1 3.03%
  • UMBRAL #9

0 0%
  • WAYWARD #2

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I skimmed through Roche Limit #1 at the store earlier.. if I keep hearing good things, I'll go back and pick it up. It sounds up my ally, but I'm on a bit of a budget right now. LOW #3 was the only Image title I pulled this week and I have no reservations about voting for it. After 3 issues, I can safely say it's my favorite title. Greg Tocchini is in full beast mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Anybody have a chance to read Roche Limit yet? Thoughts on it?
    I picked it up, will review once I'm done reading.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Everything I read was really good (didn't have a chance to read Saga yet. I trade wait it, but borrow the issues from a friend to at least stay current), but im going to pick Low this week because:

1) that two page spread (pp2-3)

2) the "suck off" line was gold.

3) it's gorgeous!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Just read Wayward and I enjoyed it SO much more than the first issue. Didn't really warm to issue 1 as it all seemed a bit cliché but I liked how we saw more development on the character and how she has some flaws. Really excited for the next issue now, think this will become one of my favourites. The art is especially great as well.

Also read Roche Limit which I struggled to finish. Not too sure why, might not be my kind of story.
    Last edited by ysemaj; 09-25-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Don't know where to put this but I'll post it here since it's a weekly chat thread of this week's comics disguised as a poll anyways. Anyone pick this up this week or see it at their LCS? A town called Dragon by Legendary Comics. Wasn't going to pick it up at first but flipped through it and the comic was huge, 56 pages in total more than double the size of a regular comic with no ads for $3.99. Haven't read it yet but the art was very nice. I figured any publisher that can offer that nice gesture deserves a chance for me to try it out so I picked it up.

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Throwing in a vote for A Voice In The Dark! Super accessible for new readers to jump on here too. Admittedly I didn't get Saga #23 yet because unfortunately it didn't arrive yet or something, but I'm really glad A Voice In The Dark exists -- and in full colour now too! Seriously people give this series a try; we always complain that 'comics need more diversity' right? Well time to put our money where our mouths are. This serial killer story is EXCELLENT at making you root for a villain, and prominently features people who aren't white/caucasian or only heterosexuals. Someone get this comic to TV, stat.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Saga got my vote, the only other book that came close this week was Chew, a solid entry with a doozy of a cliffhanger. I don't understand the negativity with Saga, for me it's as good as it's always been, it's been more low key for a while but the quality is still there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Throwing in a vote for A Voice In The Dark! Super accessible for new readers to jump on here too. Admittedly I didn't get Saga #23 yet because unfortunately it didn't arrive yet or something, but I'm really glad A Voice In The Dark exists -- and in full colour now too! Seriously people give this series a try; we always complain that 'comics need more diversity' right? Well time to put our money where our mouths are. This serial killer story is EXCELLENT at making you root for a villain, and prominently features people who aren't white/caucasian or only heterosexuals. Someone get this comic to TV, stat.
    Totally forgot to pick this up! Looks very interesting and I'm always up for supporting comic writers/artists with disabilities. Really shows how the comic medium is really opening up and how technology is actually helping people achieve a dream.

I really hadn't been feeling Saga this arc but thought this issue really connected a lot of the doubts I had about the series.

Before I thought the break-up, drugs and infidelity arc that we were having was pretty corny + the fact that every arc seems to end with every piece of the puzzle crossing over for some miraculously lucky (maybe even predictable) reason.

But then everything clicked about this arc: the melodrama was intentional. BKV was trying to show us that though escapism is full of soap opera and surreal-realism which boarders on the uncanny valley of believe-ability, real life is even more messed up and unpredictable. No matter how fucked up a soap opera can be it will never compare to a relationship. Good stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Anybody have a chance to read Roche Limit yet? Thoughts on it?
    Honestly, I don't really have thoughts on it. I neither loved it nor hated it. I suppose I liked it, although saying I tolerated it is probably more accurate. My thoughts on Copperhead were similar. I will be giving both books an entire arc before I write them off, but my excitement for them may have been too high.

Incredible Member

This week was a surprisingly tough choice. I read Saga, Low, and Outcast. I think I will give the nod to Low this week...it was exceptional

Incredible Member

By the way, is anyone still reading COWL? How is it? I read the first two issues and gave up on it. There is almost no scenario in which I go back and read it later, but I'm just curious on what people are thinking about it.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    By the way, is anyone still reading COWL? How is it? I read the first two issues and gave up on it. There is almost no scenario in which I go back and read it later, but I'm just curious on what people are thinking about it.
    I enjoyed the first three issues and fell off reading it when someone else took over reviewing it (the majority of the Image books I read I get from them as review copies and if someone else calls it, I don't end up reading). Yeah, the story didn't feel like was going anywhere at the time outside of personal character drama, but I was enjoying it and I do plan on picking up the first trade to catch up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really have thoughts on it. I neither loved it nor hated it. I suppose I liked it, although saying I tolerated it is probably more accurate. My thoughts on Copperhead were similar. I will be giving both books an entire arc before I write them off, but my excitement for them may have been too high.
    I agree about Roche Limit. Really didn't warm to it at all and I just felt I had kinda seen it all before. Although I did feel the same with Wayward and ended up really liking the second issue so I'll probably hold out my full judgement until I read a few more issues.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I voted Saga. It is the only one I get when it comes out. Chew is actually a better comic but I trade wait for that. I have started waiting for the price drops for digital so I put them on my wish list and get them later. Saga is still a great comic and this latest issue was more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I agree about Roche Limit. Really didn't warm to it at all and I just felt I had kinda seen it all before. Although I did feel the same with Wayward and ended up really liking the second issue so I'll probably hold out my full judgement until I read a few more issues.
    Well, that's a bummer. We have similar tastes, it seems, so hopefully issue 2 picks up.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)