Page 196 of 246 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well. War Games happened right at the beginning of my serious comics reading career, so it's pretty formative for the way I look at events. DC took well over two years to bring Steph back, and if it weren't for the happy accident of Steph's Batgirl series, she likely would have become a new villain under FabNic's hands.

Haha, nice shade at Morrison. I can't fully hate Morrison, because he gave Cass Black Bat, and also wrote a pretty great Steph story (Batigirl: Stephanie Brown volume 2 on sale now! ).

The one thing I liked about the ending of Batgirl is seeing that Steph was important to Cass so she saw her when dying, but it was still really underwhelming.
    Fabian Nicieza is an interesting animal he can craft some interesting things to take a character to the next level like the mystery of Lynx II which honestly was should have been at the centre of his Red Robin run. I know I'm disappointed to have never figured out whether was she an ally or enemy to Tim. But he can go off the rails and write weird and nasty things like Tim's close encounter with rape and Tim steadily becoming more Batman-lite, even creating a hit list for allies who may go rogue.

And I will be amazed if the Morrison drug actually exist. And the other thing I can't hate Morrisonn for is creating Damian Wayne his introduction was written on drugs too but his creation allowed Stephanie to have someone she can have a fun dynamic against.

And how underwhelming was that scene?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Fabian Nicieza is an interesting animal he can craft some interesting things to take a character to the next level like the mystery of Lynx II which honestly was should have been at the centre of his Red Robin run. I know I'm disappointed to have never figured out whether was she an ally or enemy to Tim. But he can go off the rails and write weird and nasty things like Tim's close encounter with rape and Tim steadily becoming more Batman-lite, even creating a hit list for allies who may go rogue.

And I will be amazed if the Morrison drug actually exist. And the other thing I can't hate Morrisonn for is creating Damian Wayne his introduction was written on drugs too but his creation allowed Stephanie to have someone she can have a fun dynamic against.

And how underwhelming was that scene?
    FabNic...ah. I know you're a big fan of Lynx II (or III, I get confused), but I really dislike how she fits into all the teen girls throwing themselves at Tim.

Totally agree - I may dislike some of the effects of Damian's creation, but I think on the whole, he's a pretty cool character, and Batgirl and Robin are an amazing duo when it's him and Steph! Kinda bummed that Morrison didn't use Damian along with Bruce and Steph in his Batman, Inc story of the two of them.

I'm mostly talking about how the reveal of Cass's mother, and their final confrontation, were all really underwhelming and disatisfying. The Steph vision scene was actually one of the better things about those last issues.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

FabNic...ah. I know you're a big fan of Lynx II (or III, I get confused), but I really dislike how she fits into all the teen girls throwing themselves at Tim.

Totally agree - I may dislike some of the effects of Damian's creation, but I think on the whole, he's a pretty cool character, and Batgirl and Robin are an amazing duo when it's him and Steph! Kinda bummed that Morrison didn't use Damian along with Bruce and Steph in his Batman, Inc story of the two of them.

I'm mostly talking about how the reveal of Cass's mother, and their final confrontation, were all really underwhelming and disatisfying. The Steph vision scene was actually one of the better things about those last issues.
    Well technically the Lynx Tim was dealing with is actually the third one the first Lynx was simply a henchman while the second one was a gang boss just like her successor. You may not like her because of that but there's no denying that Lynx III was an interesting mystery that drove Tim crazy and I would not say no to seeing her again. Despite wanting them to be a couple I can sort of see Tim and Lynx III parting ways but not before sharing one last kiss at the airport.

I am glad that you do agree with me about Damian funny thing is he also comes from the same mould as Cass no wonder he was so interested her. Exactly and I would kill for a return of Stephanie and Damian's Pre-52 friendship it will be one of the things that will be sorely missed from the Post-Crisis. What was Stephanie doing in Batman Inc?

Well it was pretty obvious wasn't it that Lady Shiva was Cass's mother? How did you find their confrontation disatisfying anyway?

Well technically the Lynx Tim was dealing with is actually the third one the first Lynx was simply a henchman while the second one was a gang boss just like her successor. You may not like her because of that but there's no denying that Lynx III was an interesting mystery that drove Tim crazy and I would not say no to seeing her again. Despite wanting them to be a couple I can sort of see Tim and Lynx III parting ways but not before sharing one last kiss at the airport.

I am glad that you do agree with me about Damian funny thing is he also comes from the same mould as Cass no wonder he was so interested her. Exactly and I would kill for a return of Stephanie and Damian's Pre-52 friendship it will be one of the things that will be sorely missed from the Post-Crisis. What was Stephanie doing in Batman Inc?

Well it was pretty obvious wasn't it that Lady Shiva was Cass's mother? How did you find their confrontation disatisfying anyway?
    I think it could have been interesting, but the whole stripping and then making out thing was really obnoxious. But yeah, there's a good story in there.

I do think that the similarity between Cass and Damian's backstories is frustrating, but I like both characters.

I'm currently checking the announcements about the Justice League books from Wonder Con, and so far, we don't have a sighting of Steph. Cass will likely be on the Outsiders book, though, since they've confirmed Hill will be on a book spinning off of his Tec run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think it could have been interesting, but the whole stripping and then making out thing was really obnoxious. But yeah, there's a good story in there.

I do think that the similarity between Cass and Damian's backstories is frustrating, but I like both characters.

I'm currently checking the announcements about the Justice League books from Wonder Con, and so far, we don't have a sighting of Steph. Cass will likely be on the Outsiders book, though, since they've confirmed Hill will be on a book spinning off of his Tec run.
    If you say so it would probably have done better if they left out the stripping part and even though it was part of this weird teen boy fantasy that Nicieza was writing you have to admit the romance part added a certain spiciness to trying to find out who she really was. Sure Damian and Cass were created by the League for similar purposes but it helped that they were set apart by their personalities and the manner of their upbringing. Damian had a more spoiled life while Cass' one was filled with lots of abuse but both came out better than expected. Wow that's unfortunate fingers crossed though that there will be an announcement that talks a bout Stephanie other than that panel of her as Batgirl. Tynion must be working on something special to be so mum about it.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-24-2018 at 12:05 PM.

If you say so it would probably have done better if they left out the stripping part and even though it was part of this weird teen boy fantasy that Nicieza was writing you have to admit the romance part added a certain spiciness to trying to find out who she really was. Sure Damian and Cass were created by the League for similar purposes but it helped that they were set apart by their personalities and the manner of their upbringing. Damian had a more spoiled life while Cass' one was filled with lots of abuse but both came out better than expected. Wow that's unfortunate fingers crossed though that there will be an announcement that talks a bout Stephanie other than that panel of her as Batgirl. Tynion must be working on something special to be so mum about it.
    I like romance. But I don't like players, and I especially don't see Tim as a player, and I feel like FabNic really wanted to add a player aspect to Tim's character in Red Robin.

Or Tynion has no power left in Gotham and all he can do is work with Hill, who doesn't seem to have an interest in Steph.

I like romance. But I don't like players, and I especially don't see Tim as a player, and I feel like FabNic really wanted to add a player aspect to Tim's character in Red Robin.

Or Tynion has no power left in Gotham and all he can do is work with Hill, who doesn't seem to have an interest in Steph.
    It sure didn't suit Tim Nicieza's run had some solid ideas sure but the one I never liked was Tim becoming more Batman-lite and the player aspect seemed to part of that plan. And to top it all of Tim had to deal with his liking for Tam that he wants to but fears to act on completely. Still what is a little odd about Tim is that his hormones don't control him a lot compared to Conner and Bart I in a way found it amusing that meeting Lynx III brought out his hormones more. Maybe once Hill leaves Detective the new guy will take on Tim and Stephanie and given his track record I don't think Tomasi is the man for the job. He's better off writing Super Sons which i hope will be announced. Tynion has announced one of his plans and that's Justice League Dark but Stephanie is not on the line up.

It sure didn't suit Tim Nicieza's run had some solid ideas sure but the one I never liked was Tim becoming more Batman-lite and the player aspect seemed to part of that plan. And to top it all of Tim had to deal with his liking for Tam that he wants to but fears to act on completely. Still what is a little odd about Tim is that his hormones don't control him a lot compared to Conner and Bart I in a way found it amusing that meeting Lynx III brought out his hormones more. Maybe once Hill leaves Detective the new guy will take on Tim and Stephanie and given his track record I don't think Tomasi is the man for the job. He's better off writing Super Sons which i hope will be announced. Tynion has announced one of his plans and that's Justice League Dark but Stephanie is not on the line up.
    Well, I love Steph to death, but I don't think ANY of the Robins belong on the League. I think she certainly would be good with a Titans book, though.

Well, I love Steph to death, but I don't think ANY of the Robins belong on the League. I think she certainly would be good with a Titans book, though.
    What about Dick he led the Justice League as Batman. So far Stephanie is not on either Titans book but skethces for Cassie Sandsmark and Conner Kent are out with a new player in the middle.

What about Dick he led the Justice League as Batman. So far Stephanie is not on either Titans book but skethces for Cassie Sandsmark and Conner Kent are out with a new player in the middle.
    Only as Batman.

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to wait and be sad.

On the other hand, Azrael on Justice League Odyssey and Tynion on Justice League Dark with Zatanna are both pretty exciting to me.

Only as Batman.

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to wait and be sad.

On the other hand, Azrael on Justice League Odyssey and Tynion on Justice League Dark with Zatanna are both pretty exciting to me.
    Cheer up like I said Stephanie's character has survived worse and even though it took two years she still came back and recovered enough to get a solo book. I am more concerned for where Donna Troy, Arsenal, Raven, Tempest, Omen, Bumblee, Mal, and Wally West I will go to.

Cheer up like I said Stephanie's character has survived worse and even though it took two years she still came back and recovered enough to get a solo book. I am more concerned for where Donna Troy, Arsenal, Raven, Tempest, Omen, Bumblee, Mal, and Wally West I will go to.
    Steph has come back from the actual dead and from being completely erased from existence, so I know she'll be back. But I'm still sad.

(Are you a Titans reader?)

Steph has come back from the actual dead and from being completely erased from existence, so I know she'll be back. But I'm still sad.

(Are you a Titans reader?)
    Stephanie was nearly erased from existence? When? Yeah I am but I am disappointed by how both runs went they held such promise only to be derailed by incompetent writing is there anyone in DC who can write a team book besides Tynion and Priest? Peter David could be a fine choice but he's not coming back yet he's not doing so hot over at Marvel.

Stephanie was nearly erased from existence? When? Yeah I am but I am disappointed by how both runs went they held such promise only to be derailed by incompetent writing is there anyone in DC who can write a team book besides Tynion and Priest? Peter David could be a fine choice but he's not coming back yet he's not doing so hot over at Marvel.
    No, Steph was erased from existence with the n52. The new version of Steph is a brand new start - she doesn't have any of her history.

Well, we're about to see if Williamson and Snyder can write a team book.

BANNED

is there anyone in DC who can write a team book besides Tynion and Priest?
    Read New Super-Man and the Justice League of China. Gene Luen-Yang is a genius writer and as far as team dynamics go, the JLC's are the best DC's had on the shelves since Simone's original Secret Six run.

Also, IMO, Tynion's proven that he's not very good at writing a team book.