Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on current Moon Knight series not featuring other heroes?

So I'll start by saying I'm loving the new run. It's moody, raw, and real. The art is top notch and the writing so far has been great. But I was wondering what you guys thought about the lack of guest appearances so far. I like the way the series is going, but I would like to see some other heroes. I guess there is a fine line. Do you bring in other heroes and possibly kill the vibe or do you keep it how it is?

I personally would like to see maybe The Punisher or Daredevil possibly. What are your thoughts?
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

The series gives me the feeling that Moon Knight is out there doing his thing in the dead of night. Other heroes probably go home and get some sleep by maybe midnight or one at the latest, but Moon Knight's out there till the dawn comes. I think it makes him interestingly unique among superheroes. Going back and reading older Moon Knight stories now, it really sticks out to me whenever he's out in the daylight. It just doesn't look right.

Also, he'd be more likely to see Spider-Man these days, since both Punisher and Daredevil are living on the West Coast at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    The series gives me the feeling that Moon Knight is out there doing his thing in the dead of night. Other heroes probably go home and get some sleep by maybe midnight or one at the latest, but Moon Knight's out there till the dawn comes. I think it makes him interestingly unique among superheroes. Going back and reading older Moon Knight stories now, it really sticks out to me whenever he's out in the daylight. It just doesn't look right.

Also, he'd be more likely to see Spider-Man these days, since both Punisher and Daredevil are living on the West Coast at the moment.
    Well said. And yeah, now that I think about it. MK in the day, especially by himself, seems odd.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

All-New Member

I like the way it is, it makes Moon Knight seem more like Moon Knight IMO having him not have others with him. And only a few maybe would work well alongside him anyways.

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind a cameo of Punisher or Werewolf by Night, as they both play a decent role in the "Moon Knight mythos". Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Zapata Brothers again. Other than that though, I can do without any other heroes.

Mighty Member

Never found the character interesting in the least going back to his WCA days and even his first direct sales series. The guy is a nut job and the whole premise just turned me off.

BANNED

I think Blade would be a good fit for a cameo . He's criminally underutilized, and Moon Knight has been dealing with some supernatural stuff in this series(ghosts and what not), so vampires wouldn't feel out of place.
    Last edited by sprior93; 09-24-2014 at 11:15 PM.

BANNED

I'm buying it for Moon Knight specifically, so I'm fine as it stands now.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm enjoying it enough as it is, I don't think its crying out for big guest stars. That said, if they wanted to use some obscure/b-list character for a couple of issues I'd be down with that.

Fantastic Member

I always think of Moon Knight as being a little on the lunatic fringe of the superhero community - no-one is entirely sure what to make of him, and even when not a literal schizophrenic (well comic-book schizophrenic) he has had multiple identities on the go simultaneously, and his level of sanity/stability has always been... variable. He just works better off as a loner (hero-wise, he needs his supporting cast) to me.

I think the series' remit thus far has been to re-establish Moon Knight as a viable concept in his own right. I'm sure guest stars are coming, eventually, but for now it makes more sense to focus solely on Moon Knight himself.

Please, no guest stars. It's perfect the way it is. It's nice to read a series that doesn't have to fit in an appearance from Deadpool/Avengers/Spiderman/whoever. Just let Moon Knight go do his crazy thing.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Love how Ellis did the one and done stories, so even if you missed an issue you were good. However since I consider this series a six issue mini (left when Ellis did) there was no time for guest stars.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Honestly, I like it the way it is. I appreciate the fact that Marvel hired a truly impressive creative team and let them run wild with their ideas rather than shoehorn it into the wider universe. That gets back to the spirit of that brilliant second year of the Moench/Sienkiewicz series. I also think Marvel has done well by hiring a very solid team to follow Ellis/Shavley, and I hope the new team will get the same kind of latitude.

I'm not opposed to a rare appearance from a guest-star every so often. sprior93 had a good idea for a Blade appearance given Moon Knight's supernatural focus and status as protector of those who travel by night. I just want any potential guest spot to be because of a great story idea and a particular need for the guest star, rather than sensational exposure ("hey let's throw in Deadpool for no good goddamn reason") or to drum up sales ("look its another appearance of Wolverine and/or Spider-Man you completeists need"). As Marvel_Is said, I'm here for Moon Knight. I like him being part of the Marvel Universe, just keep him on the weird fringes of it.
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)