View Poll Results: Who do you think Meredith Finch is bringing back?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astarte, Empress of the Silver Snake

0 0%
  • Doctor Cyber

8 38.10%
  • Doctor Poison

1 4.76%
  • Eviless

1 4.76%
  • Genocide

0 0%
  • Gundra the Valkyrie

1 4.76%
  • Hypnota/Hypnotic Woman

0 0%
  • Osira

3 14.29%
  • Queen Clea

1 4.76%
  • Silver Swan

4 19.05%
  • Zara, Priestess of the Crimson Flame

0 0%
  • Other

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Totally agree.

Genocide was Diana's Doomsday. With everything that goes with the character of Doomsday. Translation? She was a complete one-trick pony who used up all her villain cred in her debut. She just flat-out doesn't work as a long-term character. Just like Doomsday.
    The worst thing about Genocide was that she wasn't all that different from Devastation from the Eric Luke run. Of course, from what I've heard secondhand, "First Born" doesn't seem much deeper, and apparently has a power set similar to Genocide's. At least Doomsday gets reused; what Wonder Woman gets is a succession of rival Doomsdays.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope the Finchs bring all of these villains back. Well, all except Genocide(unless they have a really good idea for her).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Voted for Gundra, though I would really love to see any of the villains on that list.

Except Genocide. She sucks.

Astonishing Member

Astarte, mostly because of her name, would be a good choice if the re-imagined villain is (or is associated with) the "mythological force" mentioned in the solicit for the new run's second issue. Maybe she could still be the spirit of Hippolyta's long-lost sister, but she could have been reborn as the new incarnation of the Astarte who was the Mesopotamian goddess associated not only with fertility and sex, but with war. This could explain why this attack on the Amazons by a mythological force is apparently connected to Diana's new "war god" role, according to the solicit. I'm sure there could also be a way to work in the idea that she'd been wandering space in her "Silver Snake"--especially if Azz will have made a connections between the Olympians (and Amazons?) and New Gods.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-25-2014 at 09:27 AM.

I think Circe ... despite the "new 52 debut" claim ... aside from Ares no other WW rogue is really a credible threat to WW and the JL

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I think Circe ... despite the "new 52 debut" claim ... aside from Ares no other WW rogue is really a credible threat to WW and the JL

I have to say that I'm surprised to read that a long-term Wonder Woman fan such as yourself make such a statement. Cheetah just recently took on the JL solo in JL #13 and 14. Queen Clea is Atlantean royalty so there shouldn't be much of a question that she's on the same power-level as Aquaman. Dr. Cyber could easily parallel Dr. Doom. Osira took down the Justice Society of Earth 2 back in the 70s. Plus, if Lex Luthor, Ras Al Ghul, and the Joker can be credible threats to the League, I don't see why most of these Wonder-rogues can't be also.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I have to say that I'm surprised to read that a long-term Wonder Woman fan such as yourself make such a statement. Cheetah just recently took on the JL solo in JL #13 and 14. Queen Clea is Atlantean royalty so there shouldn't be much of a question that she's on the same power-level as Aquaman. Dr. Cyber could easily parallel Dr. Doom. Osira took down the Justice Society of Earth 2 back in the 70s. Plus, if Lex Luthor, Ras Al Ghul, and the Joker can be credible threats to the League, I don't see why most of these Wonder-rogues can't be also.
    Well said, Doctor!

It's Nubia, she's bringing back. Just figured it out.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Well said, Doctor!

It's Nubia, she's bringing back. Just figured it out.
    How do you figure, Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    How do you figure, Mel"

Well, Nubia was Mars' champion Pre-Crisis so that could tie into the whole "mythological force" if Nubia is coming to claim the title of God of War from Diana. Perhaps Strife or Athena tip Nubia off about Diana killing WAres and that sets her off to get revenge. If WAres granted Nubia with abilities on par with Diana, she certainly could take down the Justice League.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    How so? To me Dr. Cyber is very much a threat to Wonder Woman. If done right she could be essentially Ra's al Ghoul and Dr. Doom all rolled up into one.