Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Thanks.

Then it's quite possible due to AXIS that T'Challa and Shuri were inverted and were Allies of the Red Skull, and the Cabal broke their country. After AXIS, nobody cared what happened because everybody was a villain during AXIS, so everybody let bygones be bygones, and nobody cared what the Cabal did during AXIS? A lot of water has gone under the bridge in 8 months.
    Not possible because Tony is still inverted (see Superior).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yeah, don't get into it with me. I have family in African politics (rather not say which country), and know enough about modern colonialism to take this apart. Because it's a topic very close to me, I'm going to leave it alone.

And Wakanda has helped out numerous times as well. Sold high and dry regardless.
    I'm leave the real world out of it because it has not place in the discussion.since Wakanda is a fictional place.

But in terms of the outside world being obligated to help......let's look to the leaders of the past of this nation and why that may not have occurred.

You get what you give in the world. No need to bust out the violin for a nation known for the isolation and forgoing any aid what so ever. The only people they really have helped in the past is the various super teams in the MU. Clearly in this issue it obviously they were preoccupied.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-24-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

On the bright side, there are 1,800 more Wakandans left than there were mutants after Wanda's actions.

Hickman loves massive destruction. He's wiped out universes, planets, countries, cities ... it's pretty crazy how many have died and how little real emotion it elicits from readers or characters in story. To me, all this hugely suggests some major reset, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Where would SHIELD and the Avengers even go to look for Thanos? Once they found him assuming they even could find him, what would they do about it?

Unless I misread the last issue of Avengers, Hyperion, Thor, Starbrand and Nightmask wanted no part of the Tony/Steve slapfight and went and did other stuff. Cannonball, Sunspot, Smasher and Eden Fesi went to make thier own plans.

Captain Universe has more or less been AWOL since the end of Infinty.

As near as I can tell, Steve has got Cap/Falc, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Invisible Woman and an odd number of War Machine drones on his side.
    The question really isn't just about Steve... even if Hyperion, Thor and Star Brand aren't working with Steve why aren't they busy doing something about Thanos? There's got to be a piece to this that we're not getting, because even if they can't find him they should be looking. And maybe they are and we just haven't seen it yet.

As far as "what can Steve do about it..." on paper likely nothing. But that's never stopped him from trying before.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Man this issue was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    If you're thinking of it in terms of survival? Then yeah it's a good deal. But if the Avengers are now just thinking about survival than they are a bunch of hypocritical jackasses. How is sacrificing Wakanda for the sake of the rest of the world any different than the Illuminati being willing to sacrifice other earths for the sake of two universes, which is the reason why the Avengers are hunting the Illuminati in the first place.
    How established is this notion the Earth sacrificed destroying Wakanda to the Cabal?

How established is this notion the Earth sacrificed destroying Wakanda to the Cabal?
    It's in print.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Not possible because Tony is still inverted (see Superior).
    How is Tony still being inverted change things?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    On the bright side, there are 1,800 more Wakandans left than there were mutants after Wanda's actions.
    Loss of powers and loss of life aren't the same thing. Most of the mutants didn't die.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

How is Tony still being inverted change things?
    Because it means whatever happened in AXIS remains. And it's not just him; Deadpool is still Zen by the end of Axis as well if the tie-ins mean anything, as well as Carnage and Hobogoblin still being a good guy/book writer.

Also, how do we even know if Black Panther is even affected? Frankly, you're stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    It's in print.
    Holy moly. Does everybody realise what that means? The whole aspect of morality is being expanded from the Illuminati doing sacrifice, to everybody on Earth now doing it too. The MU sounds like it's really contaminated now, not just the Illuminati.

Because it means whatever happened in AXIS remains. And it's not just him; Deadpool is still Zen by the end of Axis as well if the tie-ins mean anything, as well as Carnage and Hobogoblin still being a good guy/book writer.

Also, how do we even know if Black Panther is even affected? Frankly, you're stretching.
    How do we know it remains for certain?

How do we know that after AXIS only certain people are still inverted and not all? There are explanations for what Tony and Hobgobby/Carnage are still inverted and not others. We just don't know do we?

that last page was amazing! i love doom so much more after this comic. and i feel bad for namor. he is not a genius scientist, he can only do so much. but doom looks to be going after the source!

so is wakanda completely wiped out or not?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not that I think it's what T'Challa had in mind, but blowing up earth certainly is one way of dealing with the problem. Arguably the best way, as far as we know.

But that's okay... Doom is on the case. He'll figure this out.
    Then people have to stop him. They have to send out search parties and stop Panther from doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that last page was amazing! i love doom so much more after this comic. and i feel bad for namor. he is not a genius scientist, he can only do so much. but doom looks to be going after the source!

so is wakanda completely wiped out or not?
    The nation state as it stood is gone, and the capital is rubble. There's a "Wakandan Diaspora" led by T'Challa and Shuri, so presumably, there's still some kind of Wakandan governmental organisation, even if they're without a country.
    On ye olde CBR