Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    what is your solution?
    Something I learned from Priest, epic stories that affect the line and the MU. With her actually leading two teams of X-men and the school it's a great spring board to include the larger MU.

o

BANNED

Expect awesomeness with Storm #4, Storm #5 and Storm #6.

Storm #4
    Publisher: MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Greg Pak (A) Victor Ibanez (CA) Stephanie Hans
    DEATH OF WOLVERINE Aftermath!
    • Wolverine has been many things to Storm over the years: teammate, friend, confidant, mentor and-most recently-lover.
    • But upon his death, Storm finds her world thrown into chaos.
    • Will finishing a piece of his unfinished business alongside their mutual ally Yukio help her find her way once more?
    Rated T+

Storm #5
    DEATH OF WOLVERINE Aftermath!
    • Storm is grieving the loss of her friend, teammate and lover, Wolverine. His death has left loose ends and a pair of shoes that's hard to fill.
    • But with the help of her longtime friend and ally, Yukio, Storm may just find solace in taking care of Wolverine's unfinished business...and filling his shoes all too well!
    Rated T+

Storm #6
    • Finishing her business with Yukio in Las Vegas, Storm hitches a flight home.
    • But unbeknownst to her, she's got some stowaways in her carry-on luggage: vengeful assassins armed to the teeth!
    • And they intend to make sure Storm doesn't reach her destination...
    Rated T+

I just read it and I was pleasantly surprised. I was worried when I first saw Forge on the cover but I rather enjoyed Storm calling him out on a lot of his shit. He needs that from her more often.

As for the villager claiming she knew Storm wasn't a goddess; perhaps she was just trying to save face. No one wants to be thought of as gullible and naive. Especially after seeing the truth for so long.

I do hope that there is a bigger purpose for the book but if not I am at least hope to enjoy the ride until the end.

Plot twist....what if the woman claiming to know that she wasn't a goddess is really the subplot? O_O could it be a way to get into her head? have her question how they could have known? O_o what if the old woman is really a god in disguise trying to crack storm before she really set her plan in motion? O_O remember when Pak said she'll face "gods, monsters and everything in between"? O_O what if the old woman is really a god who had a child (Noah) who for some reason didn't receive special powers as a part if his divinity??......my god! what if the whole thing was a setup ?? what if that entire machine was REALLY used to scan Storm's power to give Noah the ability to control the weather??
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 09-25-2014 at 05:57 AM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I take it u didnt like it?
    That was after my initial run through. I'm just waiting to be blown away. This issue was my least favorite, which I'm sure the art had a lot to do with that. I just want bigger stories.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I curious of what the reviews for this issue will be. I am thinking 3 star range on the 5 star scale, and 6 to 7 on the 10 scale. I only found 1 review so far (but there is typically a review from CBR and IGN), and it's good (8.3/10) but I want to a few to compare to get a general consensus. Here is the review link:

Storm #3 Review
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I curious of what the reviews for this issue will be. I am thinking 3 star range on the 5 star scale, and 6 to 7 on the 10 scale. I only found 1 review so far (but there is typically a review from CBR and IGN), and it's good (8.3/10) but I want to a few to compare to get a general consensus. Here is the review link:

Storm #3 Review
    Thanks for the link! Hopefully Greg will see the need for a subplot..........unless i figured it out with my last post (and you know i just love controversy)..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Thanks for the link! Hopefully Greg will see the need for a subplot..........unless i figured it out with my last post (and you know i just love controversy)..
    Lol true. I think a subplot will definitely help, but I am just hoping for bigger stories centered around his premise of the book. The intent of the book is that Storm is being a hero to those in need, be that protecting the vulnerable from a corporation and the devastation of natural disasters, looking out for wayward youth on the street that people wouldn't give a second look, or helping an african village sustain itself. I am loving this take on Storm because....that is Storm. But I think Greg, like he did in issue #1, can write these type of situations, in a more impactful and compelling way, and also build up to a larger story and MU presence for Storm as the book progresses.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Lol true. I think a subplot will definitely help, but I am just hoping for bigger stories centered around his premise of the book. The intent of the book is that Storm is being a hero to those in need, be that protecting the vulnerable from a corporation and the devastation of natural disasters, looking out for wayward youth on the street that people wouldn't give a second look, or helping an african village sustain itself. I am loving this take on Storm because....that is Storm. But I think Greg, like he did in issue #1, can write these type of situations, in a more impactful and compelling way, and also build up to a larger story and MU presence for Storm as the book progresses.
    Precisely.............now we got the $$$ if he got the *boom*
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Amazing Member

I agree with a lot that's already been said on this thread. Love Pak. This is the guy behind Superman and Planet Hulk. I want mind-blowing displays of force to go with the good character development. I want a long continuous story arc. I want a real challenge/nemesis for Storm to be pitted up against. No more of these one-and-done episodes. It looks like coming up we have a 3-issue story arc. Let's go even bigger after that!

Niffleheim

There needs to be something more going on this book if we are going to shell out $4 for it. Most of the storylines in each issue are B-stories -- they shouldn't be taking over the whole issue. I'm ashamed to admit my selfishness on this forum but even thou I'm a proud Kenyan I couldn't care less what those villagers in Kenya are going thru lol! I may be obsessed with Storm but I don't feel myself taken over with the urge to flip pages so that I find out what happens on the next. I want to see magnificent feats by Ororo and I also want to see ppl's assess lit up on fire because the Goddess felt they deserved it.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I don't disagree with this. There needs to be a bigger reason and draw to make people want to keep reading this.

o
    This run is doing very little to keep a casual reader (not a Storm fan) invested. I know i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by n'dare View Post
    there needs to be something more going on this book if we are going to shell out $4 for it. Most of the storylines in each issue are b-stories -- they shouldn't be taking over the whole issue. I'm ashamed to admit my selfishness on this forum but even thou i'm a proud kenyan i couldn't care less what those villagers in kenya are going thru lol! I may be obsessed with storm but i don't feel myself taken over with the urge to flip pages so that i find out what happens on the next. I want to see magnificent feats by ororo and i also want to see ppl's assess lit up on fire because the goddess felt they deserved it.

hallelujahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    There needs to be something more going on this book if we are going to shell out $4 for it. Most of the storylines in each issue are B-stories -- they shouldn't be taking over the whole issue. I'm ashamed to admit my selfishness on this forum but even thou I'm a proud Kenyan I couldn't care less what those villagers in Kenya are going thru lol! I may be obsessed with Storm but I don't feel myself taken over with the urge to flip pages so that I find out what happens on the next. I want to see magnificent feats by Ororo and I also want to see ppl's assess lit up on fire because the Goddess felt they deserved it.
    Damn...Iam getting tired of Storm apologizing to someone every issue though. Not sure what that's about but the small stories don't bother me much even tho I haven't read 3 yet.

Plot twist....what if the woman claiming to know that she wasn't a goddess is really the subplot? O_O could it be a way to get into her head? have her question how they could have known? O_o what if the old woman is really a god in disguise trying to crack storm before she really set her plan in motion? O_O remember when Pak said she'll face "gods, monsters and everything in between"? O_O what if the old woman is really a god who had a child (Noah) who for some reason didn't receive special powers as a part if his divinity??......my god! what if the whole thing was a setup ?? what if that entire machine was REALLY used to scan Storm's power to give Noah the ability to control the weather??
    That is A GOOD observation. I have more faith in Greg than to think these past two issues were for not. Something is going on here and I bet when we find out several issues later we'll all be like "OOOOO SNAP"!!!