Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It's a little too early to judge that just yet. There could be a swerve coming, Eternal is over 50 issues long after all. Scratch that, it's WAY too early to make judgments.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    That page with Supergirl is one of my favorites, it's just hilarious. Not a big fan of the deviantart image there. It makes me uncomfortable and I REALLY don't see Steph doing something like that.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's a little too early to judge that just yet. There could be a swerve coming, Eternal is over 50 issues long after all. Scratch that, it's WAY too early to make judgments.
    Agreed.

We already have at least some evidence that Steph's dad didn't want her to find out about him. When he saw her standing there, staring at him in his costume, he clearly looked distraught. Now, maybe that was playacting......or maybe it was playacting when he suddenly pretended to be okay with shooting Steph in the head. He had TIME to compose himself for the murder attempt. His response to Steph appearing out of nowhere was probably the more genuine response.

Also? If Arthur was okay with killing Steph, why did he wait until she was conscious to shoot her? Any one of those villains could've killed her while she was unconscious. And yet Arthur insisted that Steph be awake for what was coming. There are only two possible reasons for that: 1.) Arthur really IS a psychopath and he actually WANTED his daughter to look him in the eye before he murdered her, or 2) He wanted her to have a CHANCE at being able to escape from this situation.

Steph's mom could be in the same boat. Maybe she and Arthur aren't saints, but so far we have no conclusive proof that either one of them really wants any harm to come to Steph, and we've got at least SOME evidence to support the idea that neither of them ever wanted Steph to learn about them and were (and possibly still are) trying to protect her.

Punisher007 is right. It's much too soon to tell. But as far as I'm concerned, the evidence is leaning more in the direction that Arthur loves Steph and doesn't want to see her get hurt. Her mom may very well be the same story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

That page with Supergirl is one of my favorites, it's just hilarious. Not a big fan of the deviantart image there. It makes me uncomfortable and I REALLY don't see Steph doing something like that.
    Why not? We don't know WHY she's teasingly unzipping her costume. Maybe she's getting ready for some fun with her boyfriend or something. She WAS nineteen by the time she put on that costume, I remind you. There's nothing uncomfortable about a nineteen-year-old girl being sexual, unless we can clearly see she's being sexual toward the Penguin or something.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Yeah that's why I said seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Also? If Arthur was okay with killing Steph, why did he wait until she was conscious to shoot her?
    Because that's what bad guys always do and have always done in, in the history of everything ever.

Come on, if he was 'giving her chance', he was taking a pretty huge punt that she'd find a way to escape. What if she hadn't spotted the gas canisters? "Ok Stephanie. I'm going to shoot you now. Right now. Absolutely right at this moment. Riiiiiiight.... now. This instant. There's no escape for you... Even if you hit the gas! I'm not just gassing, this is it!! I'm ready to smoke you!! Oh, for crying out loud Steph', use one of these gas canisters and leg it!!!"
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 05-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Amazing Member

Why not? We don't know WHY she's teasingly unzipping her costume. Maybe she's getting ready for some fun with her boyfriend or something. She WAS nineteen by the time she put on that costume, I remind you. There's nothing uncomfortable about a nineteen-year-old girl being sexual, unless we can clearly see she's being sexual toward the Penguin or something.
    1. Steph is one of the few female characters in comics who is NOT built like that
    2. The lower picture makes it clear it is not in her nature to neglect underwear.
    3. Its Cheesecake Pin Up art. I don't like it. People are entitled to not like it. Some of his other work, including some of the Steph Batgirl covers is wonderful though.

Yep. Sure, it's not really a pose anyone would immediately associate with Stephanie; indeed, the main reason I posted it is cos it's such an obvious juxtaposition to the page from Batgirl #14. But I don't think it's anything to feel especially uncomfortable about.

Still, it's all down personal perspective and all that. How Punisher feels is perfectly legitimate for precisely that reason. Nobody can be wrong about their own opinion.

Ultimate Member

BTW, when I said that it's "too early to judge," I was referring more to Steph's mother than to Cluemaster. There could be more going on with her. Cluemaster's always been a crappy parent at best.

Oxygen thief

I wonder how long it will take this thread to reach 300 pages?

Anyway, yay Steph in Eternal!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    I wonder how long it will take this thread to reach 300 pages?

Anyway, yay Steph in Eternal!
    Slower, given that i hope this one won't be fuelled by her mistreatment

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBecc View Post
    Slower, given that i hope this one won't be fuelled by her mistreatment
    But this time it will fueled by how great she's being treated!
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    But this time it will fueled by how great she's being treated!
    Ahhh Utopia .
    I truly hope it's finally the case.

Astonishing Member

It's just too bad they can't have Brian Q Miller write her again.

Amazing Member

That really is a pity.
    I have to admit i really liked Jon Lewis' efforts too