Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Agreed.

This was another okay / safe issue. I want this to be amazing: where's the excitement of waiting the next issue for resolution ? where are the plot threads that run continuously over several issues ? where's the extravaganza ?

This needs to get into second gear position very soon. It leaves quite a bit to be desired as is.
    I don't disagree with this. There needs to be a bigger reason and draw to make people want to keep reading this.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Agreed.

This was another okay / safe issue. I want this to be amazing: where's the excitement of waiting the next issue for resolution ? where are the plot threads that run continuously over several issues ? where's the extravaganza ?

This needs to get into second gear position very soon. It leaves quite a bit to be desired as is.
    100% agreed....
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is messed up. She was a 12 year old girl, callously manipulating her for years, who could do such a thing? I think Pak/Marvel is just back-peddling because paganism makes him/them uncomfortable. Ororo had a genuine spiritual experience of the Goddess as a child,

and it was the villages who came to her asking for help and giving praises, not her extorting or tricking them. She didn't even want their offered sacrifice!

Pak messed up here.
    I agree with this sentiment. The villagers even had dreams of Storm's coming before she even showed up on their front doorstep. I have a feeling that Pak/Marvel probably had a problem with the original portrayal of the Africans as they may have thought it made them look primitive and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    This book is consistently average. Not sure it doesn't better fit in an anthology like X-Men Unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    #1 was nice, but these last two, I agree.

I also agree, though I did enjoy issue 2. Issue 3 is the weakest thus far. I'm hoping with the upcoming 2-part Yukio story we will get something bigger. One thing for sure, I'm looking forward to the beginning of issue 4 where Pak claimed in an interview that Storm is going to grieve "like a goddess". He said that "we won't see this coming", so I'm hoping this means we get some huge feats from Ororo. Thing is, however, looking at the solicitations for issues 4-6, it doesn't look like we are going to see Storm go up against a baddie with massive power that can really push her in a fight. As of issue 6, we will still not see a major arch-nemesis for Ororo that can reappear through future arcs. I mean, the Fantastic Four has Dr. Doom, Captain America has Red Skull, Dr. Strange had Baron Mordo, Iron Man has the Manderin, Thor has Loki, Wolverine had/has Sabertooth, even Bishop had Trevor Fitzroy, etc. Storm needs someone to fill in that roll for her as her personal adversary as well. That should have been established by issue 3 if not sooner.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.

I'm sorry, but this title is sorely lacking some real action. I'm all for character moments, but three issues in and no epic battle or anything indication of some sort of major threat building.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. The villagers even had dreams of Storm's coming before she even showed up on their front doorstep. I have a feeling that Pak/Marvel probably had a problem with the original portrayal of the Africans as they may have thought it made them look primitive and backwards.

I also agree. I'm hoping with the upcoming 2-part Yukio story we will get something bigger. One thing for sure, I'm looking forward to the beginning of issue 4 where Pak claimed in an interview that Storm is going to grieve "like a goddess". He said that "we won't see this coming", so I'm hoping this means we get some huge feats from Ororo.
    wait...what!? they even dreamed of her? O_O...........................................that s it! we need an explanation for this asap!
    With the way the book is being written I believe they're waiting til Logan takes his dirtnap to give her a big push off...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    wait...what!? they even dreamed of her? O_O...........................................that s it! we need an explanation for this asap!
    With the way the book is being written I believe they're waiting til Logan takes his dirtnap to give her a big push off...

Yes, I believe this was established in "Uncanny Origins: Storm"
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-24-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Yes, I believe this was established in "Uncanny Origins: Ororo, Before the Storm"
    Interesting...I honestly didn't know they dreamed of her arrival.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    Interesting...I honestly didn't know they dreamed of her arrival.
    I have to correct this, it was "Uncanny Origins: Storm".

I have to correct this, it was "Uncanny Origins: Storm".
    oh! lulz! well, I don't know what to make of the entire situation
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    This book is consistently average. Not sure it doesn't better fit in an anthology like X-Men Unlimited.
    He's trying to play it safe so to speak but I agree with this assessment

BANNED

The art was horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    The art was horrendous
    lol hi mult! it wasn't that bad .....okay it was but some moments stood out.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    The art was horrendous
    with a capital H!!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

er.

I think I agree with this

Now young man you know good and well most of Hepburns art was abysmal lol! Had the artist on the first three pages done the whole book I wouldn't be complaining all that much. But no...just no, that art was unacceptable lol.