Page 236 of 246 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's going to be inked, so that should make it better.
    Hope the artist presents an inked version.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Reminds me of that production art for the non-produced No Man's Land cartoon.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me of that production art for the non-produced No Man's Land cartoon.
    What was that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

What was that?
    Before Beware the Batman became a thing WB was developing concepts for other Batman cartoons.

One was based on No Man's Land:

BANNED

That's partially accurate. Originally the show was being developed in the mid-2000's, but they went with Brave and the Bold instead because they thought the show was too dark. Then they tried to get it made again, but it was once again passed over in favor of Beware the Batman.

And yes, I will forever be bitter that this show which could have been the break Cass needed was passed over twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That's partially accurate. Originally the show was being developed in the mid-2000's, but they went with Brave and the Bold instead because they thought the show was too dark. Then they tried to get it made again, but it was once again passed over in favor of Beware the Batman.

And yes, I will forever be bitter that this show which could have been the break Cass needed was passed over twice.
    I forgot about it being talked about back during the Brave and the Bold days.

Personally I think she probably would have turned up in Beware the Batman had it not got been one of the victims of CN being where good action cartoons go to die.

Before Beware the Batman became a thing WB was developing concepts for other Batman cartoons.

That looks really cool!

I do have a really soft spot in my heart for Brave and the Bold because of the Calling All Robin issue of the tie-in comic. It came at a time when Steph fans were really in need of it.

All New Batman - Brave & The Bold #13 pg31.jpg
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

That character with batarangs... Made me think in Cass.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-14-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    That character with batarangs... Made me think in Cass.
    I'm pretty sure it is Cass, since No Man's Land was her introductory story. Additionally, sadly, Steph was sidelined from action during NML, because of her pregnancy and recovery.

I'm pretty sure it is Cass, since No Man's Land was her introductory story. Additionally, sadly, Steph was sidelined from action during NML, because of her pregnancy and recovery.
    Since it was a kids show maybe they could skip over Stephanie's pregnancy and just include her? If this show had been green lit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Since it was a kids show maybe they could skip over Stephanie's pregnancy and just include her? If this show had been green lit.
    I mean, counterfactuals are always kinda dead-endy. But I doubt it, since they already had two girls, and that's clearly enough (/sarcasm).

I mean, counterfactuals are always kinda dead-endy. But I doubt it, since they already had two girls, and that's clearly enough (/sarcasm).
    Well too bad we'll never know huh? But if the pregnancy had not been included and Stephanie was allowed to participate in No Man's Land what role could she have had?

Well too bad we'll never know huh? But if the pregnancy had not been included and Stephanie was allowed to participate in No Man's Land what role could she have had?
    I shudder to think. Maybe they'd put her in Helena's role, and she'd be the "fake Batgirl". And get shot a lot by the Joker. Hmmm. Maybe she was better sitting it out...ugh.

I shudder to think. Maybe they'd put her in Helena's role, and she'd be the "fake Batgirl". And get shot a lot by the Joker. Hmmm. Maybe she was better sitting it out...ugh.
    Well that sounds like Stephanie was better off out of action for the duration of No Man's Land. Shame really though she could participate in any attempt to help the needy people of Gotham somehow mayb help Leslie Thompkins.

Well that sounds like Stephanie was better off out of action for the duration of No Man's Land. Shame really though she could participate in any attempt to help the needy people of Gotham somehow mayb help Leslie Thompkins.
    Leslie had several great stories in NML, often involving Huntress, so maybe. But the whole of NML was pretty dark. I'm sure that's part of why they had difficulty making a kids show about it.