Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Big WIIIIIIIND!!!! #5 better be AMAZING!
    I think it will be..............................she's sporting logan style lightning claws...................
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    omg yassssssssssssssssss!..........now in Issue 4 i better get some of this!

This gif <3 <3 <3...
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    This gif <3 <3 <3...
    Storm would probably have to warp weather patterns across the entire world to create a storm like this. Like she did as a prisoner of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I think it will be..............................she's sporting logan style lightning claws...................
    I hope she actually uses them on panel! That'd boost sales for sure!

I just read the issue and found it to be just ok, nothing special. I was hoping to see some more action in this issue but the character moments were decent. I like that Esther Shira knew she wasn't a Goddess. I like that some of the Kenyans and other African people were knowledgeable enough to not believe that she was a Goddess. I'm hoping for some more action with these upcoming issues. These done-in-one issues are good but I would like to start developing a larger storyline.

And more Beast! I'm glad to see him getting some decent characterization for once. I hope he continues as one of Storm's supporting characters.
    Last edited by nj06; 09-25-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Um, no. Christianity is a Roman Empire sponsored mass mind-control program. In fact, all the main tenants about Jesus and many facets of the Old Testament are just ripped off of older cultures(Heru's immaculate conception and battle against Set, the Epic of Gilgamesh's flood story just to name two).

(And they say tribal Africans are simpletons....?)
    Christianity has nothing to do with the Roman Empire as its genesis did not originate with the people of the empire. It was with the Jews who came out of the portion of the Middle East by Africa that Christianity was birthed into the world. In fact, the Romans persecuted the Christians for centuries, putting them to death and everything. There were tyrant Caesars such as Nero and Domitian who tried to wipe out the Christians. The Roman Empire introduced the Caesar Worship Cult which was a system in which everyone in the empire was expected to worship Caesar as a way of bringing unity to a very diverse empire. (The empire was diverse because it conquered and assimilated the people of so many different cultures and religion. By instituting Caesar worship, they hoped to unify the people under one common religion. It was blasphemy.) Anyone who did not worship Caesar was put to death. The Christian faith does not permit one to bow down to any other god, so, since they did not comply, they were killed. Christians were made the scapegoat for calamities not of their own making and likewise persecuted until death for this. This is very similar to the whole future Antichrist scenario that will come upon the world during the Great Tribulation when you read about the Beast and his side kick, False Prophet, in Revelation 13.

Continuing on about the Roman Empire, in the book of Daniel of the Bible, the Anti-Christ is shown to rise out of a future form of the Roman Empire. He is the little horn of Daniel 7:8 that comes out of the fourth beast which is Rome. The Roman Empire itself (past and future incarnation) are both depicted as one of the 7 heads of the Anti-Christ Beast in Revelation Chapters 13 and 17. These heads, in the book of Revelation, have blasphemous names as the kings of these empires took on blasphemous titles reserved only for God. (In the Bible, the king represented the Empire when said empires were depicted on beasts and statues.) On top of the rulers of these empires taking on blasphemous titles, one of the other similarities these empires shared was the subjugation and persecution of those who worshiped The Great I Am. When the RE eventually absorbed Christianity into its culture, they actually perverted it. A lot of that perversion is still around today when one compares certain "Christian" denominations with the actual doctrines of the Bible. The Romans blended Christianity with many of the pagan religions of the day.

Anyway, I can go on forever on this. True Christianity has nothing to do with any kind of Roman conspiracy. It simply about one's own personal relationship with Christ, hence the scripture says for each man to "work out his own salvation with fear and trembling" and urges us all "to study the scripture to approve ourselves righteous, rightly divining the word."

Regarding the Gilgamesh thing you brought up, that story is believed to have been written around 2,000 BC. http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/engl2..._gilgamesh.htm

This is around the time Abraham was believed to be born: http://www.matthewmcgee.org/ottimlin.html If you will look at the dates on this second site, you will see how Adam and Even predate the Gilgamesh story by over a thousand years.

Here's the thing, during the time of Adam and Eve, Cain and Able, etc, there was no need to write anything down. At that time, God spoke to man directly, so there was no reason to write anything down for future generations. As a matter of fact, I believe the Son of Man would even frequent the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve lived there. What I believe happened was things were passed down through oral tradition until it was finally codified in writing. While the written tale of Gilgamesh may predate the first biblical writings, that does not mean that Gilgamesh could not have been inspired by oral tradition concerning The Great I Am. I believe that some of what you brought up was probably inspired by prophecies given to man by God. Its no different from what happened after Christ arose from the grave and ascended into heaven. People started writing false doctrines (or mythologies) about Christ that was untrue. My belief is this was nothing new as even during the old testament days which go all the way back to Adam and Eve (which predates any of the other religions outside of the worship of The Great I Am), we likely still got mythologies inspired by God-given prophecy.

Anyway, just saying.

BANNED

Big WIIIIIIIND!!!! #5 better be AMAZING!
    AWESOME! Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Christianity has nothing to do with the Roman Empire as its genesis did not originate with the people of the empire. It was with the Jews who came out of the portion of the Middle East by Africa that Christianity was birthed into the world. In fact, the Romans persecuted the Christians for centuries, putting them to death and everything. There were tyrant Caesars such as Nero and Domitian who tried to wipe out the Christians. The Roman Empire introduced the Caesar Worship Cult which was a system in which everyone in the empire was expected to worship Caesar as a way of bringing unity to a very diverse empire. (The empire was diverse because it conquered and assimilated the people of so many different cultures and religion. By instituting Caesar worship, they hoped to unify the people under one common religion. It was blasphemy.) Anyone who did not worship Caesar was put to death. The Christian faith does not permit one to bow down to any other god, so, since they did not comply, they were killed. Christians were made the scapegoat for calamities not of their own making and likewise persecuted until death for this. This is very similar to the whole future Antichrist scenario that will come upon the world during the Great Tribulation when you read about the Beast and his side kick, False Prophet, in Revelation 13.

Continuing on about the Roman Empire, in the book of Daniel of the Bible, the Anti-Christ is shown to rise out of a future form of the Roman Empire. He is the little horn of Daniel 7:8 that comes out of the fourth beast which is Rome. The Roman Empire itself (past and future incarnation) are both depicted as one of the 7 heads of the Anti-Christ Beast in Revelation Chapters 13 and 17. These heads, in the book of Revelation, have blasphemous names as the kings of these empires took on blasphemous titles reserved only for God. (In the Bible, the king represented the Empire when said empires were depicted on beasts and statues.) On top of the rulers of these empires taking on blasphemous titles, one of the other similarities these empires shared was the subjugation and persecution of those who worshiped The Great I Am. When the RE eventually absorbed Christianity into its culture, they actually perverted it. A lot of that perversion is still around today when one compares certain "Christian" denominations with the actual doctrines of the Bible. The Romans blended Christianity with many of the pagan religions of the day.

Anyway, I can go on forever on this. True Christianity has nothing to do with any kind of Roman conspiracy. It simply about one's own personal relationship with Christ, hence the scripture says for each man to "work out his own salvation with fear and trembling" and urges us all "to study the scripture to approve ourselves righteous, rightly divining the word."

Regarding the Gilgamesh thing you brought up, that story is believed to have been written around 2,000 BC. http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/engl2..._gilgamesh.htm

This is around the time Abraham was believed to be born: http://www.matthewmcgee.org/ottimlin.html If you will look at the dates on this second site, you will see how Adam and Even predate the Gilgamesh story by over a thousand years.

Here's the thing, during the time of Adam and Eve, Cain and Able, etc, there was no need to write anything down. At that time, God spoke to man directly, so there was no reason to write anything down for future generations. As a matter of fact, I believe the Son of Man would even frequent the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve lived there. What I believe happened was things were passed down through oral tradition until it was finally codified in writing. While the written tale of Gilgamesh may predate the first biblical writings, that does not mean that Gilgamesh could not have been inspired by oral tradition concerning The Great I Am. I believe that some of what you brought up was probably inspired by prophecies given to man by God. Its no different from what happened after Christ arose from the grave and ascended into heaven. People started writing false doctrines (or mythologies) about Christ that was untrue. My belief is this was nothing new as even during the old testament days which go all the way back to Adam and Eve (which predates any of the other religions outside of the worship of The Great I Am), we likely still got mythologies inspired by God-given prophecy.

Anyway, just saying.

I think we are fighting a lost cause here my friend. In the end it seems many opinions and personal beliefs still weigh heavily. But for what it's worth I agree with you.

BANNED

I think we are fighting a lost cause here my friend. In the end it seems many opinions and personal beliefs still weigh heavily. But for what it's worth I agree with you.
    I'm not trying to convert anyone, lol, I was just showing how Christianity is not a roman empire conspiracy and then used some scripture to show how the Bible actually viewed the Roman Empire.

Exactly. But something is getting lost in translation to some users whose names shall not be mentioned and I don't think they quite get what we're saying.

This gif <3 <3 <3...
    lmao i know right!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Exactly. But something is getting lost in translation to some users whose names shall not be mentioned and I don't think they quite get what we're saying.
    That guy is a very good friend of mine. While we agree on most things, we can disagree sometime, but we always keep it friendly. I've known him for years. We are both HUGE Storm fans. He's a spirited debater and he's smart.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-25-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just read the issue and found it to be just ok, nothing special. I was hoping to see some more action in this issue but the character moments were decent. I like that Esther Shira knew she wasn't a Goddess. I like that some of the Kenyans and other African people were knowledgeable enough to not believe that she was a Goddess. I'm hoping for some more action with these upcoming issues. These done-in-one issues are goof but I would like to start developing a larger storyline.

And more Beast! I'm glad to see him getting some decent characterization for once. I hope he continues as one of Storm's supporting characters.
    Yes..........more action.............I mean.......................books written by greg are the sh*t!.............its taking too long to push off..........thank the lord 4,5 and 6 have overarcs
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Another review of the issue by Thegeekiary.com (no rating but recap and review):

The Geekiary.com Storm Review

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    .......And more Beast! I'm glad to see him getting some decent characterization for once. I hope he continues as one of Storm's supporting characters.
    And this is a good point to note. I am enjoying Beast's interaction with Storm.

Storm would probably have to warp weather patterns across the entire world to create a storm like this. Like she did as a prisoner of Doom.
    This is something I would LOVE to see happen on panel. I think she could do this without that monolithic power build she had during the Rogue-Storm story actually. In the movie this was the wind force of an EF5 (and wasn't indicated to be the highest end of the EF scale) and Storm has shown that she can produce that pretty easily.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Another review of the issue by Thegeekiary.com (no rating but recap and review):

The Geekiary.com Storm Review

And this is a good point to note. I am enjoying Beast's interaction with Storm.

This is something I would LOVE to see happen on panel. I think she could do this without that monolithic power build she had during the Rogue-Storm story actually. In the movie this was the wind force of an EF5 (and wasn't indicated to be the highest end of the EF scale) and Storm has shown that she can produce that pretty easily.
    Come to think of it.........I only remember one global feat and that was the gamma gun one........lawd my memory so ......*sigh* lul. I'm also glad beast is getting to be the tech guy :3
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡