Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I guess T'challa is going to be ordering Wakanda to basically be in spring break mode then because that's a lot of repopulating.
    Spring break mode was essetially T'Challas method of dealing with an incursion.

It may well be his go to plan for this sort of situation too.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Spring break mode was essetially T'Challas method of dealing with an incursion.

It may well be his go to plan for this sort of situation too.
    The best offense is a good "D".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Well Namor and Shuri, you *&%$ed up big time. Now neither has a kingdom to rule with your people caught in the crossfire. As to Wakanda's stance on the outside world its justified really much like The Watcher's race stance. Good to see Owen is still around I knew Sentry destroying him would eventually have him reconstituted.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

What a fantastic issue. When they met in the series, Reed pretty much dared Doom to find a sollution knowing he could find a new angle, and he did with the Mad Thinker's help.

Wakanda is doomed, a shame, but people who get in Thanos' way rarely do well.

Namor thinking he could remain the de facto leader in a team that has Thanos makes him a complete fool.

All hope lies in Doom.
    It's almost like Valeria knew what she was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Covers being covers, it doesn't have to mean anything. If I had to guess, probably the re-structuring of the Illuminati, what with there being a bunch of new members.
    I never really thought of it as a cover since i just saw it randomly but thanks for the information

Fantastic Member

Xavier should have said,

"Very well. Thanos, pleeeease....

... please understand, that Death will never return your love. Because you are unworthy of her, unworthy of any love. And you're a butthead."

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Xavier should have said,

... please understand, that Death will never return your love. Because you are unworthy of her, unworthy of any love. And you're a butthead."
    Chuck's balls aren't anywhere close to that big.
    On ye olde CBR

Extraordinary Member

Their borders are open. Wide open, with gaping holes all over them.
    A rebuilt Wakanda might have Kenyans, Congoese(?) Sierra Leonians(am I spelling any of these right?) or whoever wanted to escape where they were and to be down to assist with rebuilding as full citizens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Xavier should have said,

Foolish Xavier Death has returned my love countless times were on a hiatus. Now where were we, Ahh yesss mindless destruction! Good for the soul I always say!

At this point, I’m not sure the Illuminati will even have a chance to find a solution, so yeah, go Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Foolish Xavier Death has returned my love countless times were on a hiatus. Now where were we, Ahh yesss mindless destruction! Good for the soul I always say!
    Death: "Thanos, this is getting a little excessive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Death: "Thanos, this is getting a little excessive."
    No Annhilius is excessive, I'm merely going with the flow of things. Yesss.

Incredible Member

Can I ask why everyone is certain that the Avengers and Shield know of the Cabal? It seems the iluminati have been on the run for a while now and probably haven't informed their former allies of the existence of the other group, I mean Doom is only now being informed.

From a real life standpoint it makes sense that they'd get a message to Steve Rogers and co saying something like "I know you're mad at us right now but these other guys that are the real threat" but from a storytelling standpoint it probably makes sense to have these groups hunting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Absolutely brutal issue. I did not expect Wanda destroyed. If anything, I think once word got out about the Incursions the outside world decided Wakanda was an acceptable price to pay for the continued existence of the universe. If anything, this reminds of what T'Challa's ancestors have said regarding what it takes in terms of being a king. How you must do anything to ensure survival.
    I'm not sure I'm following. How does destroying Wakanda do anything to ensure survival of Earth or the universe? Does that in itself stop Incursions? Or was it done to steal world-destroying bombs from the armory in the necropolis, in which case it's hardly necessary to wreck the rest of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I do wonder why the Illuminati get hunted why the Cabal are given free reign. Perhaps done to appease their would be saviors?
    Is it clear in this issue that anybody who's hunting the Illuminati knows about the Cabal and is deliberately leaving them alone? If we have SHIELD in Avengers saying that trying to save the world is no excuse for the Illuminati's behavior, how would it be any different for the Cabal?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Bast during Hickman's FF run said something worse than AvX was going to happen. So this was coming down the pike.

But the nice thing about comics is that once this event is over, Wakanda can magically be rebuilt in a week and a half. I know some BP fans will understandably feel differently than I do, but marvel cities get blow up and rebuilt overnight on a fairly regular basis I sort of get de-sensitived to it. 2 years from now Wakanda will be as good as new like none of this happened.
    Will the population magically recover in that time as well? Because that would be pretty poor writing if they ignored them getting knocked down to 2k survivors. I mean, rebuilding the buildings and city can be justified by the fact that organizations like Damage Control exist and Wakanda has even better tech supposedly, but resurrection, while not exactly infrequent, is still not supposed to be a matter of mass consumption.