Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I love Lady Loki cosplay! You can never go wrong with it. The new "good" Loki costume is a little weird for me, but I too love the coat too much.

The preview we got from Esad Ribic is showing longer horns...I guess Loki won't be changing, which is rather sad.
    I wouldn't say that just based on the horns. Esad Ribic always goes NUTS with the horns on Loki, he clearly loves them to be really huge, those are downright tiny by his standards. I'm sure it's just artistic choice. Keep in mind the bigger picture here, things from solicits for Axis, the fact that Esad Ribic designed it rather than Lee Garbett, (I think it's pretty clear that IS Ribic's design, it's got several of his earmarks, and he is rumored to be drawing the new Astonishing Avengers book, that's probably what the new costume is for) and I think it's pretty clear it's Thor who is going to go bad, and not just because of the inversion. (well, probably not all out baddie when not inverted, but... kinda dark. It sounds like him losing Mjolnir kinda pulls him into a self destructive spiral, making it ever harder for him to become worthy again, which is kinda sad)

for people confused about the costume we are talking about, it's this one:

Attachment 10526

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I wouldn't say that just based on the horns. Esad Ribic always goes NUTS with the horns on Loki, he clearly loves them to be really huge, those are downright tiny by his standards. I'm sure it's just artistic choice. Keep in mind the bigger picture here, things from solicits for Axis, the fact that Esad Ribic designed it rather than Lee Garbett, (I think it's pretty clear that IS Ribic's design, it's got several of his earmarks, and he is rumored to be drawing the new Astonishing Avengers book, that's probably what the new costume is for) and I think it's pretty clear it's Thor who is going to go bad, and not just because of the inversion. (well, probably not all out baddie when not inverted, but... kinda dark. It sounds like him losing Mjolnir kinda pulls him into a self destructive spiral, making it ever harder for him to become worthy again, which is kinda sad)

for people confused about the costume we are talking about, it's this one:

Attachment 10526
    The link didn't work for me

Wait...he's going to be doing the Astonishing Avengers book?!!!!!!! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! So...it's going to be made up of Marvel villains turned good?

Rumored. Just a rumor so far, but... it does all kinda fit together. And the solicit for Axis #6 definitely seems to point to a team of ex villains, since we already know that the Axis team is good guys gone bad.

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #6 (OF 9)
    • The Axis of Evil have won, who is left to stop them?
    • Rogue and Nightcrawler vs Mystique!
    • Thor vs Loki!
    • Magneto and Quicksilver vs The Scarlet Witch!
    • This is it, the face of the new world disorder--The Astonishing Avengers are formed!

I would read the HELL out of a book of reformed Loki, Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver and who knows who else (I would bet money on inverted Sabretooth being involved, even though he wasn't mentioned in the solicit) saving the world in their own unique and probably often morally questionable ways. It's... kinda right up my alley. So if it's not that, I shall be VERY SAD. I am sure that the initial formation of the team will rely on their inverted status, and some of the initial members may fall away after they come to their senses. But there's enough of them there that are either already solidly reformed, like Quicksilver, or are already on a redemption path to make up a team after the inversion effect is gone. We need a couple other non-mutant members though, so it's not just the Brotherhood plus Loki. And yeah, I know some people will bitch about Remender, and I will grant that he can miss as often as he hits, and I've found Uncanny Avengers... a bit shaky. (I haven't hated it, but it's not clicking the same way X-Force did.) But I did love Uncanny X-Force and will keep my fingers crossed that all he needs is some different characters to bring out his A game. And maybe being paired with Ribic again, too.

here's a different link to the image: https://38.media.tumblr.com/076825eb...r00oo1_400.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Rumored. Just a rumor so far, but... it does all kinda fit together. And the solicit for Axis #6 definitely seems to point to a team of ex villains, since we already know that the Axis team is good guys gone bad.

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #6 (OF 9)
    • The Axis of Evil have won, who is left to stop them?
    • Rogue and Nightcrawler vs Mystique!
    • Thor vs Loki!
    • Magneto and Quicksilver vs The Scarlet Witch!
    • This is it, the face of the new world disorder--The Astonishing Avengers are formed!

I would read the HELL out of a book of reformed Loki, Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver and who knows who else (I would bet money on inverted Sabretooth being involved, even though he wasn't mentioned in the solicit) saving the world in their own unique and probably often morally questionable ways. It's... kinda right up my alley. So if it's not that, I shall be VERY SAD. I am sure that the initial formation of the team will rely on their inverted status, and some of the initial members may fall away after they come to their senses. But there's enough of them there that are either already solidly reformed, like Quicksilver, or are already on a redemption path to make up a team after the inversion effect is gone. We need a couple other non-mutant members though, so it's not just the Brotherhood plus Loki. And yeah, I know some people will bitch about Remender, and I will grant that he can miss as often as he hits, and I've found Uncanny Avengers... a bit shaky. (I haven't hated it, but it's not clicking the same way X-Force did.) But I did love Uncanny X-Force and will keep my fingers crossed that all he needs is some different characters to bring out his A game. And maybe being paired with Ribic again, too.

here's a different link to the image: https://38.media.tumblr.com/076825eb...r00oo1_400.jpg
    Of course tumblr has it. Loki may as well be the patron god of tumblr by now. But seriously, it's an interesting look. His ear looks longer. And his outfit looks much less modern than his current one. He sure looks busted up, but not quite so vicious or evil. More like concerned. My thing is, how will Loki join the Red Skull? And why would any villain trust Loki when it's very, very clear that this current Loki is not the evil scumbag he used to be. I imagine the other villains will be Hobgoblin and Carnage...who are both Spider-Man villains. I think Deadpool will be on the team too. You know, now that the event is underway, I like that it's Hobgoblin and not Norman. Seeing more about the inversion, Norman turning good would have just been weird.

Also, so, I just read #6 and I have one question...what is King Loki so mad about? Odin did tell Loki he loved him as his son/daughter. What was he so mad about?

Also, so, I just read #6 and I have one question...what is King Loki so mad about? Odin did tell Loki he loved him as his son/daughter. What was he so mad about?
    King Loki believes he has never been loved, so Odin is engaged in strategic warfare showing affection (which is real) to Loki. Because Odin is a really sneaky bastard. It's also an acknowledgement that King Loki is not Loki.

But seriously, it's an interesting look. His ear looks longer. And his outfit looks much less modern than his current one. He sure looks busted up, but not quite so vicious or evil. More like concerned. My thing is, how will Loki join the Red Skull? And why would any villain trust Loki when it's very, very clear that this current Loki is not the evil scumbag he used to be.
    His ear is longer and more elf like. And I'm wondering if those horns are his helmet...or if they are actually horns. Likewise the eye in shade looks red, not green but that could just be the lighting.

Of course tumblr has it. Loki may as well be the patron god of tumblr by now. But seriously, it's an interesting look. His ear looks longer. And his outfit looks much less modern than his current one. He sure looks busted up, but not quite so vicious or evil. More like concerned. My thing is, how will Loki join the Red Skull? And why would any villain trust Loki when it's very, very clear that this current Loki is not the evil scumbag he used to be. I imagine the other villains will be Hobgoblin and Carnage...who are both Spider-Man villains. I think Deadpool will be on the team too. You know, now that the event is underway, I like that it's Hobgoblin and not Norman. Seeing more about the inversion, Norman turning good would have just been weird.

Well, presumably Loki won't JOIN Red Skull so much as be captured by him. I really can not see this Loki ever joining up with the Red Skull willingly, and as an Asgardian sorcerer, I can't see Red Skull's telepathy being very effective on him. (actually, in the point one issue that led into AoA, he actually managed to pickpocket Red Skull without his telepathy detecting him.) And a lot of the villains involved are already in the process of reforming, so Loki being on a reformation path would actually work in his favor when it came to them all trusting one another. Magneto is an anti-hero who has every reason in the world to DESPISE Red Skull, and Doom is actually trying to do the right thing in this issue, he's just being thrown off the correct target by King Loki. As soon as he figures that out, and I'm sure he will, Doom's a smart cookie, I could easily see them becoming begrudging allies uniting against Red Skull. And then there's the inversion to consider, that will make a lot of the characters act very differently, and may provide the catalyst for them joining forces, since while they are trying to reform, they are also all not very good at playing well with others most of the time. Presumably characters that are closer to the middle like Loki and Magneto will be affected to a somewhat lesser extent, but even there we know Loki suddenly becomes all truthful and selfless (he IS trying to be a better person right now, but he's still pretty selfish and deceitful, as Verity's rant at him pointed out, so...)

I think the Red Skull part of the story is going to be over relatively quickly, though, and Loki is mostly there to deal with the Apocalypse bit of it. I mean, think about it. Isn't Genesis pretty much just like Kid Loki? How would this Loki, who feels tremendous guilt over what he did to Kid Loki, react to him? What would he do if, say, Genesis was about to get his Apocalypse on, somehow? I have a suspicion that the big Loki moment Remender is so excited about may have something to do with that. I mean, that's all just a hunch, there is nothing in the solicits or interviews to suggest that's what's going to happen. I just know that it makes sense to me, and it's what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    King Loki believes he has never been loved, so Odin is engaged in strategic warfare showing affection (which is real) to Loki. Because Odin is a really sneaky bastard. It's also an acknowledgement that King Loki is not Loki.
    huh, that's an interesting take on that scene. I do agree that King Loki was pissed off because all he ever wanted was acceptance and love from Odin, and never got it, but then young Loki gets it from him, and he's jealous and mad about that. I just don't know if Odin knows about King Loki, but i mean, he is Odin, so... maybe?

His ear is longer and more elf like. And I'm wondering if those horns are his helmet...or if they are actually horns. Likewise the eye in shade looks red, not green but that could just be the lighting.
    Ribic always does Loki's horns as, well, HORN or maybe they are ivory or bone, attached to a metal helmet rather than metal, like most others do. Just one of his quirks, and one of the reasons I am fairly certain this is Ribic's design. I do not think they are actual horns. Probably, anyway. He does look like his human/Asgardian fascade is slipping a bit, though, doesn't it? It may have something to do with Laufey coming back, maybe the Frost Giant in him is beginning to surface. And yeah, he does look pretty beat up, my guess is a fight with Thor. (which one, I dunno, maybe both) And yeah, it does look fairly old school Asgardian, I hope this doesn't mean he suddenly loses his affinity for his cell phone and the internet, I really like that new twist to his character, and it totally makes sense since the trickster gods are usually all about embracing new things.

Extraordinary Member

I read something about that King Loki was mad because his plan had been to make everything worse. However, while he did release the Angel ladies back into the universe, he was mad because the Odinson family comes out fairly happy. Odin tells all of his children that he loves them for the first time in forever, even Loki, even going so far as to acknowledge him as both his son and his daughter. Loki even has a sisterly moment with Angela, whom I'm sure would crash on her/his couch sooner or later. So while the Angle ladies are free, Odin and his children, especially Loki, are closer than ever. In his own timeline, I suppose Odin never told Loki how much he loves him and that he acknowledges him as his child.

I'm going to admit, the family thing could make Axis a little more interesting. How would Odin react if Loki was the good, kind, heroic child while Thor went crazy with blood rage?

That being said, I think it would make a painful amount of sense to pit kid-Apocalypse against Loki. KidLoki and Evan both came about around the same time, and ever since fans have made comparisons. Loki killing Evan, who's been forced to revert to Apocalypse, would be painful since it's the exact thing Loki fears will happen to him. Add to this that I'm about 80% sure that Thor is going to be trying to kill him because he thinks Loki can't change, and you have a pretty painful situation.

And that's why I feel excited about Axis. Remender has been laying the seeds for Apocalypse's return for a while, and Loki and Thor's stories sound like they're going to come to a head. Add to this to what's been happening with Magneto, Wanda, Quenten, Wasp and Havok, and you have a lovely little car crash that's either going to be awesome, or suck totally.

That being said, I think it would make a painful amount of sense to pit kid-Apocalypse against Loki. KidLoki and Evan both came about around the same time, and ever since fans have made comparisons. Loki killing Evan, who's been forced to revert to Apocalypse, would be painful since it's the exact thing Loki fears will happen to him. Add to this that I'm about 80% sure that Thor is going to be trying to kill him because he thinks Loki can't change, and you have a pretty painful situation.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to Genesis and Loki crossing paths.

And that's why I feel excited about Axis. Remender has been laying the seeds for Apocalypse's return for a while, and Loki and Thor's stories sound like they're going to come to a head. Add to this to what's been happening with Magneto, Wanda, Quenten, Wasp and Havok, and you have a lovely little car crash that's either going to be awesome, or suck totally.
    Loki is going to come out of this hurt, but possibly gaining some real trust for the first time in a long, long while.

Extraordinary Member

Now that I think about it...Axis has a lot of storylines leading into it. A lot, and I'll be interested to see how Remender does with Loki. It'll either be really good, or bad.

And I imagine Loki's new trust is going to come at Thor's expense. Once again, Loki is gaining respect and trust, but it's by taking someone's place.

I read something about that King Loki was mad because his plan had been to make everything worse. However, while he did release the Angel ladies back into the universe, he was mad because the Odinson family comes out fairly happy. Odin tells all of his children that he loves them for the first time in forever, even Loki, even going so far as to acknowledge him as both his son and his daughter. Loki even has a sisterly moment with Angela, whom I'm sure would crash on her/his couch sooner or later. So while the Angle ladies are free, Odin and his children, especially Loki, are closer than ever. In his own timeline, I suppose Odin never told Loki how much he loves him and that he acknowledges him as his child.

I'm going to admit, the family thing could make Axis a little more interesting. How would Odin react if Loki was the good, kind, heroic child while Thor went crazy with blood rage?
    I think family is a BIG theme in Axis overall. We've got Wanda vs Pietro and Magneto (and I hope Polaris as well, though she has not been mentioned), then you have Scott and Alex but looks like they are patching things up with each other, and even Nightcrawler, Rogue and Mystique, so I'm thinking Loki and Thor's relationship will be a big part, and not just in the tie-in books.

Well, he may save Evan, too. Could go either way. That may make sense if it was Thor (and others, presumably) trying to kill Evan because he's convinced he will go evil and destroy everything, and Loki saves him, somehow, kinda making up for Kid Loki in a way. but yeah, it could just as easily be angst as Loki is forced to take him down.

Extraordinary Member

Well, he may save Evan, too. Could go either way. That may make sense if it was Thor (and others, presumably) trying to kill Evan because he's convinced he will go evil and destroy everything, and Loki saves him, somehow, kinda making up for Kid Loki in a way. but yeah, it could just as easily be angst as Loki is forced to take him down.
    Well, Odin does seem to distrust Loki a bit more in the Thor #1 preview, which I think takes place after Axis? Does it? I think it does...

Then again, I read that as Odin just throwing out the fact that many of Asgard's problems are Loki related, so, you know. But it does make one wonder. And I guess we have two possibilities of what happens here; Thor tries to kill Loki, or he stops himself from trying to kill Loki.

We know from interviews and previews that Thor does go bad, at least for a time. We know he forms a team with other inverted heroes, and we know the X-Men go crazy.

Well, Odin does seem to distrust Loki a bit more in the Thor #1 preview, which I think takes place after ? Does it? I think it does...

Then again, I read that as Odin just throwing out the fact that many of Asgard's problems are Loki related, so, you know. But it does make one wonder. And I guess we have two possibilities of what happens here; Thor tries to kill Loki, or he stops himself from trying to kill Loki.

We know from interviews and previews that Thor does go bad, at least for a time. We know he forms a team with other inverted heroes, and we know the X-Men go crazy.
    Thor #1 takes place before Axis..

thor
    "This story takes place soon after Original Sin in terms of continuity, and so Odinson is still the Thor we are using," clarifies Rick Remender. "He finds himself at a crossroads as well, after having lost the ability to wield the hammer, and thus has begun to undermine his own confidence and his faith in himself. And he falls pretty far during the course of AXIS. Ultimately, he will be forced to make a decision in regards to his half-brother Loki that will define both of them for some time."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23218/..._axis#ixzzthot

loki
    "Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself," notes Rick Remender. "And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23218/...#ixzz3EjxbvGbD

Last edited by ROSA13; 09-29-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    What is the link spoiling? That the book will not destroy the universe like many of the more annoying fanboys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    thor
    "This story takes place soon after Original Sin in terms of continuity, and so Odinson is still the Thor we are using," clarifies Rick Remender. "He finds himself at a crossroads as well, after having lost the ability to wield the hammer, and thus has begun to undermine his own confidence and his faith in himself. And he falls pretty far during the course of AXIS. Ultimately, he will be forced to make a decision in regards to his half-brother Loki that will define both of them for some time."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23218/..._axis#ixzzthot

loki
    "Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself," notes Rick Remender. "And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23218/...#ixzz3EjxbvGbD
    It sounds to me like this does take place after Axis...I think, because Thor is still Thor...I think. But that doesn't explain his full blown break-down. However, the preview did make me realize that Thor is having a redemption arc at the same time Loki is. The only way for one of them to not be redeemed is at the expense of the other, so who gets screwed over in this? And what is Odin going to do when he finds out what Freya is doing with King Loki?