Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Pre-Nu52 there was also the Clear from the PAD Aquaman, that represented everything underwater and intended to be analogous to the Green and the Red.
    Huh. That's interesting.

However, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Even though fish are underwater, they're still animals, and therefore part of the Red. Likewise, kelp is still part of the Green. If anything, the Clear would probably be better suited to apply to Protists, bacteria, and the like.

BANNED

good issue. not one of Soule's best, but still rock solid.

Soule remains one of my favorite writers in the business. i've still to see a book by him that's truly bad.

Spectacular Member

Terrific comic. Best comic DC is putting out these days.

Saiz is an amazing artist.

Spectacular Member

Soule/Saiz. Nothing more need be said, this is far and away the best comic I read these days. It's criminal that more people aren't reading it!

Swampy's journey into the Grey was an interesting development, and I loved the full introduction to "Miki." I love what Soule's doing with Capucine and the Wolf in this issue, and I hope that the name drop for Anton Arcane is a hint that we'll see the Rot return in the not-too-distant future.

I love the sheer number of options that this book has in front of it atm:

- Wolf & the Lady (confirmed to come after Aquaman crossover)

- Incorporation of Bacteria and Metal avatars (Futures End)

- Capucine & Etrigan

- Arcane's prison escape (hinted in Villain issue, and not having Saiz draw Abby & Arcane again should be deemed as a federal crime)

- Healing the wounds of the Green and probably reforming the Parliament in some way

- Brother Jonah is as suspicious as any, something will definitely happen there

- Perhaps Soule will pick up on that little thread that Snyder left on his way out - mentioning of a female Avatar, but one who is not yet ready to take up the mantle (Tefe?)

- Hell hath no fury like the avatar of the Grey scorned!

And yes, the last issue was really good in spite of a somewhat hasty conclusion.

It felt like it ended quickly. Action isn't always needed to make a comic good, but I felt like it needed a touch more. Besides that, another solid issue by Soule and the best book at DC right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I liked explanation on why nobody was aware of Grey's existence. "It" was probably first and only avatar of Grey.
    Isn't the Grey also what Grundy represents on Earth 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    no, he represented the Rot on E2

Astonishing Member

Yeah this is easily DC's best comic. I had no idea who Charles Soule was when it was announced he was taking over, but now he's made this book everything I've wanted it to be and more.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post

- Capucine & Etrigan

- Arcane's prison escape (hinted in Villain issue, and not having Saiz draw Abby & Arcane again should be deemed as a federal crime)

- Healing the wounds of the Green and probably reforming the Parliament in some way

- Perhaps Soule will pick up on that little thread that Snyder left on his way out - mentioning of a female Avatar, but one who is not yet ready to take up the mantle (Tefe?)

And yes, the last issue was really good in spite of a somewhat hasty conclusion.
    Yup, you can tell that Soule knows how to play the long game.

Holy balls! Just when you think Soule can't possibly get any better he delivers issue 31! Great stuff! The Grey avatar, The Wolf revealed as the true enemy, and to top it all off...Aquaman!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post

- Capucine & Etrigan

Yep and I love how interconnected everything can be. I also like how Capucine has a connection to the former Demon Knights (Etrigan and Vandal) in some way. I definitely have similar suspicions on Brother Jonah especially how quickly he waved off how he didn't actually die at the hands of Seeder and I'm curious to see how he continues. The rather hasty conclusion of the issue reminded me of the quick resolution of the 2-part Constantine arc where like that issue it had to speed things up at the end because of an editorial mandate (the villain's issue at the time) and Soule had to compensate and position the book where it would be a month after that. Here I think Soule had to tip his hand with the Wolf for where the book will be going next after the Aquaman crossover so at least we know whats really coming next something that we might see again later on due to the Future's End issue in September.

I'm curious if Soule will pick up on the female Avatar-to-be from the end of Snyder's run. That can definitely be incorporated into whatever Alec does with the Parliament and could be a way for them to get back at Alec though in a way it would be a bit like a retread of the Seeder arc and if Anton or Abby come back Saiz has got to be on art duties for that unbelievable work on them in the villains issue.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

This book continues to be fantastic. I especially loved that Alec wants to revisit his earlier decision to close himself off from the parliament; that was a pretty huge moment in the series and its good to see that Soule is telling his new story while reminding us that there are major plotlines that he will be getting back to. The Wolf being behind that AG corporation (or whatever they were called) was pretty great too as it seems like it is the Wolf who's going to be a major villain (and not Lady Weeds like I initially thought). Soule also introduced another potential villain in the Grey avatar (I hope he/she gets a name soon) and I found that design and concept to be really cool in that it was an odd foil to Alec. All in all, I thought this issue set up a lot of things for the future of the series and I'm excited to see it all pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I did like that gender was fluid to Miki, and how the transition from a human host to the avatar body affected the way it looked.
    This felt like a real Moore-ian flourish to me.

Nothing but good things to say about this team, this book, this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The Green and Grey are very different on Earth-2. For example Alan the Green Lantern is an avatar of the Green there.