Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    with a capital H!!!!!!
    Atleast Ibanez will be back next issue
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Now young man you know good and well most of Hepburns art was abysmal lol! Had the artist on the first three pages done the whole book I wouldn't be complaining all that much. But no...just no, that art was unacceptable lol.
    lmao! I guess I'm too polite to say anything bad?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think I agree with this
    To be honest I never really liked the whole paganism thing, simply because to me, being a black man, it seemed like an attempt to make her more "authentic" in terms of being African. But that wasn't the way to go about it. There are plenty of Christian and God fearing Africans LOL! Very rarely will you come across someone who is invoking the "Lords of the earth and air" or "bright ladies" if at all. But it is what it is and i'm ok with it, but again I felt it was in fact primitive and backwards. The majority of africans are NOTHING like that. Now granted Storm isn't your average African..but still..it kind of irked my nerves lol.

Praise the LORD!!!! I missed him

BANNED

I loved her ancient roots. I refuse to call them pagan because they were in effect Kemetic. Google it. I don't mind that the villagers don't mind her being a goddess because one of the big failings for her character was buying into it. It made it easier for her to believe in too high an opinion of herself. That's nothing wrong with owning one's divinity but sometimes I kind of felt like she lost what it meant to be a woman. I don't think Pak is done deconstructing her notion of buying into being a goddess. I am glad that Storm isn't Christian. She doesn't need to be. I want Storm to own her spirituality in a way that keeps her grounded and cosmic at the same time. If Pak can do that then he can honor what Claremont wrote and still move her forward. But I agree, Storm needs a grand adventure.

o

Praise the LORD!!!! I missed him
    tell me about it...i miss the booty shorts
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought the issue was pretty solid. I liked the pacing of the story and I liked Paks ability to tie in different parts of her history together to make a creative story relevant to things that are happening in some of the poorer areas in Africa. I liked that the villagers were shown to be aware that storm wasnt a goddess as it demonstrates these people aren't primitive in thought in the regard. I love to how thoughful storm was when she spoke on the potential ways forges machine could be abused both from outside and inside her old voltage. The one shot approach to his storytelling doesn't bother me its nice especially since it seems he is still introducing the character to new readers. Additionally, the artwork wasnt that bad to me. The colors used were nice and the background penciling and coloring for much of the issue I thought was really nice. Overall I thought it was a enjoyable. Im just hoping we get some more stories that explore creative use of her powers.

BANNED

I really, really want to love this book...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I really, really want to love this book...
    I take it u didnt like it?

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I always love when Forge's crazy spell in Astonishing X-Men is mentioned...

I'm on the fence on whether Storm was too bitchy or not. It made for a great scene but damn, that was months of Forge's hard work.

I also didn't appreciate that the villagers claimed to have known all along that she wasn't a goddess. Took away the mystique of Storm's backstory for me in my opinion.

But yeah, this book won't last with stories like these. I'm enjoying it but it needs a direction and fast.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I dont want to kick a series when its down but this art was quite bad and so was a lot of the dialogue.

I give this issue 4/10.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Its being crushed under the weight of her status in the X-verse. hence why i was desperate to see it more of a Marvel Universe book. Look at MS. marvel and Captain Marvel. Imagine Storm teamed up with Spiderman first issue ( Im talkin Miles Morales) second Issue ( the young Avengers) third Issue the Inhumans or Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Its being crushed under the weight of her status in the X-verse. hence why i was desperate to see it more of a Marvel Universe book. Look at MS. marvel and Captain Marvel. Imagine Storm teamed up with Spiderman first issue ( Im talkin Miles Morales) second Issue ( the young Avengers) third Issue the Inhumans or Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel.
    Sounds boring to me. that doesn't really sound interesting. Remember her team up with Black Widow.... A marvel universe book would never happen and it would be bad.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Sounds boring to me. that doesn't really sound interesting. Remember her team up with Black Widow.... A marvel universe book would never happen and it would be bad.

o
    what is your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I loved her ancient roots. I refuse to call them pagan because they were in effect Kemetic. Google it.
    o
    Kemetic refers to the culture of ancient Egypt. Storm has never prayed to Ma'at or Heru or Ast or Hetheru or Ra or Nu. She prays to the Goddess. The Bright Lady. The Gods of the earth and air. Pagan is a blanket term for any indigenous, nature-based spirituality, in contrast to Abrahamic faiths. It has been inferred that her lineage has roots in ancient Egypt, specifically in Ashake, but Storm has never been shown to be an adept of the Kemetic Mysteries, and her ancestry as it has been defined, pre-exists Kemet as a specific culture.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-24-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!