Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well when you put it like that I can understand your frustration.

I hoping this issues sales better than the second one.
    I want 4,5 and 6 to be in the range of issue 1............47,566......................lets get at least three issues with those numbers.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I want 4,5 and 6 to be in the range of issue 1............47,566......................lets get at least three issues with those numbers.
    That would be ideal.... very hopeful the wolverine centric stories will garner more interest.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Agreed. this was some serious WIS that I hope is stricken from her official canon.
    Lord Claremont! Deliver us from darkness!

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    This GIF is EVERYTHING hahaha!!!
    Glad you like it!

Well when you put it like that I can understand your frustration.

Thank you, my friend.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That would be ideal.... very hopeful the wolverine centric stories will garner more interest.
    ...............a spiderman team up.................
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

NEVER AFTER HE DISRESPECTED THE GODDESS.

NEVER AFTER HE DISRESPECTED THE GODDESS.

lmao wasn't he trying to snap her out of something? I think he apologized afterwards.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

lmao wasn't he trying to snap her out of something? I think he apologized afterwards.
    He was but you dont I mean NEVER under ANY circumstances put your hands on the All-Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lord Claremont! Deliver us from darkness!

Glad you like it!

Thank you, my friend.
    OMG if Claremont got his hands on this book?!?!?! My GODDDDDD I don't think I could stand the wait between issues. I'm already waiting for #4 with baited breath lol. And btw #290 was a childhood favorites because it's one of the first books I ever got. I was born in '91 lol.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What irked me about that storyline, was Pak's assertion that Ororo came to the area proclaiming herself as a goddess and it was her plan to run away from Cairo with the explicit desire to become a goddess(which he spoke about directly in interviews preceding the launch of the series), and that was crazy and unhinged. That is a complete revision of what we knew about Storm's history. She left Cairo with vague notions of 'being called home', triggered from her mother's stories and perhaps ancient Egyptian carvings if we take Ororo Before the Storm as canon, but that is subsequent to Claremont's original version, so I take that with a grain of salt. As an 11 year old girl, she walked across the Sahara, nearly being raped along the way. When her powers kicked in, with no degree in evolutionary biology and at a time when mutants were not commonly known, she thought of her powers as a magical gift from the Goddess, whom she had met in an authentic spiritual experience. That the people around her regarded her as a goddess and that she went along with it, given her own cultural seeding and the deep rooted cultural cues of the people in the region, does not strike me as crazy, backwards or primitive. If anything, Pak's assertion that they 'pretended to worship' her for upwards of 12 years(from age 12 to when she joined the X-Men, in 1976 Claremont said she was 25) simply because they 'needed the rain', does not paint them in a more favorable light, quite the contrary, that sort of willful manipulation seems far worse!
    Exactly.

This revision of established canon is unpalatable and entirely unnecessary.

Over-all this issue did nothing for me...art-wise or story-wise. Forge is THE inventor who has known Ororo for years...how in bloody hell does he not know how to properly calibrate his own invention from Gently Shower to full-scale Thunderstorm? How? (That read more like PIS to me).
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 09-27-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Exactly.

This revision of established canon is unpalatable and entirely unnecessary.

Over-all this issue did nothing for me...art-wise or story-wise. Forge is THE inventor who has known Ororo for years...how in bloody hell does he not know how to properly calibrate his own invention from Gently Shower to full-scale Thunderstorm? How? (That read more like PIS to me).
    Its simple ..............that machine was scanning her powers.........................they're going to give them to Noah.....
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 09-27-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

I would love it!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Its simple ..............that machine was scanning her powers.........................they're going to give them to Noah.....
    In nature there are: Gentle, intermittent showers; consistent and moderate rainfall; heavy, steady but short, downpours; thunder and lightning storms; hurricanes. And many variables in between. My point was he does not need to scan her powers to calibrate his machine. As for the machine itself...its function is inherently flawed and doomed to failure if it is using energy from the sun (of which there is lots) to pull moisture from the air (which, in desert areas is very, very little).
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Niffleheim

He was but you dont I mean NEVER under ANY circumstances put your hands on the All-Goddess.
    What prompted Spidey to punch my Stormy?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What prompted Spidey to punch my Stormy?
    She was in a trance (all of the superheroes snoring their space station were), so Peter socked Storm to snap her out of it. This is the issue where Kitty saved the planet from that giant bullet.It was well intentioned .
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

I still don't have my orders. I might get it on Wednesday still. I hope I'll get it on or before Wednesday.