Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I tink Loki looked weak on purpose. He gave the amulet to Verity soon as he knew it was Doom. I think him acting "weak" is just another trick but the Trickster
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Oh, there were definitely parallels between the Doom/Loki confrontation and the construction workers, and I am sure it was intentional, driving home the driving theme of the story and all that. I do not think the Loki/Doom confrontation caused it, though.
    Especially when Doom says he's the force that golds Latveria together while we see the workers locked in single combat with each other.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I tink Loki looked weak on purpose. He gave the amulet to Verity soon as he knew it was Doom. I think him acting "weak" is just another trick but the Trickster
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Loki knew it was Doom almost immediately, and it was highlighted, him giving Verity the amulet and telling her to trust in him, and then she shows up at the end and sees what happened. I wouldn't doubt that Loki planned for that. Things with Loki are rarely ever as they appear on the surface. He's always got several plays underneath, so I would wait until next issue before declaring Loki being made to look too weak this issue. I think Doom may be underestimating him, like a lot of people.

BANNED

Next issue is listed at 2.99 again, meaning that this issue is simply a bizzare dollar more expensive. Perhaps it's because it's part of March to Axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    ... is that not what this is?
    As I understand it, this is a mini run and isn't meant to be permanent.

Same here. It's clear Loki doesn't want to fight Doom, so he's not. Which should concern Doom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    I've never seen it called anything but an ongoing. Of course ongoings of lesser characters typically don't last more than a couple years, just due to market pressure, but I'm sure they'll keep doing it either as long as it's economically feasible or until Ewing feels like he's finished.

It has never been called anything but an ongoing. How long it will go on for is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I've never seen it called anything but an ongoing. Of course ongoings of lesser characters typically don't last more than a couple years, just due to market pressure, but I'm sure they'll keep doing it either as long as it's economically feasible or until Ewing feels like he's finished.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I kinda don't think it's going to last that long. Anyone know what the sales are for AoA?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know, but Loki is one of the characters getting top billing in Axis. The book can't be doing that badly.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I kinda don't think it's going to last that long. Anyone know what the sales are for AoA?

As others have said, I have never seen it referred to anything but an ongoing. If it was a mini, it would have had one story and resolved it relatively quickly, like, you know, the Original Sin tie-in did. Instead it has arcs and is setting up an overarching story that ties them together, and is tying in to TWO events so far. That is simply not something you do with a mini. Taking a look at the charts, looks like sales are not great, but OK for now, and are leveling off faster than some others in the same bracket. It's doing well enough to continue for a while yet, especially if it levels off at this level (around 25,000) or better. Marvel's books tend to get cancelled around the time they dip below 20k, but I suspect Loki does fairly well digitally, it tends to show up on Comixology's best sellers charts fairly frequently, and ranks ABOVE books that sell like 10,000 copies better in print, so that may give it a bit of a cushion. But it is currently selling better than All New X-Factor, X-Force, and Nightcrawler (well, Nightcrawler is technically selling better as of it's most recent issue, by a few hundred copies, but it is plunging down the charts like a rock, wile AoA is leveling off) and a bunch of other Marvel books, and the sales are falling slower than any of those. Tie ins to events MAY kick up it's numbers further, though event sales bumps are usually temporary, but if nothing else they will hold off cancellation for a few issues. He will also have a higher profile int he MU in general starting soon, appearing in Axis and Thor with a large part, which may bring in some new readers. I think it's got at least another 7-10 issues in it, hopefully more.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-25-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Man, they better not cancel this book. It's my favorite of Marvel's titles. It's just fantastically done.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Man, they better not cancel this book. It's my favorite of Marvel's titles. It's just fantastically done.
    God I hope so. This is the only comic I actually have a subscription to (Inhumans may follow but now, it's just Loki AoA).

It's going to be interesting when Doom realizes there are 2 Loki's.

Eh, Marvel status quo is something is an ongoing series... until it isn't. No reason to really worry about it... it will either be cancelled or re-branded eventually one way or another.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, Marvel status quo is something is an ongoing series... until it isn't. No reason to really worry about it... it will either be cancelled or re-branded eventually one way or another.
    Exactly. Don't worry about the status of the series. This has been a great run so just enjoy it! I'm bummed that Superior Foes is ending but I'm still going to enjoy the run it had.