Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Futures End #21 discussion

Spoilers,

Red Arrow and Green Arrow give some backstory on how E-2 citizens arrived to main Earth. Some of it was shown in the preview.
    Basically they were followed by Apokolips forces. Ship with most of the E-2 heroes stayed behind to hold them back while ships with mostly citizens and Superhero "shepherds" (Red Arrow and Terrific were mentioned) went straight to Earth.
    At the end E-2 heroes were overwhelmed and initiated self-destruct of the ship taking out most of the Apokolips forces.
    Civilians and Parademons landed on Earth, obviously big fight started. Teen Titans were first to help out E-2 survivors, we know how that ended for them. We also see a scene where Red Arrow saves Red Robin as mentioned in earlier issue.
    Even with most of the Apokolips forces dying due to explosion of the E-2 ship it seams that enough survived to give a serious fight for Earth since war lasted multiple weeks.
    After it ended millions of E-2 people were left homeless. Main earth citizens became paranoid and Global Peace Agency was formed that tried to "help" by basically giving out earth-cards and stuff like that. We can see how that turned out.
    GA tried to help with making Seattle "card-free" zone and using his family wealth to build shelters and stuff like that.
    At some point GA met RA and they realized that someone was capturing E-2 heroes.
    Looking for more info they found out that Maxwell Payne fucked up Earth's planetary defense codes days before arrival of E-2 and that during self-destruction of E-2 heroes ship Brother Eye satellite discharged lots of energy.
    They managed to access Eye's archives and found out that Brother Eye managed to teleport away heroes before ship went kaboom. Heroes thinking that Brother Eye works with Apokolips (due to similar technology) fucked up his satellite and eventually they were taken in by Cadmus... somehow.
    GA faked his death to get rid of Deathstroke/Sue trailing him and with "Queen drones" managed to locate island where they were being kept.

Not much happened in this issue but it filled up lots of blank spots and whole backstory is kinda clear now.

Incredible Member

This issue gives a little more insight of what had happened to Earth-2 heroes as well as people from Earth-2. Can't wait to see Green Arrow and his team land in Cadmus Island. Also when Lois and Tim Drake will join them too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Good issue I guess, kind of just feeling in backstory for people who didn't read the GA: FE issue. It was nice to finally get a full understanding of what happened though..now I am just curious as to when we will ever find out what Superman did in the war that he regrets so much...He has already killed one or 2 people in the new 52, so he must have really mest up.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Good issue I guess, kind of just feeling in backstory for people who didn't read the GA: FE issue. It was nice to finally get a full understanding of what happened though..now I am just curious as to when we will ever find out what Superman did in the war that he regrets so much...He has already killed one or 2 people in the new 52, so he must have really mest up.
    I think that he was lied/betrayed by Batman, according to Batman/Superman: Futures End #1.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    I think that he was lied/betrayed by Batman, according to Batman/Superman: Futures End #1.
    Yes, the Batman/Superman issue made it pretty clear that Bats used him in some fashion by lying/betraying. My huess is that this possible future will all be unwound by Clark, at the moment of choice, deciding not to remove himself from the world at large and winning the day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    But in this issue he already knew that he would do a very bad thing to save the world

well next week starts worlds end

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    But in this issue he already knew that he would do a very bad thing to save the world

well next week starts worlds end
    Nope Worlds End starts the other week.

Always Rakzo

I thought this was one of the best issues from this weekly.

A lot of content and revelations while also setting the direction for the rest of the series.

I'm just shocked Raven is dead though if any of the titans survive you think it would be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    I'm just shocked Raven is dead though if any of the titans survive you think it would be her.
    Didn't see a body so they only one i'm saying is dead is wonder girl

Astonishing Member

So much exposition! Entire story purposing through flashback.

I liked it, though. All the Ollie and Counter-Ollie (Connor) and Outsiders and such. Lots of Lemire here.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Didn't see a body so they only one i'm saying is dead is wonder girl
    i hope so because raven should be hard to kill.

Astonishing Member

Is this the Red Arrow who apparently died when Brutaal the Bizarro Superman and his forces invaded the Bat Cave? If so, I wonder how he surived ro came back from that. And how exactly is he Oliver Queen's "doppleganger"? They share a skill and a superhero "theme," but that don't really seem to be parallel world "copies" of each other in an obvious way.

Red Arrow's unneeded recap for an impatient Barda was a bit of an awkward way to do the exposition.

I wonder if Brother Eye only turned completely evil when he (it?) was damaged by the Earth 2 heroes. Could it be that his original intention wasn't really to imprison the Earth 2 heroes, but just to save them? I think this could be a nice irony, though it seemed in the JLI annual that Brother Eye had already been turned evil by its new "programmer (Brainiac, I guess). If that 's case, maybe it was Brotehr Eye who got Maxwell Payne to compromise the earth's security systems, creating cover for the satellite to abduct the Earth 2 heroes without being noticed by the world at large.

Is the "beacon" that Mr. Terrific detected Power Ring's beacon for the Anti-Monitor, as seen in JL?

It seemed off to me that, in the midst of all this horror, Big Barda appeared most horrified that Mister Miracle was standing around with Aquawoman.

I guess when Green Arrow says he has "plans that will expose what Cadmus has done to the public," he's talking about Lois.

In the scenes from next week, there are a couple of women who seem to be dressed in the British flag. I wonder if one of them is Jenny Sparks? If so, maybe we'll find out where Jenny Q has been while the rest of Stormwatch has been taken off the board by Brainiac's forces.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-24-2014 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    So much exposition! Entire story purposing through flashback.
    Heh. Kinda expected, though, doncha think? In a short story, exposition is short. The longer the story, the bigger the explanation the hero gets, I would think---when the hero gets the info dump to put the pieces together, it's gotta be a grand design....

If I can get a little off-topic: this week's Superman: Futures End really is a critical chapter to the story, and I hope that out of all of this month's specials, it gets included in the trades. It really reads like Futures End #21 1/2.