Page 235 of 246 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that a lot of less imaginative writers would think that. And I hope that if they want to use Tim, they will use Steph. (I hope there are writers who would die for Steph )
    Get where you are coming from but if writers have a reason or allowed to ignore Stephanie she won't get much exposure or development which she really needs right now. Well aside from Tynion and Seeley who else is there? Bryan Hill?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Get where you are coming from but if writers have a reason or allowed to ignore Stephanie she won't get much exposure or development which she really needs right now. Well aside from Tynion and Seeley who else is there? Bryan Hill?
    We'll have to wait and see. Hill seems like he likes Steph, but she doesn't seem that high on his radar (I keep bringing it up on twitter so hopefully she'll get a mention).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

We'll have to wait and see. Hill seems like he likes Steph, but she doesn't seem that high on his radar (I keep bringing it up on twitter so hopefully she'll get a mention).
    Given how Stephanie is sort of essential to Cass's story it would be criminal to not include her maybe as a flashback or she leaves Tim just so she can look in on Cass and see how she is doing under Barbara's tutelage.

Given how Stephanie is sort of essential to Cass's story it would be criminal to not include her maybe as a flashback or she leaves Tim just so she can look in on Cass and see how she is doing under Barbara's tutelage.
    I tend to agree, though as I posted several pages ago, I think the Steph and Cass friendship is not a unified line of great friendship, but had serious ups and downs, and kind of ended (in Batgirl #38) on a down note without ever being reconciled in a real way, though some elements of healing were shown. But in current continuity, unfortunately, much as I like Harper Row as a character, Steph's role in Cass's life has largely been usurped by Harper, and it's one of my enduring frustrations with what Tynion did with the two Eternal series. He pulled it way back in Detective, but there were still hints that it was there in 950. That, unfortunately, undermines what should be Steph's place in the DC universe, the network of relationships. Even if there is precendent in the previous canon for it being undermined, I think it's pretty tragic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I tend to agree, though as I posted several pages ago, I think the Steph and Cass friendship is not a unified line of great friendship, but had serious ups and downs, and kind of ended (in Batgirl #38) on a down note without ever being reconciled in a real way, though some elements of healing were shown. But in current continuity, unfortunately, much as I like Harper Row as a character, Steph's role in Cass's life has largely been usurped by Harper, and it's one of my enduring frustrations with what Tynion did with the two Eternal series. He pulled it way back in Detective, but there were still hints that it was there in 950. That, unfortunately, undermines what should be Steph's place in the DC universe, the network of relationships. Even if there is precendent in the previous canon for it being undermined, I think it's pretty tragic.
    I would say considering how Harper Row fell off the radar after the Anarky arc I doubt she will usurp Stephanie's position as Cass's best friend for much longer. I don't think even Tynion really knows what to even do with Harper Row unless of course she is the character he's taking with him. But if she is I say it makes enough room for Stephanie to re-establish her friendship with Cass. So it should work out hopefully.

I would say considering how Harper Row fell off the radar after the Anarky arc I doubt she will usurp Stephanie's position as Cass's best friend for much longer. I don't think even Tynion really knows what to even do with Harper Row unless of course she is the character he's taking with him. But if she is I say it makes enough room for Stephanie to re-establish her friendship with Cass. So it should work out hopefully.
    It really depends on who writes them - as with everything. It's sadly clear that no-one really knew what to do with Harper, even though I think she could have been a nice member of Team Batgirl or a supporting member of Birds of Prey.

I also have hope. But we need a landing book for Steph for any of these plans to come to fruition.

It really depends on who writes them - as with everything. It's sadly clear that no-one really knew what to do with Harper, even though I think she could have been a nice member of Team Batgirl or a supporting member of Birds of Prey.

I also have hope. But we need a landing book for Steph for any of these plans to come to fruition.
    Well how do you think Harper could have fitted in as member of the Batgirls or the Birds of Prey? All the more reason to hope that the plans for Tim involve Young Justice as part of an attempt at corporate synergy and to tie Tim more closely to the missing years story which should allow Stephanie to be able to have place to call home at least.

Well how do you think Harper could have fitted in as member of the Batgirls or the Birds of Prey? All the more reason to hope that the plans for Tim involve Young Justice as part of an attempt at corporate synergy and to tie Tim more closely to the missing years story which should allow Stephanie to be able to have place to call home at least.
    She's an electrical engineer - she could help setting up bases, gear forging, gadget creation, plus being a solid backup. And post-retirement as Bluebird, she could be like Leslie - creating stronger communities for the Birds to support through fighting crime.

I am still pretty skeptical of Young Justice existing as a title at all. But if it happens, and it has Steph, I'll be there!

She's an electrical engineer - she could help setting up bases, gear forging, gadget creation, plus being a solid backup. And post-retirement as Bluebird, she could be like Leslie - creating stronger communities for the Birds to support through fighting crime.

I am still pretty skeptical of Young Justice existing as a title at all. But if it happens, and it has Steph, I'll be there!
    Basically Harper could be the Q of the Batgirls huh? Well those do sound like they should have been implemented by DC instead of Gus who was sadly boring. I mean it's got to be happening with Super Sons of Tomorrow confirming that the founding members apart from Tim exist in some capacity and Conner was mentioned by the Future Tim that alone should raise some questions. While Tynion may say that the Future Tim's timeline is not future of the main DC universe that's actually the current Batman Beyond future. For them to even appear means they exist in some capacity. Since Hypertime works like the branches of single tree.

Basically Harper could be the Q of the Batgirls huh? Well those do sound like they should have been implemented by DC instead of Gus who was sadly boring. I mean it's got to be happening with Super Sons of Tomorrow confirming that the founding members apart from Tim exist in some capacity and Conner was mentioned by the Future Tim that alone should raise some questions. While Tynion may say that the Future Tim's timeline is not future of the main DC universe that's actually the current Batman Beyond future. For them to even appear means they exist in some capacity. Since Hypertime works like the branches of single tree.
    Awww. I didn't hate Gus, even if I think his problems tended to be resolved through appeals to sympathy rather than redemption (the "woobification" argument).

I think ALL future stories are AU. They may provide writers with a sort of map towards which they build, but there's no future which is set in stone. Because new writers and editors come in all the time and change the future.

So the best thing to do about the future is live like Steph - in hope.

Awww. I didn't hate Gus, even if I think his problems tended to be resolved through appeals to sympathy rather than redemption (the "woobification" argument).

I think ALL future stories are AU. They may provide writers with a sort of map towards which they build, but there's no future which is set in stone. Because new writers and editors come in all the time and change the future.

So the best thing to do about the future is live like Steph - in hope.
    Depends on your idea of redemption still at least he died as heroic as possible. Well I think that was the point of Hypertime to allow writers to subtract or add anything they want so that they can have more freedom to write what they want. It's really what Alan Moore proposed in his Twilight of the Superheroes story. Wise words to live by.

Awesome! And thanks for including the source - now I can reblog it to my Steph fan art collection!

It's always wonderful to see Steph being included, as she deserves, with the Robins.

Stephanie's kind of hard to make out.
    It's going to be inked, so that should make it better.