Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3689

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I had an idea for a fanfic a while back where Steph is Robin in Young Justice season 1 instead of Dick. Cluemaster would, of course, be part of the Light like Sportsmaster was.
    Is it still up? If so, you can either PM me the link or else post the link here. I would love to read your story and give some feedback.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I had an idea for a fanfic a while back where Steph is Robin in Young Justice season 1 instead of Dick. Cluemaster would of course be part of the Light like Sportsmaster was.
    Good idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Is it still up? If so, you can either PM me the link or else post the link here. I would love to read your story and give some feedback.
    I never wrote it down. Just had the idea. Steph would be the only Robin, having started as Spoiler to help Batman take down Cluemaster. It would eventually be revealed that Batman turned her away and she ended up training with Black Canary before Batman would come around and allow her to be his sidekick. There'd be a plot where 'Spoiler' would be going around committing crimes and Steph would be trying to keep her former identify a secret from her friends while trying to catch the fake Spoiler. Having a father as a villain would make her sympathetic to Artemis. And the team would be joined by the Linda Danvers Supergirl, who would be Steph's best friend but have a testy relationship with Superboy because she had Superman's approval while he didn't.

Extraordinary Member

You know what? It's the 4th of July. Young Justice Episode 1 takes place on the 4th of July. I'll give it a shot.

Extraordinary Member

Mr. Freeze slid down the ice ramp he had created, past a family he had frozen in the middle of their Independence Day barbecue.

He took aim at the civilians fleeing the park.

There was a whizzing sound as a sharp object came out of nowhere and knocked his ice-canon away.

Freeze looked at the object now embedded in the ground, a black boomerang with bat-scallops.

"Batman," Freeze said. "I was wondering when you'd show up."

"Wrong-a-roo," a female voice said.

Freeze looked around for the source of the voice. A shadow appeared over him, causing him to look up as a pair of boots collided with his helmet, knocking him over.

As he fell to the ground, Freeze saw a figure land in front of him. She was a teenager with long blonde hair. Her costume was red and green with a yellow and black cape, and she wore a dark green domino mask. The 'R' symbol on her chest was unmistakable.

"Ah, the girl wonder," Freeze said dismissively.

"Freeze," Robin responded, taking two more batarangs out of her utility belt. These batarangs were of a lighter color than the dark one which had been thrown before. She threw them both at Mr. Freeze.

The left batarang hit the ice canon again. But instead of knocking the weapon away, the batarang exploded in a a spray of green slime which completely covered the large gun.

The other batarang struck Freeze himself, also enveloping him in the slime.

"Gooperangs," Robin said with a smirk, "gotta love em."

"You'll forgive me if I'm underwhelmed," Freeze said. The mechanical fingers of his large exosuit dug into the earth as he slowly pushed himself up.

"Yeah, well, I'm only here to slow you down, freeze-brain," Robin retorted.

Freeze struggled to rise despite the goop. As Robin's words sunk in he looked up again in horror. Another shadow appeared over him, far larger and more menacing.

He had no chance to react as a black fist collided with his face.

Solid start with a nice action scene. I want to see more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    Anyone else in the team! I also hope that she is Nightwing's mentor
    It's pretty obvious that nightwing's her mentor at this point just like artemis is arrowette mentor, so I believe she will get soild screen time because of it. Also I believe that spoiler and arrowette are going to be BFF's like dick and wally, I've just get a feeling.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I never wrote it down. Just had the idea. Steph would be the only Robin, having started as Spoiler to help Batman take down Cluemaster. It would eventually be revealed that Batman turned her away and she ended up training with Black Canary before Batman would come around and allow her to be his sidekick. There'd be a plot where 'Spoiler' would be going around committing crimes and Steph would be trying to keep her former identify a secret from her friends while trying to catch the fake Spoiler. Having a father as a villain would make her sympathetic to Artemis. And the team would be joined by the Linda Danvers Supergirl, who would be Steph's best friend but have a testy relationship with Superboy because she had Superman's approval while he didn't.
    I love it! I recommend posting it to AO3 and linking it! Good way to get reviews!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Three heroes stood in front of the Hall of Justice, the official headquarters of the Justice League of America in Washington DC.

With them stood their sidekicks, Robin, Aqualad, and Speedy.

Batman smiled, a rare sight, as he said "today's the day" in an equally rare pleasant tone.

Robin looked up at her mentor and smiled back. After everything that had happened between them since she first put on a mask and a cape, for him to bring her here was the most powerful sign of trust he could have given her.

The six spandex-clad heroes felt a burst of wind from behind them. They turned to see the red and yellow figures of Flash and Kid Flash, the faster man and teenager on Earth.

"Aw man," Kid Flash complained. "I knew we'd be the last ones here."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A crowd of onlookers cheered and took pictures on their cell phones as the heroes and sidekicks walked towards the Hall of Justice.

Robin spared a nervous glance at Batman. When she had first met the Dark Knight, he refused to allow any photographs of himself to be taken, and he refused to operate in the day. Even his membership in the Justice League had been unofficial until recently.

But now he simply stared ahead as if oblivious to all the people and camera flashes around.

Green Arrow leaned forward to speak with his protege, Speedy. "Ready to see the inner sanctum?"

"Born that way," Speedy replied, his tone betraying his impatience.

Aqualad looked around at his companions. "I am glad we are all here."

"Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?" Kid Flash asked.

"Don't call us sidekicks," Speedy said angrily. "Not after today."

"Sorry," Kid Flash said. "First time at the hall - I'm a little overwhelmed."

The entered the building and stopped. Before them stood seven enormous gold statues. Images of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and Aquaman, the seven founding members of the Justice League, towered over them.

"Overwhelming is right," Robin said as she stared at the larger than life figures. But even as she stared in awe, a part of her brain noticed that the statue of her mentor was slightly shinier and less worn than the other six, a sign of its relatively late addition following Batman's public acknowledgement of his membership in the organization of the world's greatest heroes.

A door marked 'authorized personnel only opened, revealing Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado.

Martian Manhunter addressed the sidekicks. "Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash. Welcome."

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...g7d/?context=3

Kelly Thompson, current writer for Mr. and Mrs. X, got to work with Pere Perez on the prequel to that series, Rogue and Gambit. Perez did such awesome issues of Steph's Batgirl series as #17, the Damian team up, and #24, the finale (sniff sniff). And she thought they were awesome!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Fantastic Member

Has anyone ever read these two fanfic on a what-if story on if Stephanie ever became the Red Hood.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/11453411...-Full-of-Blood
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/11551793...Full-of-Sorrow

Love Steph, I wish she would get her own book again. Her Batgirl title is one of my favorites of all time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUxFXjf16U

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Has anyone ever read these two fanfic on a what-if story on if Stephanie ever became the Red Hood.
    Those are some of the best Steph fics - I often recommend them! I love how the author manages to create this whole world, capturing the personalities and emotions of the comics, but in a wholly new way.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Love Steph, I wish she would get her own book again. Her Batgirl title is one of my favorites of all time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUxFXjf16U
    Sad and happy face.

I'd be okay with a Steph solo, a Tim and Steph duo, or a League of Batgirls with Babs, Steph, and Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Sad and happy face.

I'd be okay with a Steph solo, a Tim and Steph duo, or a League of Batgirls with Babs, Steph, and Cass.
    Totally! Me too. Those are all awesome characters.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Thank you for pointing these out. I ended up reading a lot more of her work and loved every minute of it. "Macushla" and "Misericordia" were incredible 'Stephanie as an assassin trained by Talia' stories.