Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    so is wakanda completely wiped out or not?
    There are 1,500 people left so that's an extremely effective genocide. It's not enough to make them unable to repopulate... eventually, but Wakanda is gone.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    He said he would use it to make the rest of the world feel shamed at letting Wakanda die. It was actually very petty, but that said they did let his nation die, so I guess you can forgive pettiness.
    2 wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    There are 1,500 people left so that's an extremely effective genocide. It's not enough to make them unable to repopulate... eventually, but Wakanda is gone.
    they could perhaps flee to neighboring countries and settle there. if they hid amongst the other people it is possible they will escape full extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    2 wrongs don't make a right.
    It sure helped Namor destroy Wakanda.

Fantastic Member

I have no idea where Hickman is going with this story, or if he can satisfyingly end it. Jackolover commented about morality being affected, and I go back to the fact that the Living Tribunal, the embodiment of interdimensional justice, being unconscious/dead and wonder if that was a hint. Because of the Living Tribunal, I have always felt people's behaviors have been affected to a smaller degree to whatever incapacitated it. It would also help explain why heroes who have always figured things out are acting out of character. Strange being a killer, Namor being hopeless, Reed being indecisive etc. This whole thing seems to magnifying their most negative traits. Doom is always arrogant, so it was impossible to magnify it,

I will be relieved when this story has ended simply because until this issue, we had no one actively looking to track down the cause. I know the heroes would normally do, and that is very frustrating to me. I do hope Hickman intends to allow actual members of the Illuminati, outside of Black Panther, to actually do something to fix things, and not just hand it to Doom. I think he will.
    Last edited by Strangefan; 09-24-2014 at 12:51 PM.

this might have little to do with this thread but I am curious as to what this picture imply for the future of the illuminati?

new avengers pic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Then people have to stop him. They have to send out search parties and stop Panther from doing this.
    Like I said, I don't think that's actually what T'Challa is doing.

But certainly he's giving people reason to go after him.

Doesn't matter, he failed to do it anyway, and now Shuri's probably dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The nation state as it stood is gone, and the capital is rubble. There's a "Wakandan Diaspora" led by T'Challa and Shuri, so presumably, there's still some kind of Wakandan governmental organisation, even if they're without a country.

FORMERLY lead by Shuri.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't think T'challa was going to kill Earth for revenge

I mean, Reed knew why they were there. Reed wouldn't want the Earth destroyed with his family on it. No way he would have allowed T'challa and Shuri to do that.

They were goign to leverage for something else... not out of petty revenge for Wakanda.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    this might have little to do with this thread but I am curious as to what this picture imply for the future of the illuminati?

new avengers pic.jpg
    Covers being covers, it doesn't have to mean anything. If I had to guess, probably the re-structuring of the Illuminati, what with there being a bunch of new members.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they could perhaps flee to neighboring countries and settle there. if they hid amongst the other people it is possible they will escape full extermination.
    They did mention a diaspora, so it's possible more than 1500 survived. That's just the number they threw out in the issue for the Wakandan population. Not sure if that's survivors or people living in the ruins.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They were goign to leverage for something else...
    Like, "hey guys, stop chasing us."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    On the bright side, there are 1,800 more Wakandans left than there were mutants after Wanda's actions.

Hickman loves massive destruction. He's wiped out universes, planets, countries, cities ... it's pretty crazy how many have died and how little real emotion it elicits from readers or characters in story. To me, all this hugely suggests some major reset, though.
    The fan reaction is quite telling.

I also believe some sort of reset is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think T'challa was going to kill Earth for revenge

I mean, Reed knew why they were there. Reed wouldn't want the Earth destroyed with his family on it. No way he would have allowed T'challa and Shuri to do that.

They were goign to leverage for something else... not out of petty revenge for Wakanda.
    I don't htink he wanted to destory Earth, but having the planet killers definitely give him a pretty big microphone if he's trying to get a message out.
    Pull List: