1 3.03%
  • UMBRAL #9

0 0%
  • WAYWARD #2

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

I'm going to say Saga. Brilliant in every way. Does anyone know if sex #16 came out this week? Haven't seen any reviews online and it wasn't in my stack when i picked them up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    I'm going to say Saga. Brilliant in every way. Does anyone know if sex #16 came out this week? Haven't seen any reviews online and it wasn't in my stack when i picked them up earlier.
    I believe it did get released as I remember seeing it at my LCS. Don't read it though so don't quote me on that The Image solicits had it out for the 24th as well.

Just finished Roche Limit and was not impressed at all. I thought it was a mess to be honest, several different plot lines thrown together. Not much depth were shown in the characters giving you no reason to care for them at all. Art was very nice but nothing about the plot hooked me. This is a one and done issue for me.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Just finished Roche Limit and was not impressed at all. I thought it was a mess to be honest, several different plot lines thrown together. Not much depth were shown in the characters giving you no reason to care for them at all. Art was very nice but nothing about the plot hooked me. This is a one and done issue for me.
    Basically what I exactly thought. Was really looking forward to it and struggled to actually get through the issue.

Guess I'll leave Roche Limit on the shelf then and pick up the trades if it improves. It's only a 3 arc series anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Guess I'll leave Roche Limit on the shelf then and pick up the trades if it improves. It's only a 3 arc series anyway, right?
    Yeah, I think I read 3 arcs with 5 issues per arc.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

BANNED

A voice in the dark get your gun #1

Powered By Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Really? You two sure? It was... alright I suppose. It had an interesting ending, but honestly, it was just kind of average and felt like I was watching a typical TV drama or soap opera most of the time (it also felt a bit rushed in some parts). Also, I rather disappointed that a certain someone didn't die (some of these problems could have been easily avoided if it wasn't for this person), thought that's a personal thing. Honestly, it's just kind of a weak outing and feels like just setup for the finale when will really take off.
    You're in the minority buddy. Best issue in a while.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Basically what I exactly thought. Was really looking forward to it and struggled to actually get through the issue.
    I thought the concept sounded cool but after reading this, I went and took a look at the seven page preview. It was painfully poor writing with dull cliched narration the likes of which I have never seen. It felt like world building without the building part (instead they just described everything with a little boring simplistic philosophy thrown in). Is this inaccurate to the comic itself or is it really that awkward of a read?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    I thought the concept sounded cool but after reading this, I went and took a look at the seven page preview. It was painfully poor writing with dull cliched narration the likes of which I have never seen. It felt like world building without the building part (instead they just described everything with a little boring simplistic philosophy thrown in). Is this inaccurate to the comic itself or is it really that awkward of a read?
    Pretty darn accurate of the whole comic. Such a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Pretty darn accurate of the whole comic. Such a let down.
    Yet, Roche Limit is in a distant 2nd place right now with 4 votes. Could someone who enjoyed the book post and explain your thoughts on why you voted for it?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Yet, Roche Limit is in a distant 2nd place right now with 4 votes. Could someone who enjoyed the book post and explain your thoughts on why you voted for it?
    It's really not up by many votes (tied with Low actually) but there's an inherent bias towards first issues. They're exciting (and the marketing for this particular title was very very good).

Saga was excellent as always and Chew is consistently good, but I'm giving the vote to A Voice in the Dark. An awesome, underrated series. Glad to have a new issue.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki