Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Default Avatar Contest 5/7-5-13

The theme will be

EPIC FAILURE.

The Rules:

The CBR Avatar Contest; begins on Wednesday and ends on Tuesday, at which point voting begins, ending when Tuesday ends in all time zones. As a rule, voting before Tuesday is frowned upon, though exceptions are made if you've got a good reason. Suggesting avatar ideas for others is prohibited. By suggesting, you are in essence removing that idea from consideration by any and all players. Contest eligibility is dependent on keeping your entered avatar for the entire week. Changing your avatar before the week is up will disqualify you, unless you're changing it to something else that fits the contest theme and announce your change in the thread. Changing avatars within your chosen subject is permitted. Putting 'dibs' on a subject lasts for 48 hours, at which time it's free to be taken by somebody else. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by the first vote by a poster who has not previously voted in that week's contest. There is no rule six! Ed Cunard (I assume by when the sentence got added) once got stung by a jellyfish in his bad place. We will not reveal the list of volunteers to urinate on him. The contest winner chooses the next week's contest theme and must add something stupid to the rules. Value of prize is 1/100 of 1˘, and is not redeemable for cash. CBR management shall not be responsible for any monetary damages, intestinal distress or stigmata caused by said contest. No prize alternatives are available. If the winner does not respond with a new game by Thursday it will be up to the runner-up; unless something clever is decided such as defaulting to "comic book characters" or skipping the week for low voter turnout. All decisions are final, and bitching about the decisions in a silly online game is stupid and will result in shameless mocking for an indeterminate period of time. Contest void in Delaware. We aren't sure why, but who cares? It's Delaware
    Last edited by GozertheGozarian; 05-07-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

OK, I'm in!

Poor Vinko Bogataj. He had to endure his failure over and over again, as his ski jump crash was used by the Wide World of Sports in their opening as the latter part of "...the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat..." Every Sunday across the US, people got to watch him fail again and again and again...
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Yeah, count me in. Vincent Van Gogh's works are among the most valuable and beautiful in the art world. His work is the subject of College courses and dissertations. I'm personally in awe of the life he could breath into them.

And of the 900 or so he painted he sold only one, for enough money to pay his rent.

Sing it, Don.
    Last edited by Paul W.; 05-07-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

I'm in with inventor thomas midgely jr, who after being a key figure in the development of Leaded Petrol, went on to develop Freon, one of the first CFC gasses. He wanted to help mankind, but ended up contributing to atmospheric pollution on a truly epic scale.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

I'm stuck posting from my phone for the moment, so I call dibs on the Howard the Duck movie.

I'm in with the most epic comic failure that is practically a meme.

As promised, in with cinematic epic fail Howard the Duck.

Ladies and gentlemen I present the greatest debut in wrestling history. The Shockmaster!

45_shockmaster1.jpg

Nothing says "shocking" like a Stormtrooper helmet covered in rhinestones!

I'm going with the U.S.'s first major failure of a president, Franklin Pierce.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

In with a Failed Epic, the Hobbit movies.

It's Tuesday, might as well go for it. The things you learn! Both Paul W. and Clarkie had very informative entries, but I think Clarkie gets the edge in terms of his subject really mucking things up.

I have to go for the Shockmaster, Ronald gets my vote.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Winslow because man Liefeld has a problem drawing.

Clarkie. No other man has done as much to screw things up.

~ Pól Rua