Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Batman/Superman #10 Spoilers

All right, let's spoils this:

spoilers:

Superman and Ray Palmer fight a group of microorganism in Batman's brain.

It's pretty much reminiscing of Sword of The Atom.

Batman kicks one of the organisms' ass.

Ray takes the mantle of The Atom.
    end of spoilers

Overall, a great entry on this series, you shouldn't miss this out.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I'm a fan of the 80's Sword of the Atom books and I thought this story was a lot of fun.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I was really confused with this issue. When was Batman put into a coma? I had to look back at Batman/Superman #9, and Worlds' Finest #21 and nothing. I thought this issue was suppose to be about Earth 2 Batman/Superman and their final days on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    I was really confused with this issue. When was Batman put into a coma? I had to look back at Batman/Superman #9, and Worlds' Finest #21 and nothing. I thought this issue was suppose to be about Earth 2 Batman/Superman and their final days on Earth.
    It's a fill-in because Jae Lee's slow and it'll give him time to catch up.

I really loved this issue. It really makes me want a Jeff Lemire written Atom series involving him with that city and just being awesome in general. Plus there haven't been many science based series in the New 52 lately as well. Of course the only downer is that I don't know if Lemire could juggle everything and still produce awesome stuff. Maybe S.H.A.D.E. sends Ray to the Justice League United to check in on them. Then we could see the Hawkman/Atom bromance return.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This is what I wish this series was like every month. Of course, having Jeff Lemire as your fill-in writer certainly helps. I'm really happy with the way SHADE is being shown and that Ray Palmer is with them. Hopefully, they'll get an even bigger role in the DCU going forward. Awesome way to introduce the Atom!

Astonishing Member

so much for ryan then...

Astonishing Member

Purely amazingly fun issue. I use the word "synthesis" a lot to describe books I like the most. This felt like a nice blend of Batman: The Brave and the Bold and a lot of short-hand Jeff Lemire has been building for a while - his excellent Atom stuff, pre-Flashpoint, his Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E., and more. If they find a balance between Choi and Palmer Atoms as elegantly as B:TB&TB did, I'd be a happy boy.

This had "Sword of the Atom" all over it. And the use of awkward translations from the alien language to explain the blatancy of the villain names was hilarious. Perfect adventure job for Superman and The Atom - and I even heard a bit of Diedrich Bader slipping into my usual Conroy voice I hear in my head.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    so much for ryan then...
    Although I enjoyed his series, I never understood the necessity for Ryan, he basically was just an asian Ray Palmer.

Yeah, that was fantastic and fun. I want more! Curious to see where the S.H.A.D.E. plot will be showing up later.

And seriously, Karl Kerschl needs to get more work.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    This is what I wish this series was like every month. Of course, having Jeff Lemire as your fill-in writer certainly helps. I'm really happy with the way SHADE is being shown and that Ray Palmer is with them. Hopefully, they'll get an even bigger role in the DCU going forward. Awesome way to introduce the Atom!
    I think its safe bet that they will have some pages in Futures End.

BANNED

insidebatmansbrain.jpg

I can only read the "INSIDE BATMAN'S BRAIN" caption with the word "MEANWHILE" in front of it and with the voice of the Superfriends narrator in my mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Although I enjoyed his series, I never understood the necessity for Ryan, he basically was just an asian Ray Palmer.
    Except younger, from a different country, without the failed marriage, dated Giganta, has a history with a pack of bullies back home, friends with a crazy head...

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Except younger, from a different country, without the failed marriage, dated Giganta, has a history with a pack of bullies back home, friends with a crazy head...
    I'm talking personality-wise. He was from a different country and had a different life but in terms of traits and objectives he was pretty much the same.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

That was an awesome issue. Pure fun. Might as well be my favorite of the series so far. But seems like Lemire pretty much ignored Morrison's issue (AC #13) where, according to Superman, Dr. Palmer helped him retrieve artifacts from Kandor. Makes that "since this is your first time" line even harder to swallow. It could always mean Palmer did it for him but I doubt it.

Fun issue.