of the Galaxy when the cancerverse was invading, he's a monster but he does have his own twisted sense of honour. Better to have him on your side than against you at the very least.

BANNED

Lol no

Like no, he can hang with Hulk and is objectively faster, but Sentry punked Terrax. Namor couldnt take Terrax on his best day, or Terrax on his worst. Sentry could pull humsekf back together from being atomized and took on Worldbreaker Hulk. That dude is on a level Namor is barely scratching.

Sentry>Namor

Lol, that's all well and good, but Hulk has beaten Sentry and Namor has, in fact, gone toe to toe with Sentry.

It's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I say only Cancerverse or a earth which are ruled by The Beyonder or Molecule Man.....or face an evil version of Adam Warlock.
    Evil Warlock? That'd be worth seeing Thanos wtf. Idk if the Cancerverse is accessible though, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Lol, that's all well and good, but Hulk has beaten Sentry and Namor has, in fact, gone toe to toe with Sentry.

It's canon.
    Lol at toe to toe, you really stretching it there. Yea Sentry lost against Worldbreaker hulk but SPANKED Terrax, yknow, a herald of Galactus.

That's canon, and so is siege, so is him dropping wolverine when Namor couldn't, him spanking Thor in UncannyAvengers and blowing up Molecule Man's spot

I mean Namor has done that, never? Namor didn't go toe to toe, he hit Sentry, but Sentry wasn't even fazed, and considering the things Sentry has done show him on a higher level than Namor or Hulk. He atomized Molecule Man, and he probably would've kept all of The Cabal in line through sheer insanity, or snapped and murderized most of them.

So uh Namor fought Sentry in Avengers/Invaders, and I distinctly remember an issue of new avengers where Namor said he'd try to stop Sentry and promptly got slammed through a building. Called Sentry a gibbering schizoid and then got smashed through the building.

That doesn't seem like going toe to toe, seemed like Sentry wasn't even serious with him. He got serious with Hulk and they shifted tectonic plates.

Namor can put down Hulk fast enough he's not a threat, but Sentry is on that Thor/Hyperion/Blue Marvel tier and had never been shown to do much against these guys, period.
    Last edited by Froggy; 09-26-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Evil Warlock? That'd be worth seeing Thanos wtf. Idk if the Cancerverse is accessible though, is it?

Lol at toe to toe, you really stretching it there. Yea Sentry lost against Worldbreaker hulk but SPANKED Terrax, yknow, a herald of Galactus.

That's canon, and so is siege, so is him dropping wolverine when Namor couldn't, him spanking Thor in UncannyAvengers and blowing up Molecule Man's spot

I mean Namor has done that, never? Namor didn't go toe to toe, he hit Sentry, but Sentry wasn't even fazed, and considering the things Sentry has done show him on a higher level than Namor or Hulk. He atomized Molecule Man, and he probably would've kept all of The Cabal in line through sheer insanity, or snapped and murderized most of them.

So uh Namor fought Sentry in Avengers/Invaders, and I distinctly remember an issue of new avengers where Namor said he'd try to stop Sentry and promptly got slammed through a building. Called Sentry a gibbering schizoid and then got smashed through the building.

That doesn't seem like going toe to toe, seemed like Sentry wasn't even serious with him. He got serious with Hulk and they shifted tectonic plates.

Namor can put down Hulk fast enough he's not a threat, but Sentry is on that Thor/Hyperion/Blue Marvel tier and had never been shown to do much against these guys, period.
    Magus is technically the evil version of Adam Warlock.

Sentry as a Horseman Of Death was even more powered up, Thor killed the regular form of Sentry even when he was Voiding out. After giving Thor a run for his money, he then got ate up by a space Tremors worm for lunch and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Magus is technically the evil version of Adam Warlock.

Sentry as a Horseman Of Death was even more powered up, Thor killed the regular form of Sentry even when he was Voiding out. After giving Thor a run for his money, he then got ate up by a space Tremors worm for lunch and that was that.
    Yea Magus technically is but after that recent miniseries I'm wondering if he exists

Yea Siege was weird, like didn't sentry wanna die? Isn't that why Thor could kill him, when before that he was getting his clock cleaned?

Yea Magus technically is but after that recent miniseries I'm wondering if he exists

Yea Siege was weird, like didn't sentry wanna die? Isn't that why Thor could kill him, when before that he was getting his clock cleaned?
    Well then that calls into question if he can only die if he wants to, how did the Apocalypse Twins bring him back, particularly when his remains were dumped into the sun and his funeral was merely ceremonial since there was nothing to bury? He kept bringing his wife back to life and it was suggested he was an avatar for the the Biblical Angel Of Death and the Void was an aspect of that being, so it may have been a case where he could only die by choosing to... but then what does that make the space worm?

Do you mean The Annihilators series? I was actually hoping Ronan would reform them for Infinity even if Nova was out of the picture since Gladiator and Ronan were already united in battle again, Surfer, Quasar and Beta Ray Bill would have been a lot more useful than Shang Chi, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Falcon and some of the other easier to kill mortal members of the team.

I also want to see what happens to him but first I want him to try to tell Thanos that he should stop enjoying the slaughter. Does he have the guts to do that? Or does he need someone to be there holding his hand (Doom)?

I remember a New Avengers issue where the whole Illuminati tried to take down Terrax, they failed until Black Bolt screamed at him and put him down. So I think Terrax should be able to Manhandle Namor easily if need be.
    The members of the Illuminati have been carved up by some fans for being weak hypocrites for building the bombs but deciding not to use them.

Well I will label Namor as a hypocritical Idiot who unleashed the Cabal and now is upset that they enjoy their work. Namor started this and he claimed he was a monster, there is no going back now. He is Committed. I would have respected him more if he had stuck the course as a monster and continued to do what he felt needed to be done.
    Full disclosure I still wouldn't have been a fan of his.

I still can't get over the "together we can stand against such... common behavior" line. Was his plan to stand behind Thanos and give him a disapproving look? Anything else would have been suicide by confronting Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Well then that calls into question if he can only die if he wants to, how did the Apocalypse Twins bring him back, particularly when his remains were dumped into the sun and his funeral was merely ceremonial since there was nothing to bury? He kept bringing his wife back to life and it was suggested he was an avatar for the the Biblical Angel Of Death and the Void was an aspect of that being, so it may have been a case where he could only die by choosing to... but then what does that make the space worm?

Do you mean The Annihilators series? I was actually hoping Ronan would reform them for Infinity even if Nova was out of the picture since Gladiator and Ronan were already united in battle again, Surfer, Quasar and Beta Ray Bill would have been a lot more useful than Shang Chi, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Falcon and some of the other easier to kill mortal members of the team.
    i never bought the angel of death thing in New Avengers, and as for UA, that's a good question, but I guess Kang's tech and those twins can do quite a bit to bring people back.

Yea I'm still lost on the Space Worm. Maybe it was a tape worm Galactus had?

Well I was referring to that and that New Starlin graphic novel, there was some weird stuff there about Thanos and warlock being remade into new versions and fighting twisted versions of each other. The Annihilators were definitely a group I would've liked to see on earth during Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    I also want to see what happens to him but first I want him to try to tell Thanos that he should stop enjoying the slaughter. Does he have the guts to do that? Or does he need someone to be there holding his hand (Doom)?

I remember a New Avengers issue where the whole Illuminati tried to take down Terrax, they failed until Black Bolt screamed at him and put him down. So I think Terrax should be able to Manhandle Namor easily if need be.
    The members of the Illuminati have been carved up by some fans for being weak hypocrites for building the bombs but deciding not to use them.

Well I will label Namor as a hypocritical Idiot who unleashed the Cabal and now is upset that they enjoy their work. Namor started this and he claimed he was a monster, there is no going back now. He is Committed. I would have respected him more if he had stuck the course as a monster and continued to do what he felt needed to be done.
    Full disclosure I still wouldn't have been a fan of his.

I still can't get over the "together we can stand against such... common behavior" line. Was his plan to stand behind Thanos and give him a disapproving look? Anything else would have been suicide by confronting Thanos.
    Thanos lives to kill to pay tribute to his on-off girlfriend Death, might as well tell him to call her up and tell her that her skank ass ain't worth a dime. There is no good sense in that course of action. Namor was willing to do what had to be done, but I don't think he relishes murdering people. Terrax on the other hand does necro puppetry and Thanos makes people beg to die so they don't have to watch him kill their youngest proteges before he kills them. Namor is a pragmatist but he's not a sadist. He takes no joy in senseless slaughter and torture.

As I said a few pages back, Namor wanted a Seal Team Six, he ended up with a gang of SuperMax psychos instead.