Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thunderbolts #31 Spoilers

Well, not much to talk about. The dialogue is hilariously bad, and the action just kinda happens.

After shooting Ross with the anti-Hulk gun, Hawkeye and the Avengers arrive and try to restrain Ross, then Elektra arrives to tell us what we all knew: Sterns isn't dead. After leaving Frank she took the body to SHIELD and they confirmed it was an LMD, and the issue ends with Hawkeye wanting to arrest Ross, Frank, and Elektra.

Pretty underwhelming stuff, and it sucks to see it end with this quality after Soule put so much work into making it a good title.

I honestly can't believe this was allowed to go to print. I have nothing else to say.

Amazing Member

So what happened to Ghost Rider and Deadpool?

Yea the dialogue was bad at times, very out of character; this last arc feels "phoned in". The action was cool and finally we see some Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletCrab View Post
    Punisher ripped the Ghost Rider spirit away from Johnny who walked away joyfully and Wade was decapitated and put in a canister so he couldn't escape like 3 issues ago now.

Why do I still buy this

I don't think I can ever complain about Bendis speak after reading this.

I did like the little bit where they joked about the Avengers team that came with Hawkeye so it gets 1 star.
    We need better comics

This run is really making me wish it ended with Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    This run is really making me wish it ended with Soule.
    Seriously. Jerk face? Really?

Crapping crap, you stupid. Jerk. Face.

Ugh.

got to say I'm glad I'm reading the reviews before buying. Christ this sounds awful, I for one am glad this probably won't be acknowledged anywhere else.

Yeah, if you haven't gotten it don't waste your money or time. I and others will be detailed about how it all ends next month.

There are no words to express how bad this is... Ross and Frank seemed like two teenagers arguing saying "stupid jerk" to each other. The action was decent, Ross was subdued by a second or third league of Avengers which the members i don't know and the artwork was slightly improved comparing to last issue.

I get the feeling that Acker and Blacker didn't care for this book anymore, comparing to what they did with the annual (which was good, imo). Glad this book is almost over and i will forget this ever happen, unless some writer reminds me of this.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletCrab View Post
    Both will ignore the story from here on out

What this has been showing is what some have known, that Soule was picking up and carrying on his back a lackluster team with not a lot going for the series.... like CT carrying Johnny Bananas on his back in The Challenge...

There's simply not much going for this series, Soule turned not much of anything into something and it's not easy to replicate that magic. I don't put blame on Acker/Blacker, they've proven with the Annual they can put together a very entertaining story.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

Well, this still reads like the team is being controlled by Faustus to me. His lack of appearance since the first issue of the arc is suspicious. So that might be why they were acting so strange... or they could be phoning it in characterisation wise.

But hey, Red Hulk has Ross's haircut and stache! Awesome. I hope that sticks forever now.